“If you've gotta be in Sharjah, I guess stay here.”
Review of Hilton Sharjah

Hilton Sharjah
Ranked #2 of 79 Hotels in Sharjah
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I was in Sharjah for a wedding and I stayed here. Overall, this place was totally fine.
The public areas of the hotel were quite nice - all shiny and modern. I thought that the breakfast that I had was good - lots of choices, friendly service, and a nice view overlooking the corniche. There were two pool choices on either side of the hotel and both seemed really nice. didnt go in either, but they seemed well maintained, with ample deck chairs, etc, to make it comfortable. I dipped my toes in the water and it seemed a good temperature.
Room was a tad dated. My bed was comfortable and it had all the hilton touches - the sheets, the mattress, etc. What frustrated me was the inaccessibility of plugs in the room. I have what I thought were UAE standard plugs with my blackberry and adaptor for my us appliances, and there were only two plugs in the room that seemed to accommodate these plugs. it was very awkward to find the plugs and plug them in, which was annoying.
Another thing that I find annoying (and this is a chain-wide thing, not necessarily specific to this Hilton) - the charge for wifi. Wifi in the lobby is free, but here they charge a pretty high rate - 100AED - to have room access. I've stayed in third world countries in hostels and lower star rated hotels, and had better wifi for free in my room. It simply irks me that a high level hotel continues to charge for it.
If you have to go to Sharjah, then this place is probably the best you're gonna do. There are some nice views from the rooms, but looks can be deceiving as I was ready to get out of Sharjah ASAP.

Room Tip: go high up and ask for a room overlooking the corniche. the view is pretty good.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jasoncrh
Richard G, General Manager at Hilton Sharjah, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear jasoncrh

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at our hotel.

Happy to note that you liked the breakfast choices, the friendly service and the lagoon view, however regarding your comments on the inaccessibility of plugs and the Wi-Fi charge; I shall be exploring this further with my team as we endeavour to improve our services even further in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Sharjah

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife and I have just completed a nine night stay and this is our second time at the Hilton Sharjah. Check in was incredibly slick taking just a couple of minutes and then an escort to our room. The staff are polite and accommodating. Special thanks to Mr Hassan, Front Desk Manager for ensuring a comfortable and enjoyable stay. My wife and I are looking forward to returning to this exceptional hotel later in the year.

1  Thank Robert C

Dear Robert C

Thank you so much for your positive feedback on our hotel and its team. Commendation like this really motivates us to strive to perform better.

We are really glad that your wife and you enjoyed your nine night stay with us, the special mention of our staff delighted us the most.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have stayed (and will continue to stay) at the Hilton Sharjah, on many occasions. Aside from the great location, the staff make this hotel. Great service all around, and a highly recommended for business or vacation travel. Recommend the executive lounge, gym, pool...its all good.

Room Tip: Top, cornice facing rooms...perfect.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PJB00

Dear PJB00

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at our hotel.

We are really pleased to see that you are satisfied with many aspects of our hotel and that you will continue to stay with us.

So glad to hear that you particularly like our location, gym, pools, but the special mention of our staff and the service really delighted us the most.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We spent 4 nights in this hotel when we stayed in the Dubai area. While it is some distance from the Dubai metro, we only went to Dubai one day, spending more time in the Sharjah museums and on a tour of the eastern emirates. After a day in Dubai it was so refreshing to return to this relatively quiet location on the beautiful Sharjah corniche. The views of the corniche are wonderful, and the pools are terrific.....large enough for a really enjoyable swim. We ate in the restaurant once, and it was very good. The Casbah area is a 5-10 minute walk from the hotel with restaurants, cafes and store; a nice place to relax in the evening. Hotel staff very helpful. Our room was spacious, clean, it seemed a little musty or smoky when we checked in but that was not noticeable after a few hours. Unfortunately WIFI is free only in the lobby. Overall though we were pleased with the hotel and happy we had chosen to stay in Sharjah.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the corniche have a great view. Be sure to request a non-smoking room if that's wha...
1  Thank AlenaMK

Dear Alena MK

First of all, thank you very much indeed for this feedback. We really appreciate it.

Happy to learn that you found our hotel to be in a relatively quiet location after visiting Dubai once, also you found the view, the pools, room and the surrounding areas great, but it was the mention of our helpful staff that delighted us the most.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Simply great Hotel and lovely and nice location. It was a short stay for me but everything was smoothly and all the staff so helpful and well trained. A Big thanks to Hassan in front desk. Nice Pools and restaurants specially the buffet very good. If you have time please try it! Hope to have a chance to going back soon and maybe spend more days.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Joybis
Richard G, General Manager at Hilton Sharjah, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Joybis

First of all, thank you very much for this feedback. We really appreciate it.

So glad you found our hotel great as well as our location, pools, restaurants and the buffet, but it was the special mention of our staff that really delighted us the most.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Recently I stayed atthis hotel during a training. The rooms are nice, spacious and clean with an amazing view over the corniche. Room amenities are good. Check in and out was smooth and was explained about the hotel facilities. Breakfast has a great variety and good and attentive service same for lunch and dinner at Mojo. We had dinner at the Iranian restaurant, the food was truly amazing. Overall I had a great stay and enjoyed the hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AnnaPascal

Dear Anna Pascal

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

Pleased to hear that you particularly liked the room, lagoon view and the amenities as well as the food and the services.

Looking forward to the chance of being of service to you again if your travels ever bring you back to Sharjah.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

The hotel staff were lovely and very helpful and the hotels was immaculate I have nothing bad to say about the place, will definitely recommend people to stay there and would also go back to stay there.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Takudzwa C

Dear Takudzwa C

Thanks very much indeed for referring to your stay as ‘Excellent’, we really appreciate it.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will recommend our hotel but it was the special mention about the staff that really delighted us.

Hoping to see you soon at Hilton Sharjah.