Unique Luxury Colony Hotel
Sheraton Colonia Golf & Spa Resort(Colonia del Sacramento)
US$205
US$167
  • Pool
Radisson Colonia del Sacramento Hotel(Colonia del Sacramento)
US$135
Hotel Posada del Virrey(Colonia del Sacramento)(Great Value!)
US$72
  • Breakfast included
Costa Colonia Riverside Boutique Hotel(Colonia del Sacramento)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$76
Posada del Angel(Colonia del Sacramento)(Great Value!)
US$85
  • Breakfast included
Charco Hotel(Colonia del Sacramento)
US$179
  • Breakfast included
Posada de la Flor(Colonia del Sacramento)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$59
  • Breakfast included
Don Antonio Posada(Colonia del Sacramento)(Great Value!)
US$78
  • Pool
El Mirador Hotel and Spa(Colonia del Sacramento)
US$147
US$126
Ayres Hotel(Colonia del Sacramento)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 February 2012

The hotel itself is fine. Good spa with two pools and gym across the street. Located out of town so you will need to take a taxi into the old city or walk a few kilometers along a nice riverside path. Supposedly there is a shuttle twice a day, but don't count on it. The problem as mentioned in other reviews is the staff. The staff is not only unfriendly. They are haughty and make you feel very unwelcome. it is a shame, because the other Uruguayans are extremely nice and helpful. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sulaOhio
Reviewed 13 January 2012

We got a pretty good deal for 6 nights (w/ breakfast, lunch and dinner), even with 10 treatments (massage, exfoliation, etc.) included. First problem was payment, when we had to go pay cash at their agency -nowhere near my house- and they wouldn't even take credit card or a bank transfer. After getting through that ordeal, we had to email back and forth with them many times to set the the time of the boat to Colonia, and the vouchers they sent to us were wrong, but they tried to calm us saying that it showed alright in their system, so nothing to worry about.
Once we got in, we decided to book our treatments to find out that it was just 1 massage and 9 other treatments, which you could exchange 2x1 for a massage. After some discussion we accepted that, and decided to enjoy our week of relaxation. For the record, masseuses are great, specially a guy called Líder.
So much for typing, let me bullet point the pros and cons to be more specific:

Pros:
- Good food and service at the restaurant (they are very flexible with the menus and dishes are abundant). However, they have a reduced number of dishes that can get boring by the end of the week. Also, they have no idea about what's included in your deal, so they invent on the go, good thing they're flexible.
- Restaurant personnel is very courteous and serviceable.
- Therapists at the Spa are nice (although we had some issues with the booking of them as I mentioned above).
- They do have activities all day (jogging, aquagym, etc). However, if there's not enough quorum they won't do it (too bad, everyone pays for this, even if it means giving a class for just one guest).

Cons:
- Everything looks and feels dirty, spiderwebs everywhere.
- Flies seem to have a long term booking at this hotel too.
- Unhelpful front desk staff (never had change to give us to tip the waiters, unable to offer us any kind of touristic information, and bad manners in general).
- Internet was dodgy in the bedrooms area, always had to go to the lobby.
- Pool was constantly dirty with bugs and oil, even guests stood up to clean it themselves.
- Forget about getting an umbrella for the sun, they're all broken (when they're not trying to kill someone while being blown away by the wind). Towels? They've been in use for the last 10 years at the very least...
- Bathrooms: terrible (and I mean terrible) showers, worst toiletries ever and bring your own toilet paper.
- They probably have one or two CDs that loop play all week long until it drives you crazy.

Don't get me wrong, it is just an ok 3 star hotel+spa, but nowhere near 5 stars as they try to sell it.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nusenovich
Reviewed 25 November 2011

Where to start?I found a great package deal with 3 night bed, breakfast and dinner, boat tickets and 6 spa treatments all for 499$us. Trying to book this took over 2 weeks, when I finally got hold of the company (6 emails, 3 voice message) I was told I had to pay cash! After asking can I not reserve it with credit card (I had to ask!!) I was finally told I can reserve the rooms with a card but would still have to go to the city centre and pay in cash before they could book the boat! When I got there to pay I asked to pay in pesos as I was unable to get dollars out in Argentina, the exchange rate the offered me was costing nearly another us$20! Finally I managed to pay and my tickets that I had asked for were sent to me. As luck would have it I checked the tickets the night before where I saw they had booked a 7:30am boat rather than the 12:30, at no stage did they call/email or check that I had seen the change of time, all they were concerned in was getting the money, after that nothing was of interest.
We arrived at the hotel 3 hours before check in and we told just to wait, not offered a drink or given any information of anything that we could do while we sat in the hallway waiting, they even said we had to ask them when the room was ready that they wouldn't come to us. In short, not to turn this into an essay, the pros and cons.

PROS:
comfortable beds
Great male masseur (if you can cope with a male)
Good food
Activities all day (we did the pilates and aqua aerobics - included in price)

CONS:
unpleasant staff,
Blocked toilets (no apologies given, just a man sent with a plunger!!)
Unlock able bedroom doors (key was then changed for one room but a bit of oil sprayed in the other)
Unhelpful spa staff (not shown around the spa or treatments explained - no one spoke English)
Terrible shower
No information anywhere on local sites or the hotel in the hotel
Pool full of bugs and generally un clean
Spa 'jacuzzi' dirty with old oil or some such stuff floating in it.
Dirty, gritty old towels
Sandpaper for toilet paper.

The list goes on.. In short it was a good deal but don't expect a 5star hotel, its more or a poor 3star.
Not sure I would return in a hurry unless they improve their customer services.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank siofoodie
Reviewed 29 October 2011

I stayed in this hotel in a short business trip for one night and had the worst experience ever! Staff was uncorteus and rude, they didn´t make the smallest effort to help guests at all. The hotel decoration is terrible and there is no maintenance at all! Everything is old, dirty, and it stinks. The room was dirty, towels had been in use for more than 10 years, with stains all over, bath amenities are the worse ever. Rooms almost have no windows, and there are terrible smells all around the hotel. Additionally a concert of doves on the roof started at 5:30 am so it´s also impossible to sleep! Really unbelievable for a hotel that is supossed to be a 5-star.
Avoid this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Nice hotel, the facilities are very good. restaurant very nice, swimming pool lovely and the jacuzzis were fun and offer a nice view. We got the bigger room which was great, spacious, nice decoration (as well as the whole hotel) room and bathroom very clean and jacuzzi in the bathroom and we had a balcony with chair outside which we enjoyed an amazing sunset over the river plate. The location is not that great as it isnt much central, but not too far from city centre, so I would recommend this hotel only for who is with a car.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple