“Not great, just Ok”

Ranked #5 of 79 Hotels in Sharjah
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Not great, just Ok”
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Advertised as a 2 bedroom suite so you think its a 2 bed 2 bath, well it was 1 & half bath, with a family of 5 that could lead to a line. Location is confusing at first but after two days it was fine though there is better locations to stay at in Dubai. Hotel skipped one day of cleaning our suite but whenever we requested some thing it came right away. I wouldn't stay there again because again there are better places to stay at.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank bindaham
Michael Z, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Sharjah, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
Dear guest,

thank you for staying at the Ramada Sharjah and your comments/ratring on Tripadvisor. We offer 1 and 2 bed room apartments with seperate living room & dinig room area, big fully equipped kitchen and two full bed rooms with extra bathroom and a guest toilet at the entrance. There is plenty of space to put in another bed. The large apartments, the proximity to the city of Dubai and the value for money / competitive room rate, is what makes Ramada Sharjah so attractive and the traveller's choice. We have no also added free high speen internet.

Come and stay again with us @ Ramada Sharjah or try one of our other Ramada and Ramada Plaza hotels in Dubai.
best regards

Michael Zager & team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Martinique
Reviewed 17 December 2012

This hotel is located at the entry of Sharjah. This means that this is one of the multiple towers, that it is very noisy (late in the night you can hear the taxi horns), the traffic is terrible and you can walk nowhere (unlees you want to put your life at risk). This is the very bad side of Sharjah. Also there is no outdoor place in the hotel. The room terraces are by far to small to be used. The pool (very small) is indoor and this is really not nice to have nowhere to sit outdoors. To continue on the bad note (before I go the positive one), there are almost only Russian people in the hotel who are really impolite and push to go in the elevator and NEVER say "hello" or some words of politness. The personal at the reception is not really helpfull and after 4 months in the hotel, they do not recognize you. They say "yes" to each request but nothing happens.
On a very positive note, the rooms are big, clean and nice. The personal who takes care of the rooms is exceptional and I could really say I feel like at home. In general, the personal of this hotel (except at the front desk) is very polite, always has a smile and is very helpful even when you do not ask.
Also the positive note of being in Sharjah is that there are many facilities for the kids (the Kasba, many parks, the corniche). The places are nice once you are there but even if it is 5 km away, it takes more than half a hour to get there with the taxi because of the traffic. And walking is not possible because you can not cross roads.
Opposite to the hotel, there is a small mall (the shara center) which is quiet nice and where kids can play. But here again, no outdoors places. This is what I have missed the most: the possibility to sit outside.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Froch76
Dear guest,
thank you very much for staying at the Ramada Sharjah (only 15 min. from Dubai Intl. Airport) and your feedback which is very helpful and I'm happy to give you an update on the work in progress. My apologies for the belated response as we had some changes and I only received recently access to this webpage.

You will be happy to hear that we have taken your feedback on board and are building an outdoor roof top terrace with deck chairs and sunbeds combined with umbrellas.
The reception team is very polite and helpful and attended a Ramada service culture training to ensure all guest requests are handled quickly and to the guests satisfaction.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

Michael Zager & team
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 10 November 2012

If you want a spacious apartment for you and your family at reasonable prices with hotel facilities this is ' the place'. We took double bedroom apartment with kitchen and living room and we felt like home.
I suggest to rent a car too so you will be able to move freely, anyway taxi service is good in uae.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Giulio B
Noemi O, Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Sharjah, responded to this review, 7 December 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay at Ramada Sharjah.

It gives us great pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and you felt like home in our spacious apartment. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we are looking forward to welcoming you back when you are in the area again!

Kind regards,

Michael Zager
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I spent 2 nights at Ramada Sharjah with my family in March. Overall, I would say it is one of the best options in Sharjah for families. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment. The dining area and living room were spacious. The bedroom was not as spacious but still good enough. There are Two large screen TVs in the bedroom and the living room. The kitchen is equipped well. The room has one main toilet with a bath/shower and another small one without a shower. The hotel is quite new, so the furniture is nice. Since the hotel is inside the city, you can not expect a wonderful sea-view. Ours overlooked some buildings, one of which was under construction; however, there was no noise. I assume a room overlooking Sahara Center would be better. The location is quite nice although it is a bit difficult to reach the hotel at first. It is opposite to Sahara Center, one of the best ones in Sharja with children play area. One main road is in between the hotel and the center. However, there is an overpass very close to the entrance to the hotel to take you there with an elevator. My brother told me that the elevator was not working once, but it was fixed later on. I had no issues over the 3 days. It is a close drive to Al Majaz Waterfront and Al Qasba, where you can visit Etisalat Eye of the Emirates (60 meters observation wheel).

I did not go to the pool, but my wife said it was not very big. I did not see the gym neither. The one downside I had was with a bad smell on the floor in which we were staying. The intensity differs from time to time. Once it's very strong, others it is almost gone, then back again. We did not have an issue with that in the room though, as far as you close the door right away. However, I didn't report it during my stay, but on the checkout I was informed that it will be investigated over. I hope that is resolved now. I am not sure if it has to do with the ventilation or some individual behavior.

The hotel has a multi-floors parking building (behind the hotel), but it is a bit narrow. It might be a bit challenging if you have a big car. I had no issues with my Saloon. There is more parking space in front of the hotel and there is an open area nearby which can be used I assume.

We tried the room service and the food was good. They had a selection of juices which tasted very nice. It will certainly be a potential option in my next visits to Sharjah.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank alhosani
Noemi O, Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Sharjah, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for sharing with us and other travellers your experience at Ramada Sharjah.

I was happy to read that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us, and you were satisfied with our services and facilities. Your kind words are highly appreciated and please note that your comments were followed up, as we are striving not only to meet but to exceed our guests` expectations.

Thank you again for your feedback and we are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Best regards,

Sandvika, Norway
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We are a couple, 46 years old. we get a good rate for 3 months stay directly from hotel. our stay were excelent and we can advice this hotel for anyone.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rasoul E
Noemi O, Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Sharjah, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay at Ramada Sharjah.

I was pleased to read that you had an excellent stay with us and enjoyed our hospitality, especially that we had the pleasure to have you as our valued guest for 3 months.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and I do hope that you will return to our hotel when your are in the area again.

With best regards,

Lecco, Italy
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I spent 4 days in this Hotel.
The room was very nice and big, I was alone but you can stay with 4 people very well. The room was not cleaned very good and they didn't change the towel every day.
The breakfast was not so rich.
I had a dinner in the restaurant at the ground floor and for one soup and a piece of meat (not very good) they spent one hour (the reastaurant was empty).
At the end I can say that the rooms are good but not so clean and the reastaurant is unacceptable.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank MENE86
Noemi O, Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Sharjah, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear Sir,

First of all thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Ramada Sharjah.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our rooms, however, I regret to learn that you were not entirely satisfied with our services. Your constructive comments on our Restaurant service is highly apprecitated, as only through comments like yours we are able to improve our services and facilities on a daily basis.
Please rest assured that the overall satisfaction of our guests is of the highest importance to us, therefore we will do our utmost to make sure that we serve you better in the future.

In the hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel,

Sincerely Yours,

Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 14 November 2011

I was there as part of work. The facility is excellent for family or single. The rooms were really great. The staff were cooperative. The restaurent was used basically for the free breakfast. I had dinner from there and the food was great. During breakfast, there was only one girl to serve and it was difficult to get a clean table. She had to do all work. If you like to order something, better give then enough time for preparation. You will not get it just like that.

The hotel rooms are in fact Appartments with kitchen and living room. I enjoyed my stay there. Whenever I travel there, I always stay there. The hotel is away from the busy Dubai, but it is not difficult to reach dubai in reasonable time. The best part is that the Dubai airport is only 10 minutes from the hotel.

When you come back from Dubai, tell the Taxi to drop you to the other side of Sahara Center. Otherwise, the taxi will charge 20 Dirham extra for entering Sharjah emirate. If you cross Sahara Centre by walk, you can reach the hotel in 10 minutes.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business