“A little gem of a find”
Review of Alpen Haus

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amenia
Alpen Haus
Ranked #3 of 4 Amenia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 August 2008

I'm a little hesitant to put the word out about this wonderful little B&B only because the next time I'm in the area, I'm worried Rosmary will have her few rooms rented. I liked the Alpen Haus because it was not a typical B&B -- you know, those overpriced, crowded, creaky houses that make you sneeze and they haven't changed the mattress since Jefferson slept there. If you like the historical, antiquey, on the restaurant row-type of B&B, you might not like it here, but we loved that Alpen Haus was nearly new, clean and just basic and easy. The rooms are affordable and comfortable - each has its own bathroom. They are carpeted. We stayed in room 3, ($145/night) which I think is the smallest room, but it was plenty big for two adults and the bed was more comfortable than the last B&B we visited. The bathroom is really big.

The house is in a residental neighborhood in Amenia, which is a little sleepier than other Hudson Valley towns. We liked that - the neighborhood has a lot of horse farms and friendly people.. It's very quiet and the view from the back of the house is beautiful - it would a nice place to see the fall leaves change color. There is a small dog who runs the place but he's pretty cool.
I know the Inn is for sale...I hope the next owners will run it as well as Rosemary has. I felt like I was staying in my grandmother's house...the breakfast was yummy (homemade bread) and did I say I heart Rosemary?

• Stayed: August 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
5  Thank Sweetmelon

Been to Alpen Haus? Share your experiences!