“One of the best”

Lentas Maravillas
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Lentas Maravillas isn't exactly a restaurant, it's a coffee shop/tea-room that also serves lunch and occasional private dinners. We are a small venue that sits up to 14 people in our living room and up to 16 people in the garden. We like being small because we can provide better service to our clients. We specialise in gourmet sandwiches and salads in Summer. In winter, in addition to our sandwiches, we make a spicy goulash and a chicken curry...There's also a hot, fiery soup to welcome our clients as they wait for their food to arrive...Desserts are home-made and some of the cakes are a revised version of my mother's Austro-Hungarian recipes.
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I'd read a lot about this place and absolutely wanted to visit it; unfortunately, it was closed when I went to Colonia this July but I went there last year (August 2013) with friends and everyone loved it. Went for the hot chocolate with vanilla and a desert (the pear tart is lovely and the lemon-chocolate one, to die for). If the weather allows, sit outside and watch the sun set by the Plata River.

1  Thank Onululu

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Thanks for tripadvisor and all the good review about this place. I'm so happy I went this afternoon.
stylish retro furnitures with nice music with perfect low volume.
The best feature is view and sun light from window. Of course food was very very tasty. Sopa was amazing it came with nice bread which is hard to find nice bread in South America. I felt like I was in Paris. Best choice if you are looking for quiet and peaceful afternoon.

2  Thank Akio123
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Lentas Maravillas was the highlight of our day in Colonia. After taking the ferry over from Buenos Aires, and running around from museum to museum, it was a pleasure to relax in Lentas' beautiful garden (featuring a view of the harbor) with tea and tasty pastries. The ladies who run the place are gracious and helpful.

We highly recommend this undiscovered gem!

1  Thank DLee13
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Great coffee, great food, a warm and friendly place. I come here every time I'm in Colonia, wouldn't miss it!

1  Thank J S
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

This was a great spot to grab a bite to eat. The views from the garden looking out to the river is stunning... You can get a better spot than this to watch the sun set. The service though was painfully slow and unresponsive. Maybe we were unlucky.... Maybe not. The price you have to pay is pretty expensive but I guess if the service was better then it would have been ok.

Worth a visit for the views alone