Grand Excelsior Sharjah
Hotel Holiday International Sharjah(Sharjah)(Great Value!)
US$119
Swiss-Belhotel Sharjah(Sharjah)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$59
Agoda.com
Golden Tulip Sharjah(Sharjah)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$60
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsholiday innthe rooftop swimming poolindian restaurantreception staffking size bedan assetvalet parkingstandard roomthe ground floorpleasant staytea and coffeenice viewmega mallper dayroom service iseasy accessan upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Words that sum up my experience so far here – Incompetent, arrogant & uninformed front desk/reception, unpalatable food, lethargic room service & housekeeping (decent rooms though)

Been in Sharjah for nearly 3 weeks now on a business trip, and have been staying at the Holiday Inn all the while. Issues with the quality of stay have been frequent and persistent, but what surprises me is the apathy of the staff and management. Maybe this hotel works well for those on a short stay, my experience so far has been way below average, bordering on the unpleasant.

Issue 1: Lost camera memory card
A colleague (who is also staying at the same place), left behind a camera memory card at the reception, to be handed over to me upon my return. (a) the hotel didn't think it necessary to inform me that a package was waiting collection from me (b) when I went down to the reception to pick it up, staff denied knowledge of any such package, and tried vehemently to convince me that I was wrong. On inquiring further and calling the person who had received the package, they scurried to find it, to no avail (current stand – we shall look for it and inform you). How can a hotel lose an envelope with the guest name and room number clearly mentioned on it (incidentally, this was a hotel envelope, and not a random packet). To top this all, the staff have been extremely arrogant in responding to this situation

Issue 2: Food at the restaurant
Quality of food has been pathetic all along. Being a vegetarian, I am aware that it might be unfair to expect an elaborate vegetarian fare in this part of the world, but quality issues cannot be easily excused (standard response from the management – we have an Indian night on Thursdays – have you tried it out?) (I DO NOT expect Indian food, but at least one vegetarian dish for every meal that is good). We have had instances where there was fungus in the bread kept at the breakfast table (happened to a colleague), and another instance in which the tags for beef and chicken were interchanged (serving beef to a Hindu is blasphemous) I have long stopped having meals at the hotel.

Housekeeping here works at its own pace, and getting them to collect your laundry before leaving for work in the morning is a task in itself. I have had several issues with the WiFi as well (broken routers, intermittent service etc.)

Have said all this, I must say the rooms are rather nice (at least the one I have been put up in) – possibly the only nice thing here!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
tareks1973, Front Office Manager at Grand Excelsior Sharjah, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay and we regret that your expectations were not catered to. We have passed the message to the concerned parties involved and be assured that appropriate actions will be taken to ensure that no similar situations will reoccur.

Our goal is to consistently provide guest satisfaction. Your candid feedback is highly appreciated. We will do our best to resolve all your concerns and hopefully give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Its very good hotel room is very big food is very good hospitality next time I will arrange for take my family to enjoy and I will tell all my friends about this vacation and tell them about this hotel and give them a recommendation to visit the hotel and have a nice time the hotel have more than one facility swimming pool gem restaurant

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
tareks1973, Front Office Manager at Grand Excelsior Sharjah, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post your guest review. It makes us proud to read your nice comments about the room, food ad hospitality. We will await for your next visit with your family in the not so far future. Please do recommend our hotel to your friends to spend their "holiday" or for business travel needs.

Once again, thank you. We look forward in hosting you again.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed for two nights last week.
The location is right in the Sharjah city centre and two minutes walk from the lagoon.
The staff was very cooperative and particularly Miss Carmina who is responsible for comfortable stay of the guests. She is very hard working and knew the art of dealing with the guests and made sure they had no problems during their stay.
My room was upgraded to a suite with beautiful view of the lagoon and the city. I will highly recommend this hotel which is, frankly speaking, not far from the centre of Dubai and an excellent value for money.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Basafroz
tareks1973, Front Office Manager at Grand Excelsior Sharjah, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time to share your great experience with us. We are very delighted to hear that you have an excellent stay and that motivates us to do our best. Our team will continue to live up to your expectations and try to exceed for your satisfaction.

Please recommend our hotel to your family and friends. We look forward on your next visit with us soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Thank you for a great time and wonderful stay. Luxury place. Perfect reception work. Big respect for front office manager, Mr. Tarek (sorry if his name different spelling). Also thanks for the room - the view of lagoon was amaizing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Elinka2014
tareks1973, Front Office Manager at Grand Excelsior Sharjah, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your great experience with us. We are very grateful that you had a great stay. We also appreciate your positive comments about the Front Office team handled under my supervision. It makes us proud to be part of one great team. The view of the Khalid lagoon is mostly requested by our guests and we are glad that you enjoyed it from your room.

Once again, thank you and we hope to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Sharjah! It was a pleasure to have you as our valuable guest.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I am not sure what started hotel this is, but it surely ha device equivalent to a 0 star primitive lodge that I might pay around 3 dollars per night for.
The service quality is pathetic, actually I wonder if they have been trained to be rude and unhelpful to guests. For instance, even the toilet paper is not replenished in the bathroom and I have to keep reminding them to do it every evening I come back to the hotel. Secondly, used cutlery isn't cleared from the room every day. Laundry bags have to be called for every morning. The list is endless. My house maid back at home does a better job at housekeeping than this hotel. I will not wish this hotel even upon my worst enemy.

• Stayed: March 2014
Tarek S, Front Office Manager at Grand Excelsior Sharjah, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your review on the tripadvisor website. We regret to know that we didn't live up to your expectations and we do apologize if we have come for any short of meeting it.
We will keep in touch with you to understand further about your comments.
Let me assure you that your comments is extremely valuable to us and it has been shared with our concerned team members for the most appropriate action.
Our service foundation is built on anticipating and exceeding our guests needs as their satisfaction is our ultimate goal.