Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
View deal
Booking.comUS$56
Priceline
Official HotelUS$71
All reviews master suite deep pool kids pool living room every morning spacious rooms villa dubai corniche housekeeping pros comfort team luxury mr staycation
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 July 2011

everything in it is good except the part where we found two lizards in the villa we stayed in

Room tip: ask for a full villa for better rest
Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank kamal024
Reviewed 25 March 2011

On arrival the staff were friendly especially the bell boy. We soon discovered though that this place really was lacking many things. The children's pool was out of service and after a week it still had no one there fixing it, we then used the hotel complex next door which had a good warm pool.

The gate that leads to the lagoon from the resort is closed so you now have to walk all the way around the resort as its fenced off. This was not a big issue for us though, I was just surprised as I had read on one website that it had private lagoon access.

We then had food in the cafe with coutyard, it was empty and we now know why, I ordered a breakfast for our kids, sent the eggs back as the egg whites were still runny. A beef and chicken salad arrives with corn beef in chunks & processed chicken in chunks with a tiny bit of salad. For my sins I ate the shrimp cocktail five warm shrimps stuck onto a wine glass with three leaves in the centre! I'm not a fussy eater it was just really bad. We had one nice meal at the resturant at the entrance to the resort, would eat there. Don't order room service, did it once must have been made by the same chef. We did complain about the food but were not given a discount.

Rooms are great, big spacious, they don't always top up the shampoo etc each day, and the only uncomfortable thing was we could hear the people next door. They have a door between the suites which means that we were woken at 5am with a couple packing for the airport. Then the next guests asked us to be quiet as our kids get up at 7am, its a bit of a pain to be whispering whilst you are on holiday.

I would not go again, I think it has so much potential and as we tend to use Dubai frequently as a stop over, it is a great location but I enjoy eating out for the break so it's useful having places on the resort to go to which are nice. After the first welcoming check in the staff at the check in desk were rather grumpy. The resort has four stars but this really should only be two possibily three at the most.

Also be aware that if you catch taxis from this area it's worth taking a map and phone number. We found that many drivers did not know the local attractions especially if they travel into Dubai.

Date of stay: March 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank JamesUK96
Reviewed 10 December 2010

Unusual location for a modern busy developing city. A bit of olde world refuge from the express speed of the city. We did have doubts initially but after first night settled in and enjoyed the experience - a bit of deja vue from way back in our much travelled past.

Date of stay: December 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank cappi813
Reviewed 3 February 2009

This resort has a good location on the Sharjah Cornice. It is a collection of villas in a nice garden that overlooks a lagoon. I can best describe the place as being old but freshly powdered. The villas are well maintained and quite comfortable. The furnishings appeared quite new. The usual coffee and tea making facilities were provided.
There are two swimming pools but only one was in use during my stay. I think the other one was undergoing maintenance work of some sort. But it was winter so it didn't matter as the weather did not really make swimming very desirable. The staff were very pleasant and efficient. My only suggestion is that something be done to change the decor of the little Rendezvous Restaurant that serves buffet breakfasts and dinners. The flourescent lights and green walls make the place look very sad and dreary. Some brighter colours and perhaps some cheerful music would make a big difference. There are a couple of other restaurants and a cafe on the property but I did not try them. There is also a Dunkin Donuts just outside the gate. There is no bar as Sharjah is a dry emirate.

Date of stay: January 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Jonathan B
Reviewed 11 December 2007

Great location by Lagoon, and friendly staff, but a little lacking in TLC, or attention to detail, and not customer focussed enough. Rooms too have seen better days. My hot water wasn't hot, I ran out of tea bags over 3 days, but no-one noticed, and although mostly v.quiet - the last night I was there they let a wild wedding party play arab drums in the garden all night, keeping us all awake, and when mentioned next morning, they said "you should have told us, we would have stopped them" - fat lot of good that was.

Anyway, loads of facilities, nice site and would probably stay again, but be ready to insist on the things that weren't right being sorted.

Date of stay: December 2007
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank statelyhomemonster