My husband and I have just returned from a week's stay at the Hilton Resort & Spa. We were looking for rest and relaxation and were not disappointed. This hotel is spread over quite a large area. As well as the main hotel, there are many villas which sweep right round a glorious bay. We found the walk from one side to the other very pleasant in the evening.
We stayed in a deluxe sea-view room in the main part of the hotel (room 2407). We had 2 huge beds each which can be converted to 1 enormous bed on request. There was a small balcony which had the most amazing view of the entire beach area from one end of the hotel to the other. The bathroom contained everything you could need including a step-in shower. The standard of toiletries was high - Crabtree & Evelyn La Source - my favourite! We never saw our housekeeper, but they did an amazing job. Every day we came back to a different towel arrangement on our bed dotted with fresh petals. On our last day a lovely towelling swan was waiting for us. This is a small touch but a lovely surprise. There is a mini-bar (not included in the all-inclusive), tea and coffee making facilities and a large screen television showing several channels, including movies and BBC world news.
We sampled several of the available restaurants including the main one - the Maajid. Breakfast could be taken inside or out and the choice was enormous. Lunch and dinner also comprised extensive buffet meals. There was something for everyone. The Italian restaurant in the hotel we tried twice because we loved it so much. The chef came over to ask how we had enjoyed the food and made my husband and I a joint chocolate mousse which was to die for. We also tried the South American restaurant at the other end of the hotel and also enjoyed this. The staff in all restaurants, and in any of the hotel's facilities, were wonderful and couldn't do enough for us. They were also some of the most friendly we have every come across. The poolside bar was lovely for a light lunch.
The beach areas were magnificent. Lovely long stretches of golden sand with enough sun loungers for a small army!! The standard of loungers by the pool areas was of an excellent standard - very thick mattresses with head rests. My husband loves swimming in the sea and so we spent every day on the beach. The beach attendants are excellent and provide a good service. The sea was lovely and warm and beautifully clean. There are several swimming pools all of which looked clean and well kept.
We both booked spa sessions - my husband a massage and myself a facial. My therapist was called Laura and my facial also included a 10 minute foot reflexology session which was to die for. If you take advantage of the Happy Hour booking system you can get a 25 per cent discount off the price. The Happy Hour changes every day so just ask at reception for details.
As has been mentioned before, there is still a little building work going on at the side of the hotel but this was hardly noticeable.
We were very surprised at some of the earlier negative reviews. However, we can only speak of what we found - a wonderfully staffed oasis of luxury. We would not hesitate to go back again. This time of year seems a good time to go as we reckon the hotel was only about half full, if that. Consequently the staff were falling over themselves to help us.
We can't wait to book and go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa is nestled in a spectacular private bay at the northern tip of the Arabian Peninsula, overlooking the shimmering waters of the Arabian Gulf. Only a 70-minute drive to Dubai International Airport and two hours from Abu Dhabi International Airport. Guestrooms: The Resort consists of 151 guestrooms in villas and 324 guestrooms in the hotel, each with a private balcony and exclusive access to the beautiful 1.5 km sandy beach. All guestrooms are fully equipped with a Plasma TV, minibar, alarm clock, coffee facilities, safe box, iron with board, hair dryer and wired internet (fee). Dining: With 11 restaurants and bars to choose from, guests will be spoilt for choice. Start the day with Hilton Breakfast in the bright and spacious Maarid, then stop by BN Cafe for your favourite coffee, or swim up to Sunset Bar to grab your favourite cocktail. Begin your evening with a traditional Middle Eastern shisha in Al Bahar Rooftop, before contemplating whether to try South American cuisine in Pura Vida or classic Italian fine dining at Piaceri da Gustare. At night, spend great times at the classic X.O. bar serving cognac and vintage ports. Leisure: The Spa features 9 treatment rooms, hamams, Jacuzzis, saunas and steam rooms. For the gym enthusiasts, there is a Hilton fitness by Precor center with aerobics rooms. Or take part in water sports with our on-site diving center offering snorkeling, water skiing, sailing and jet skiing. The perfect end to a day is a swim in one of our six swimming pools; including a salt water pool and a shaded pool for children. An onsite Kid's Club with indoor and outdoor playrooms and a Teens Club will keep the children and teens busy whilst you relax in the best resort in Ras Al Khaimah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort And Spa
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Hotel Ras Al Khaimah
- Ras Al Khaimah Hilton
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa