“Lovely hotel, Comfortable, Clean. 1 problem”
Review of Centro Sharjah

Ranked #3 of 79 Hotels in Sharjah
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We spent 4 nights at the Centro Sharjah and we were very happy. I would have given a rating of 5 stars as my experience of this hotel reflects many of the positive reviews from others. Clean room. WONDERFUL pillows. Comfortable bed. The room looked just like the photos. Parking was plentiful and convenient. Easy access to the ring road and all parts of Dubai. The staff was very pleasant, friendly. We didn't eat here, but the food looked wonderful, nice presentation.

Here was our one, and only problem: The evening of our last stay (last because of this problem), we came home to find the door of our room ajar...meaning open and unlocked. The cleaning staff didn't close the door after cleaning. I suspect they left the door open to get something and didn't return. We were very fortunate that nothing was stolen from our room. Immediately, I went to downstairs to tell the front desk manager. He was unavailable, so I spoke to the staff on duty. His first comment was, "Madame, you need to pull the door closed when you leave." (Odd because the doors are weighted to fall shut when you leave them.) When I explained AGAIN to them that it was their cleaning staff that left the door open (I had placed the "clean my room" sign on the door.), he still seemed to be unfazed. It was difficult for us to understand that they didn't see the implications of this problem, probably because nothing was stolen from our room? Or, maybe because I didn't scream and yell that they left the door open? This complete oversight of a security issue made us decide to check out of the hotel.
Regarding free wi-fi. The internet is not free in this hotel. It is, however, cheaper per hour than most places, but very difficult to login from the hotel's secured browser. Just a reminder that the UAE censors the internet. Please don't expect that you will get free access to internet everywhere.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank sierragoddess
CentroSharjah, General Manager at Centro Sharjah, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments, which I am delighted to receive. We do appreciate hearing from our values guests as It is only through valuable customer’s feedback like yours that we can maintain and more importantly improve the level of our customer services and facilities that we aspire to provide.

First and foremost, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and annoyance that you experienced during the last day of your recent stay. I understand your concern with regards to your door being found opened and I know how frustrating it has been taken care of. While the lack of service and attentiveness you experienced is unusual and not the standard of the hotel, these have been briefed with our Housekeeping and Front Office team and necessary corrective actions have been taken.

On the other note, I am pleased to know that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us and that the services and the hotel facilities are up to your satisfaction. I would like to thank you for your comments as these go a long way in motivating our team.

It was a pleasure to have you as our regular guest and I look forward to welcoming you back at Centro Sharjah in the not too distant future.

Yours Sincerely,

David Jamieson

There are newer reviews for Centro Sharjah

Reviewed 28 January 2012

I recently stayed at the new Centro Hotel in Sharjah on a layover from Egypt. This hotel is amazing. The decor is modern and beautiful. The bed was very comfortable and had feather pillows! The restaurant had offered buffet style meals that are to die for! The fitness center and pool are really nice. Above all this hotel is walking distance from the airport terminal.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank swanzie
CentroSharjah, General Manager at Centro Sharjah, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Centro Sharjah.

I have read your comments and greatly appreciate your time taken in sharing your memorable experience with us.

I was pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and that you find our facilties and services up to your satisfactions and exceeded your expectations.The positive comments you have mentioned about our hotel especially being rated us a 5-star hotel are really motivating and inspiring, rest assured that these have been shared with the entire team.

Once again thank you for your comments. We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest and we look forward to serve you again in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

David Jamieson

Reviewed 9 December 2011

The Hotel is very clean, elegant and staff are very friendly and polite. The hotel definately feels like its more than just a 3 star hotel. I would personally feel it would easily match any 4 star property. Rooms are well appointed, nice lighting, but the bathrooms are quiete small if youre really used to large spaceous bathrooms. Complementary tea/coffee making facility in the room is a plus too. 3 plus points about the pool area: 1) Nice comfortable seating ( couches and comfy seats), 2) Kids pool available 3)Pool timings are extended from 7 am to 10 pm which gives you plenty of time to swim in the morning/afternoon/night at your convenience. The hotel is in a very close proximity to sharjah airport and will be very convenient for transit and business travellers. Parking is abundant in the hotel too if youre driving. A negative point is that the hotel does not have porters, but I knew about that before going so i made sure I have convenient trolly baggage for the trip. In addition to that, trollies are readily available if you need them at the entrance of the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose rooms that overlook the pool for a nice view of the pool, and a closer look at any family mem...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
14  Thank MetroTraveller2011
Reviewed 14 November 2011

A modern and new hotel, with a great location, adjacent to Sharjah Airport, is perfect if you’re coming through that airport, and it provides easy and hassle-free access to Dubai through Emirates Rd which connects Dubai to the Northern Emirates. Owned by Air Arabia and run by Rotana, a solid brand of hospitality services in the region, I have been to a “Centro” hotel in Dubai, Yas Island Abu Dhabi, and now here, and I am yet to be disappointed. We came at a time of Eid, so the hotel was fully booked, and it showed, from the jammed parking lot, very busy lobby, elevators, and restaurant. I expected the worst from that, but the very friendly receptionist and super easy and fast check-in process but me at ease. My room in the fourth and highest floor, number 477, you walk out of the panoramic elevator right to it. Since the hotel was full of noisy children, many of them staying in the rooms next to ours, I also expected not so quiet nights of sleep, but to our relief, we found out the room is very isolated and outside noises did not reach us at all.

The room itself was not very large, but its size was just fine for the two of us. The room was nicely decorated, with a comfortable wide bed, small but adequate closet, a mini bar, a safe, a plasma TV, and many drawers. The room has a kettle, tea and coffee kits, and they provides you daily with complementary bottles of water, which is a nice touch. Bathroom is smartly designed to make the most of its small size. Very clean and full of toiletries, and the shower is partitioned from the rest of it by a glass door.

The restaurant occupies the middle of the lobby, and the whole hotel takes a circular shape and open all the way up to a glass ceiling that let the sunlight light up the whole hotel during the day. All the rooms overlook it and coming up or down the glass elevator, it gives you a great view of the hotel and especially the restaurant, and that makes it really a great place to start your morning at. Our room package comes with breakfast, and even though the place was packed most of our stay that we had to wait for a table for more than 5 min one morning, the breakfast was worthy. Great variety and apt service, it was a little hectic at times, but that is understandable when you are dealing with so many families with young children. The hotel also has a great looking outdoor pool, and gym facility that I did not use. It also has a 24 hours deli, and an ATM machine, which can be really useful.

The housekeeping was ok, but sometimes they can be lazy with their checklists, for instance, I had to leave them a note to leave a tissues box one time, and they can be a little scroogy with towels (sometimes they leave one instead of two shower towels), but these are minor things in my opinion that did not take away from my enjoyment of my stay. However, my biggest criticism of this hotel is the paid Wi-Fi internet service, which is pricy at 20 AED per hour or AED75 for 24 hour. Internet was free in the other “Centro” hotels when I was there, and the world should not go backward when it comes to connecting people to the internet. I begrudgingly paid for the service twice in my stay, but for all fairness, the speed was great.

Bottom line, stay at “Centro Sharjah” for a competitive price and great comfort. It is better than the hotels in Dubai in the same price range, and certainly better than staying in hotels in Sharjah city center especially if your main destination is Dubai.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank ayaa1977
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Very nice hotel for business trips and 1 or 2 nights stay, near Sharjah airport which was the main reason for me chosing this hotel. The take away C.Deli shop is very convenient it opens 24 hours and you just buy your food and go to your room. The room was very comfortable, i will definitely recommnend it and i will definitely stay there whenever travelling through sharjah airport.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
8  Thank Cooxie
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Very good hotel, friendly service, spacious and nice rooms and very very affordable prices.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank Elmehdi-07
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Extremely afforrdable, spacious lobby, excellent restaurant, nice pool, and on top of that the location is magnificent as it is near Emirates road driving you to Dubai, or Northern emirates, and on Al Dhaid road, which takes you to Sharjah City Center or Eastern Cities.

The hotel is rated 3 stars, but I give it 5 in comparison to other Sharjah Hotels...

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo