“Thumbs Up” 4 of 5 bubbles

Najmat Lahore Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 1,183 Restaurants in Sharjah
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Description: Near the DNATA & SNTTA & EMIRATES Travel Office in Sharjah. On the same road as Bank of Baroda & EROS DIGITAL & the old Sharjah Cinema (no longer there, but still remembered as a landmark in the area).
Sharjah
“Thumbs Up”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

Pros: Tasty food (my take handi, malai boti, kheer & brain masala), extremelyyy reasonable price (even once I suggested jokingly to the owner that we are happy to pay little more), very good ambience, well mannered staff and located near the bus stand. Have heard from many but not tried that breakfast has many options and is very good

Cons: Sometimes different curry dishes have similar spice so they might give identical tastes, little bit conjested (but that's not difficult to adjust, however weekends might be very congested), dishes might take some time to be served as they cook on the spot and also if you it is weekend

• Visited November 2012

• Arabic first
  • Finnish first
Dubai
“Average for non-Asian”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

Despite it was recommended by an asian fellow; I didn't like Njmat Lahor that much; comparing to other Pakistanian cusin in sharjah and dubai it's not one of favorite for me. All dishes are very spicy to the extent that you can not bear; I had my 3 years old son for whom I didn't find any non spicy food to order. staff hardly speaks english so not easy to communicate.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank WaelSeleem
Dubai
“DO NOT MISS THIS PLACE - SERIOUSLY!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

How and where do I begin? Without wanting to sound 'cocky', I know my restaurants! Now at first glance, the area in which this restaurant is located (Rolla, Sharjah) is not the most appealing to the eye - perhaps the best way to put it is that its both genuine and traditional. This is mirrored in the Najmat Lahore as well - its genuine and traditional. When you walk in, youre treated to a friendly atmosphere that's comfortable and not intimidating. There is a perfect family section which is great, and the seating and overall cleanliness is second to none. When ordering, the waiter had some suggestions and these turned out to be spot on! I agree with one of the other reviews on this page that suggested chicken ginger - its brill! Also try the Chops Tawa :) The food is sooooo delicious NL is now by far our fave restaurant in the UAE. The prices are EXTREMELY reasonable, the staff are friendly and most importantly that food is beyond belief. Even deserts were yummy! We tried the Gajar Halwa and that was yummmm! Whilst I havnt tried it yet, the breakfast on friday mornings is also supposed to be something worth going for - particularly the halwa puri which is a great sweet dish that I absolutely love - so I shall be booking my table for this friday morn :)

Try it people, you'll get hooked! :)

• Visited March 2012
6 Thank ahmed b
dubai
“Best Asian restuarant in the UAE.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

The food is absolutely great. My personal favorite; Ginger Chicken. However I recommend trying everything on their menu. The restuarant is modern and clean and I love the open window kitchen idea. The service is great too, polite waiters and the manager/owner is a really friendly guy. Don't let his big beard put you off!

Yes you have to wait for half an hour or so, but that's with any quality restaurant where the food is fresh. People who complain about the food taking long should go to McDonald's. The taste of the food is well worth the wait.

I've been a couple of times with friends and family. It gets pretty busy on weekend nights so I recommend going on the weekday if you can. Definitely a restaurant to check out and worth the drive from Dubai every single time.

• Visited February 2012
6 Thank bobhadish
sharjah
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Lovely tasty food - we went after some friends suggested the place - the food was great in taste and all freshly cooked, lovely setting and nice staff who were friendly with my kids - i will go again soon and definitely recommend it!

• Visited March 2012