“Great spot but slow service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Lentas Maravillas
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Cafe, Contemporary
Good for: View, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Lentas Maravillas isn't exactly a restaurant, it's a coffee shop/tea-room that also serves lunch and occasional private dinners. We are a small venue that sits up to 14 people in our living room and up to 16 people in the garden. We like being small because we can provide better service to our clients. We specialise in gourmet sandwiches and salads in Summer. In winter, in addition to our sandwiches, we make a spicy goulash and a chicken curry...There's also a hot, fiery soup to welcome our clients as they wait for their food to arrive...Desserts are home-made and some of the cakes are a revised version of my mother's Austro-Hungarian recipes.
London, United Kingdom
“Great spot but slow service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

This was a great spot to grab a bite to eat. The views from the garden looking out to the river is stunning... You can get a better spot than this to watch the sun set. The service though was painfully slow and unresponsive. Maybe we were unlucky.... Maybe not. The price you have to pay is pretty expensive but I guess if the service was better then it would have been ok.

Worth a visit for the views alone

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Natal
“Great place to relax and enjoy great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

I have read the TA reviews and I went there with big expectations. I'm happy I wasn't disappointed!
The place really deserves all the compliments: the staff is nice and kind, the patio is cute and the food is superb. Actually I was surprised to see how little the restaurant is. Only few tables inside and a little number more on the garden. That's the kind of place where you don't hear what your neighbors are talking, unless you really want it. The chairs are spread all over the garden and there is plenty of space between people.
The owner of the restaurant is a lovely lady, cute, gentle, a very nice woman. For some reason, there was a mistake when preparing our check, and she realized it only when we had left. She ran in the street, waving for us. We came back and she gave us back the amount that was incorrectly charged. For me, it was such a nice gesture of her. Thanks!
In summary, a place I would come back as many times as I could... Don't miss it.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Robby2012
London, United Kingdom
“Marvellous Maravillas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

So love this spot by the river.
Superb food and great service. The cakes are just fantastic and the staff are really wonderful.
Would come back to Colonia just for the 'slow miracles' produced in the kitchen.
Just a reminder that it doesn't open till 14:00h.

• Visited November 2013
New Zealand
“Lovely spot to while away the hours”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

This is a gorgeous cafe with a lovely garden and warm friendly interior. The staff were very friendly and you feel like you are relaxing in their home. The big downside though are the prices. I was quite shocked when I compared afterwards what we had paid for sandwiches and wine. It was more than the dinner we had that night and a lot more than anything in Buenos Aires. Definitely worth a visit, but perhaps just stick to a coffee.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Ciao2007
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

Nice place to get an expresso. I found it when I was walking around in the afternoon. Located close to the yacht club. Once in front you are attracted to come in. Very good service.

1 Thank Marcelo F