“A great day in peaceful Colonia”

Borravino Wine Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Borravino, boutique wine experiences in Argentina and Uruguay. Proud South Americans, we have crafted wine tours through Mendoza and little known Uruguay where you can experience our culture, character and history.
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Getting away from pollution and noise from Buenos Aires we decided to take the ferry for a day to Colonia. Claudio did a great job showing us around the area creating a schedule which suits our needs. He is very friendly with great knowledge, perfect English and always striving to create a perfect day for us.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

we've spent an incredible beautiful day - friendliness, cooperativeness, organisation, selection of places... everything lived up perfectly well to our expectations!! thank you for showing us a part of uruguay in such a nice way!!

Reviewed 7 February 2013

We could not have asked for more from our day in Colonia. Claudio is a great guide, his English is excellent and he took us on a very interesting tour. His suggestion of wine and jam tasting - including a stroll through the Guinness World Record holding collections - was spot on. We loved relaxing at the beach and the casual lunch there. One of my highlights would be that lovely little church. He worked with us to make our day very special - and I cannot thank him enough. He made sure we saw everything possible and got us back to the port in time for our ferry. Thanks so much for a wonderful introduction to Colonia and Uruguay! You're the best Claudio.

Claudio PP P, Owner at Borravino Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Hi Sheryl, thank you for your nice review!
I also spent a wonderful day with the three of you.
Actually, when I meet some nice people like you, I don’t consider it as working, instead is like spending a day with some good old friends.
I hope to see you again!

Regards from Uruguay,

Claudio

Reviewed 6 January 2013

My girlfriend and I did the "Wine Road" ( wine tasting tour in Colonia & Carmelo).

Let me begin by saying that it would be extremely difficult to find a nicer host than Claudio. He was not only friendly, but very accommodating and spoke excellent English. We had a couple of special needs on our tour and Claudio was more than happy to help us out, even driving out of the way for us. In addition, he was happy to essentially extend the day as late as we would have liked: We were done (and exhausted) by 5.30pm or so, but he was ready & willing to take us to the beach. A very nice guy and a good host.

The tour itself was good. We went to three wineries and in each we were given at least a small tour of the winery. The first two wineries were the best: We had great "guides" at each, both of which gave us several wines to taste as well as bread & cheese. We had a good experience at the third as well, but were only given one wine to taste, which we thought was a little bit strange for what was technically a wine tasting.

The other thing to be aware of and maybe make sure of ahead of time is lunch: We were told that one of the wineries provided lunch, but there was only cheese and bread provided (both at the first two wineries). It was a long day and we would have prepared differently had we known there wasn't a real lunch.

Overall: Great host, great wines, OK value.

Claudio PP P, Owner at Borravino Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2013

Thank you for your kind words, it was great to accompany you and to share the "Wine road" tour. We have reviewed our description of the tour because, thanks to your comment, we realized it was not correct to call "Lunch" to the very complete snack it is offered when tasting the wines. It is true that some travelers will find they do not need to go to a restaurant after eating what the wineries offer, but this might not be the case for everybody and to call it a "lunch" can be misleading. We are now promoting the tour with an optional Lunch stop with different options of local restaurants. We will not repeat this mistake in the future and we thank you for the constructive critic. We strive to deliver a better service every day. I hope to see you again soon in Uruguay!

Claudio

Reviewed 5 December 2012

In April, my wife & I toured with Diego and then my sister & I took his tour again in October. Both times were great & we learned a lot about the Colonia area from Diego!