About Carmelo: A small rural town over River Las Vacas ( The cows) w/ 20 thousand inhab.( 15 thousand in Carmelo city) living on farming, winnerys and tourism. Major tourist attractions are:
a) Carmelo Four Seasons
b) Puerto Camacho and Club de Campo el Faro.
c) Restaurant "Narbona" from el Pacha Cantel: (A Argy that developed Puerto Camacho and the Club) thou expensive is a MUST.
e) A walk in the city
f) One hour from Colonia.
Highlights of the F. Seasons :
a) Location ( In front of the beautifull Uruguay river, ondulated sandy lands sorrounded by Eucaliptus forests, the superb Bungalows, are Imo the best choice for lodging.
b) The Spa, the Spa ! superb.
c) Service , excellent, pro and friendly.
d) Food was very good, we enjoyed alot the cooking classes with María Esperanza the Pattisier and her recipee for Alfajores.
e)Activities ( Water act. bikes, polo, golf, visits to close spots. A place you can go w/ kids
Best way to travel to Carmelo: La Cacciola fast boat from Tigre city leaving every day 8,30 am (after 2 hours croosing of the Rio de la Plata, you will be to Carmelo pier over Arroyo las Vacas). A Taxi should pick you up ( unless the hotel forgetts to pick you up as happened to us) . Cost by boat both ways U$S 55 per pax.
Taxis : Always hire private ones , the hotel doubles the fee.
Winnerys: There are a couple of winneys to visit. The Tannat kept in Oak might be a nice surprise to wine tasters...The Narbona restaurant sells Tannat botle for U$S 40 each. its (produced in their vineyards proceesed at Bodegas IRURTIA). The also produce their own cheeses.
Polo / Golf : Excellent proposals for fans . Polo clinics for U$S 50 per hour with Huber Robiralta (ex Susana Gimenez husband). The Golf field is amazing.
Bottom line: KUDOS for the Fours Seasons.. Excellent choice for 3/5 days of relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Consistently gold-listed as Uruguay's top resort, we offer 44 bungalows and bi-level luxury suites 30 minutes by plane from Buenos Aires or 2 hours by boat. Enjoy world-class golf, wine-inspired spa treatments, and dedicated service during your stay in Carmelo, Uruguay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Carmelo Resort & Spa, A Hyatt Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Carmelo Hotel Carmelo
- 4 Seasons Resort Carmelo
- Four Seasons Hotel Carmelo
- Four Seasons Carmelo
- Carmelo Four Seasons