“Clean, helpful and good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of An Hoi Hotel

An Hoi Hotel
Ranked #107 of 142 Hotels in Hoi An
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Clean, helpful and good location”
Reviewed 18 August 2012

No construction going on for our stay on 18th August. We turned up and only just got a room, people after us were turned away. We had a door/window balcony combination and paid US$25 per night. Cheap enough, and good value as the rooms were clean and tidy, complete with air con, fan and TV. Nice pool to cool down especially as temperature at the moment is over 32 degrees !! The guy in reception was helpful and spoke very good english.
We turned up off the overnight bus from Nha Trang, and with an hour of arriving at the hotel, were in our hotel room, so great that we got an early check in. used the laundry facility-usual US$1 per kilo.
Location was great. 2 mins to the main area via the bridge you'll see to the right of the hotel. Plenty of bars and restaurants within the same distance.
Overall, good value for money, great location and clean place.

Room Tip: We stayed in 302 if that helps!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Greensboro, NC
Reviewed 14 August 2012 via mobile

At first An Hoi seemed lovely, it is on a nice spot near the river and it seems clean and well kept. When I was shown my room I decided I didn't want to stay there however because there was construction going on just outside my window. I told the man this and he said the construction was going to be finished that afternoon. I asked if he was sure, because I didn't want to stay there if construction might be a problem. He said he was sure construction would finish that afternoon, so I booked in. Early the next morning of course I woke to jackhammers outside my window. When I went to reception they said they would talk to them, did, and the noise stopped for 2 minutes. And then started back up, so I went to reception again and told someone else, and said that if it didn't stop that I would have to check out without paying and go to another hotel. She went and talked to them but the noise didn't stop, so I wearily packed my things and went to check out. She kept insisting that this wasn't their fault because it was their neighbors doing the construction. Of course that is true but the problem is that they lied to me to get me to stay there even though they knew I was adamant that I wouldnt stay if the construction continued. She continued to say it's not the hotels fault but employees that lie and deceive with blatant disregard for their guests is absolutely the hotels fault. The experience of her yelling at me and having to leave in such a way ruined the whole hotel stay.

• Stayed August 2012

Travellers are raving about these Hoi An hotels

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We paid $20 for a standard double room for one night and it was pretty good for the price. Not as good amenities as other hotels we stayed at in Hoi An, but all the things you need (aircon, tv, basic shower, comfy bed, fridge etc.). Only con about the room we stayed in would be that the window was tiny (hardly a window), but I guess for $20 you can't really complain. Staff were really friendly and keen to help with anything we asked (they all spoke very good english) and the location is perfect (about 2 minutes from the centre of Old Hoi An).

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 20 July 2012 via mobile

We liked this place! Ok so there was a few problems - there was really loud construction going on next door which put a bit of a damper on things but once we said it was a problem they moved us to another room straight away. The staff were nice and helpful and it is a great location! The shower was a bit weird as it faced outwards onto the floor but hey how much time do you spend in the shower. We ended up staying 9 nights and the owner gifted us a Hoi An tshirt to say thank you which I thought was sweet!

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Brighton, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We've read the reviews of An Hoi before so we were aware that there might have a staff problem in this place and our stay there in June 2012 just confirms it.
Although we read the reviews before, we've decided to move to this place because it has a very convenient location and afordable prices. And that's the case.
The first impresion were quite bad as they were supposed to pick us up at 10am in our previous hotel (away from the old town). Even if we could arrange our own transport, they insisted so we said yes. In the end, despite the several phone calls our previous hotel made to them (and all the time they said they were coming), no one came. We've waited for more than a 1hour at the reception.
When we arrived, the lady told us there was no room for $18 but the day before, there was one... When we showed her the room that we've seen, she said "oh yes, that one... ok it's $18". That didn't seem honest to me.
Another anoying point, among others, is that they switch off the air con when they think you're not in the room. And when they see you coming back they quiclky and discretly turns it on again so you can't see anything...
In the end, you really have the impression to be treated as a stupid tourist in this place.
That's a shame cause the hotel itself is very good.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Paris
Reviewed 15 May 2012

The hotel is located near the river. It was very easy to walk to the old town. Great! The air con works well. The laundry service of the hotel is not so expensive. Kind staff. They can give you some information about the city.

There was no shower curtain and bath mat in our room. The internet wifi signal did not work well in our room.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank azidim
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Pros:
- great location, you can walk anywhere in Hoi An from there and still the room was very quiet
- my room on the 2nd floor was nice, quite spacious and clean (however, they offer some dark and windowless rooms on the ground floor at the same price - these ones did not look inviting at all)
Cons:
- breakfast wasn't good
- staff was often quite unfriendly
- reception staff told me a wrong price (18 $ for a single room); I realised a bit later that the official price (singposted at the reception desk) was 300.000 Dong which is 15 $, but they insisted on paying the price they told me in advance
- whenever I passed reception they tried to sell me a tour or a taxi ride or whatever, even if I was hurrying past reception they stopped me and tried to sell me some services - almost every single time!
- they were not honest: quite often they tried to sell me a taxi ride (by their own car) to Danang Airport for 400.000-500.000 Dong; when I told them I wanted to take a motorbike instead (cost up to 150.000), they answered there were no mototaxis in Hoi An so I needed to take their car. This was a clear lie, of course there are mototaxis and I got a ride with the "Easy Riders" for 150.000 Dong.
Despite this behaviour of the staff, I liked the clean, bright and quiet room and the location, so I can still recommend the place. But have a look at the room first before you take it! And check the real prices at the reception signpost first before you agree on a price.

Room Tip: not on the ground floor check the room first and compare
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo