“Great food and atmospher”
Review of Meson de la Plaza

Meson de la Plaza
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We had lunch here and really liked this restaurant. There was live music, the food service was great and the food was very good and healthy. We were looking for a break from the typical heavy meat Argentinian diet.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Very pleasant colonial type atmosphere - very pretty. The service was a little slow but then we were not in a hurry. The food was good without being exceptional and the wine list more than adequate.
One of the few restaurants in town which looks enticing

Reviewed 6 March 2014

When we,.....with other words, my girlfriend and I, spend a day or more in "Colonia", we are always going to the restaurant "Meson De La Plaza".
Its a very good restaurant, well located, with a nice garden in the back, and the food is always good. Its not the best food I ever ate, but its good and well made,.....but it takes sometimes too long till the food is coming.
They have this good guitar-player who's singing well, its always nice and romantic eating a very good "pollo con sesamo y papas espanola" ( like you say it in spanish) and listening to his music.
Or you can relax in the garden, drinking a good glass of wine and watching the birds, because the atmosphere of the restaurant is nice and its location (in the old town) too,.....today, the old town is protected by UNESCO, its amazing to walk through this old streets (a relict of the times of spain and portugal) of "Colonia del Sacramento".
Try the fish in orange-sauce with potatoes,.....I promise you will not be disappointed. The wine is too expensive, but the wine is also too expensive in "Montevideo",.....well, its "Uruguay" and not "Argentina".
My girlfriend and I are quiet often in "Colonia",.....we tried a lot of different restaurants, but
"Mesan de la Plaza" is the restaurant I would recommend if you spend a day or a couple of days in "Colonia".

I hope my review was helpful, enjoy your vacation,

E.K.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Due to heavy downpours we had a couple of hours to kill before exploring the city and we choose this restaurant for an early lunch. The food was different and very good and they also had live music. Service was also good. Would definitely eat here again

Reviewed 23 January 2014

The food was normal, average, I expect more of these place but it wasnt bad or anything, the service was ´really good, that was the best of this retaurant.