“Weekend in the mountains”

Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Amenia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Our last weekend trip of the summer brought us to a BMW event at Lyme Rock, CT. We stayed for 2 nights in this most charming and comfortable B&B.... beautiful surroundings in the quaint little town of Amenia, New York. Lovely rooms, awesome big front porch. Thank you Sandy your delicious breakfasts and for making our stay relaxing and enjoyable.

Room Tip: Queen Room is lovely
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Larrilyn B

Reviewed 2 August 2012

My sister and I took a family trip to Amenia and how lucky we were to stay at the Hilltop House. After climbing up the big hill,we were so excited to see a gorgeous home with a big porch. Our room was beautifully decorated..our hosts so friendly. I wish we had more than one night..the house was so relaxing..the porch inviting and a sumptuous breakfast made our stay complete!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank NoankStarr
HilltopHouseAmenia, Owner at Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2012

Thank you so much for the nice review! We love it when our guests leave happy!

Reviewed 14 May 2012

I just spent an evening at The Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast. I stayed in the Rose Room. I loved it. I am not fond of staying in many hotels and haven't stayed in a true Bed and Breakfast since I was a child in England, but I could stay here any time without hesitation or complaint.This was by far the best place I have stayed. I was so pleased and comfortable. I had everything I could possibly need and want...plus more. I was overwhelmed by the beauty, the details and simply marveled at the absolute cleanliness. I must say that the delicious pancakes with lemon zest topped with local maple syrup was divine. I was on the trip for business but felt like I was on vacation. I have already talked to my husband about going back JUST to stay at the B&B. - Thank you Sandy for allowing me to feel so at home in your beautiful home.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Karin H
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Just a one night stay for my wife and I. Wanted to take the bed home with us, it was that comfortable. Sandy and West were friendly and easy to talk to. We were in the area visiting and were somewhat familiar with what was around, but I have no doubt if we were not that good advice on what to see and do would be available.
We had a large bathroom with a nice shower and sink. The house is remarkable with the wide beam ceiling and wood covered walls on the first floor. Huge fireplace, comfortable seating and wide screen in the living room/reception area. Wi-fi worked great. Dining room with nice built-ins and pocket door. Also a big wrap around deck which can also be used for breakfast (a bit cool for that when we were there). Breakfast was great. Pancakes with a hint of lemon, homemade apple syrup, local sourced maple syrup and sausage, coffee, juice, eggs if you want them, fresh fruit (the pineapple and oranges were really good...everything was, for that matter!). Didn't leave hungry! Able to relax for a bit after breakfast before leaving. Not rushed...Loved the candy as well!!
We were made welcome here. The most relaxing stay we have had anywhere in quite some time. The only thing which would have made it better would be staying two nights instead of one. Thanks Sandy and West ! You made our visit so much better.

Room Tip: Some rooms are en suite, some are not. If this is important for you be advised. Do not hesitate to a...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank cnypete3
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Hilltop House is a terrific B+B choice for visitors to the Hudson Valley region. The pretty 1909 shingle style house has been lovingly restored and offers comfortably furnished and impeccably maintained guest rooms. Sandy is a friendly host and accomplished baker who turns out great breakfasts to order. Her rhubarb compote is outstanding. My wife and I spent four enjoyable nights there and will happily return.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Allesistschon
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Having a son who attends one of the local boarding schools, we have stayed many times at this wonderful B&B run by Sandy and West. Sandy always makes a delicious breakfast and is the perfect hostess, personable and discreet.

The rooms are exceptionally clean and comfortable, and the general atmosphere is homey, tranquil, and inviting. We recommend the Hilltop House without any reservations! We last stayed in June, 2011 and are now booked to stay on May 1, 2012.

Room Tip: The Rose Room has an ensuite bathroom. The George Washington is the largest room, and can accommodat...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank elizabeth s
Reviewed 19 February 2012

My colleague and I had a relaxing stay at this down to earth, friendly bed and breakfast. Sandy made us feel very welcome and at ease. The rooms were nicely furnished and the beds were super comfortable. The bathroom down the hall was private and practically in the room so it was fine, and the bathroom in our other room was especially spacious. Breakfast was great! We highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amenia
BW Premier Collection The Litchfield Inn
#4 of 4 in Millbrook
The Amselhaus
The Amselhaus
#1 of 1 in Cornwall Bridge

Been to Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!