“Bold Flavors”

Dining options: Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Bold Flavors”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Love the middle eastern flavors at Severan. Creative menu, a great choice for foodies. Very nice atmosphere, and friendly staff.

Visited July 2013

Sharon, Connecticut
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

All around great experience. I've visited this place numerous times, the staff is always warm and inviting. The food, unlike any other restaurant I've visited and absolutely extraordinary. Serevan stands out as one of my all time favorite places to dine. So many other "nice" restaurants seem to replicate each others menu, but the flavors here are unique. The masterful chef always has great specials prepared, the attention to detail and careful use of ingredients is what keeps me coming back.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Tom G
Wilton, Connecticut
“Salty, improperly cooked with poor service”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I went to Severan on Saturday which was almost empty at 5:30. With only two other couples, it was slow service from the beginning. My wife had the Provincetown mussels which were purported to be bigger than the regular muscles on the menu hence the additional $5 charge. I had the special - beef stew ($30). Unfortunately I failed to ask the prices as most restaurants we go to automatically provide that information but we were on a trip to visit gardens in Copek and let our guard down. The starter we shared was good but a little skimpy for the $15 price. The mussels were average size and the broth very salty but sharing this, we persevered. Then on to the beef stew. More like beef tips in gravy. The meet was tough and so salty we drank a lot of water along with the bottle of wine we ordered. I expected the meet to be tender and I thought undercooked for a stew - brown and tough. After the bill arrived we waited 10 minutes to pay the check. I finally took the check in to the bar. I was told they were overwhelmed by the 7:00 PM crowd. Saturday night, crowd - what a surprise! The other couple in the patio were still waiting to pay their bill when we left.

As to the service, once the dishes were delivered to us on the patio, we were never disturbed by a waiter or waitress pestering us to see if everything was all right or if we needed anything. We contented ourselves with a $130 bill for a meal that was less than mediocre. Thank heavens we ordered a nice bottle of wine.

I can only assume that there must not be any good restaurants in the area because of the high ratings other diners have given.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Dean K
Hong Kong, China
“Extraordinary”
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

This was an amazing food experience! The fantastic layering and textures of the ingredients was masterful. Expect out of the ordinary and you will find it. Don't come if you are expecting standard dishes. The restaurant was warm and cozy on a cold night and the service friendly and helpful. The kitchen is small so punctuality is appreciated and important to the service flow. Serge Madikans, the chef/patron is a genius. Go and enjoy!

Visited January 2014
Wilton, Connecticut
“Great Meal after a day of Skiing”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We were directed to Serevan by friends and it was a great recommendation. Service was welcoming and attentive. Ambiance was warm and comfortable. The food was great. I had the beef stew special which was delicious. My wife and son enjoyed the duck and my daughter liked the spaetzle. I would definitely return.

• Visited December 2013