“Dirty, dirty, dirty!”

Ewan Hotel
Ranked #2 of 17 Sharjah B&B and Inns
“Dirty, dirty, dirty!”
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

The bath mat in the bathroom looked more like a door mat - it was rubber and completely covered in mud! Bath had a rim of dirt around it and some hair in it for added effect. Some of the lights were not working, cables were sticking out of plug sockets, there were European plug appliances plugged into British type sockets! H&s hazard or what? Wi fi was 10 dirham per hour- weak signal and I got kicked off after 20 mins. It looks pretty in the lobby area but the upstairs doesn't match it. I've stayed in 3 star hotels in Africa and they were much better than this 4 star.

Stayed January 2014
3 Thank Weronika82

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
UAE
Reviewed 21 February 2010

We have been a victim of this unscrupulous hotel. They refuse to return our money when we checked out early. They have no hot water, no internet connection. To top it all, the management refuse to talk to us and the General Manager himself hung up the phone. The level of unprofessionalism is unbelievable.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
6 Thank izadary

Travellers are raving about these Sharjah hotels

Riffa, Bahrain
Reviewed 13 February 2010

Had a terrible terrible experience with this hotel. Organised my baby's first birthday party here. When we reached the hotel half an hour before the guests were due, absolutely nothing had been done... And nothing means NOTHING! The hall had not been cleaned, had not been set up, no tables nothing.. All the clutter from the previous party were lying around. Seems they had a mix up with the time. And the worst part was no one was ready to help us.. the guy at the reception just kept repeating that it was not his job. The waiters would not even give my guests a glass of water saying they didnt have orders! In the end a couple of helpful staff helped us out and we were able to give the guests food around 2 hrs late... All in all a terrible experience and they didnt even knock anything off the bill!! Never again!

Stayed February 2010
4 Thank grtvacations
Kiev
Reviewed 13 May 2009

I like this hotel!
I have a very enjoyable experience. It was first time in Dubai, in Sharjah!
is perfectly managed, room & bathroom's design are amazing . Everything is clean.
Beach is a bit far than I want, but it was ok!
Breakfast was perfect! Fresh Mango juice every morning!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Dubai
Reviewed 16 November 2008

I had my wedding banquet hosted at this hotel and both my wife and I loved everything about it. The events manager Ms. Hanan was fully cooperative and so were her staff...She had everything meticulously planned and all my guests were impressed with all the arrangements that were made.

The honeymoon suite that we got was spacious and well-lit. Some bulbs were not working though...Staff probably forgot to replace them. The bathroom was clean and cozy. The bed was a little too soft for my taste but everything else was really nice.

All in all, I recommend the Ewan hotel to host a party and also as a great place to stay at.

• Liked — Food, service, staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple