“Tasty beer and nice food ”
Review of Barbot - Brew Pub

Barbot - Brew Pub
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican, Pizza, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The first microbrewery of Colonia del Sacramento. We serve more than 15 different styles of premium quality beer, all made in our own brewery with carefully selected products and following antique brewing recipes. Original Author's Cuisine, Special Sandwiches, Craft Burgers, Traditional Uruguayan Chivitos, Wood Oven Pizzas, Vegetarian Food, Homemade Desserts.
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We hadn't had much good beer in Uruguay so were very happy about the beer here. The chivitos and the pizza was very tasty. Our only complaint would be that you can't pay by credit card which is very surprising for a town that is so tourist centric.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

My friend and I visited here in March 2014 and were pleasantly surprised to see they had decent tex mex or about 270 Uruguayan pesos. We also enjoyed the beer, although neither of us are real beer connoisseurs.

There was nothing extraordinary about this place, but I definitely recommend going if you're looking for a reasonably priced meal.

Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

What a great find. We have been here three times today. Superb range of craft beers and very friendly owners and staff. Best at night after 9.30pm when the place fills up.

2  Thank Martin C
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

I had the chance to visit this brewpub, which is the 1st of Colonia del Sacramento. I ordered an IPA that was very well done and had an interesting free side... Popcorn. The building and its archtecture follow the same style of the city, which atracts a lot of people including me! If i ever come back to Colonia, I will visit Barbot and try as many local beers i can.....Prost!!!

Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Try the IPA and Bitters. Really good quality, best I had in South America. The ambience is good with indoor and outdoor seating.