“Special and homey posada. ”
Review of Don Antonio Posada

Don Antonio Posada
Hong Kong, China
“Special and homey posada. ”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights, the room is clean and comfortable! The shower water pressure is fantastic! Although the walls are too thin, hard to sleep at night if you go to bed early as you can hear your neighbors talking. The breakfast is ok, the coffee is good, but should add some hot selections, such as eggs.

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I spent two nights here with my mother - it was her 65th birthday. We had a large room with one queen bed and one single bed. The bathroom was large, modern and spotless. The room was tastefully decorated with views overlooking the courtyard pool area. Included in the price was a delicious, filling buffet breakfast which was served in a lovely front room. The setting of this hotel is great - on a tree-lined street. The building is well maintained and has been restored beautifully. The front desk staff was exceptionally friendly and always welcomed us with a big smile. This is a great value - and Colonia del Sacramento is truly a magical place.

Room Tip: Try for a second floor room overlooking the courtyard/pool area.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank backpacker31
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

First impressions are important. Sadly the receptionist on duty most of my stay was particularly unpleasant. Smiling and being friendly was not on her agenda. The other staff were very nice though, and the owner (?) Was very helpful.
The room was nicely prepared but I was surprised to see a completely bare duvet sitting on top of the bed. What was annoying was the sounds of the plumbing coming from the walls. It was REALLY loud.
Breakfast was ok.
Overall the pousada was nice, but there is plenty of room for improvement. And please fire that grumpy woman at reception. She's doing you no favours.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank A380fan
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Delicious place! We got the deluxe room! big and quiet room. The shower is delicious, strong and hot! Breakfast is delicious! It's near everything! I want to go back as soon as possible! I forgot my jacket there and they are doing everything to help me get it back! Lovely staff.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Isabel G
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed here for two nights. The hotel is right at the edge of the old town and a short walk from the ferry and bus stations. We had a lovely corner room. The hotel also has a couple of cosy lounge areas and a small pool. We were delighted with every aspect of this posada. The staff from reception to cleaners were friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kumicoul
Petaluma, California
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband and I stayed 3 nights in this lovely Posada in the charming town of La Colonia. This property was such a welcome respite from the noise and tiny accommodation we had in Montevideo! I finally enjoyed great sleep, super comfy bed, large, tastefully decorated room, and very elegant and bountiful breakfast. Cecile, the very attractive and charming owner, speaks great English, and was quite helpful in her suggestions about Uruguay in general, and the town of Colonia. My husband had originally booked one night, but we quickly realized we needed at least 2, and then it stretched to 3! They got quite busy over the weekend, but it was clear that they would make every effort to keep us in the same room. There are a couple of very comfortable sitting rooms, WiFi, as well as public computers, and a large breakfast room. There is a very small pool on the property, though it was definitely not pool weather, but the deck area is also quite attractive. Although other properties around town look quite nice from the exterior, I am sold on Don Antonio, and the next time we go back, this is definitely where we will stay. Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank windgoddess_sf
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My mom and me stayed here for our first night in Uruguay. After surviving what can only be described as a "rough and tumble" ferry ride on the Colonia Express from BA, it was refreshing to see we had made a great decision on accomodation. This place is the real deal, the decor and rooms make you feel like you're at some beautiful latin country villa. The staff were super helpful, and very nice (even with my limited spanish). The pool area was beautiful, and to be honest, I couldn't get enough of the gorgeous wood staircase. Their breakfast in the morning was fantastic, and the room was beautiful. It's a pretty awesome location too. I can't really say anything negative about this spot. I wasn't feeling great after the ferry, and this hotel totally lifted my spirits. Definatley a great start to our Uruguayan adventure!

Room Tip: Top floor seems to be a bit quieter, and you get a better view from the balcony.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family