“Wonderful stay in Hoi An”
Review of Hoang Trinh Hotel

Hoang Trinh Hotel
Ranked #24 of 264 Hoi An B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful stay in Hoi An”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed at Hoang Trinh Hotel for five nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff were very diligent, friendly and helpful and gave us treats (mango juice and fresh pineapple to name a couple!) every afternoon when we came back to the hotel. The breakfasts are enormous, ranging from fresh fruit, pastries, fried rice, pancakes and more - all of which is excellent and included in the price of the room so brilliant value. The staff also organised our trip to My Son that was very good value and helped us to book our train tickets to Nha Trang. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 4 March 2014

It may be said too often that a place is "the best hotel in Vietnam" but stay here and you will find why Hoang Trinh Hotel in Hoi An is so good. Read the endless good reviews and you will;be impressed. And the room, service, and food are as good as a place in the USA costing 5 to 10 times more. I cannot reccommend it any higher..

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janice D
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed at Hoang Trinh Hotel for 1 night and I wish I had spend more time in Hoi An. The stay at Hoang Trinh made my trip to Hoi An more memorable. I've reached the hotel 1 hour before the check in timing and was served tea with some light bites. The staff was friendly to share with me helpful tips on local sights and book a 1 day tour to My Son.

Initially I was quite skeptical about getting a room on the first floor right next to the reception area (room 105) but it was quiet through the night and morning.

For the price paid for the stay, the room was spacious and clean. Breakfast was a surprise! I was served a plate of tropical fruits, pastries, baguette, fried noodles and was able to order another main course (omelette though a tad oily to my liking)!

My only gripe during the stay was that there were no hot water for shower and I was too exhausted from exploring the town earlier to get some help.

Would definitely return to Hoang Trinh if I were to make a second trip to Hoi An!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I can only reiterate what has already been said, this place is amazing with wonderful, efficient, helpful staff who answered any queries I had, made helpful suggestions of where to go and what to do, booked the My Son tour for me, as well as my onward train ticket to Ninh Binh. The rooms were cosy, very clean and well equipped with TV, fridge, complimentary tea and coffee, and toiletries, and a hair dryer. The breakfast was amazing with so much choice and the added bonus of having it whenever you were up, no time restrictions. The small extras I received, both on arrival, and every time I returned back to the hotel, were a very nice touch and much appreciated, as too was the small gift I received when leaving, and the free bottle of water 'for your long journey', so thoughtful. It's in a great location too. I was only booked to stay 3 nights originally but due to absolutely loving Hoi An, a favourite of all my travel destinations so far, and the fantastic hospitality of this hotel and the staff, I extended my stay to 5 nights. Loved it here and definitely recommend it to others. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 February 2014

What a lovely place. From getting picked up at the airport in Danang (you can arrange this prior and is $16 USD) to the arrival tea and biscuits, everything was just lovely. The service was a very high standard - always being greeted in the morning and afternoons with a smile and in the afternoons a treat. We had mango smoothie and fruit platters. This little extra was not only unexpected but very yummy too. The breakfast was also pretty good. Lots of different things to choose from too. Would highly recommend this guest house

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I cannot talk highly enough about this hotel! Upon our arrival we were asked to take a seat and enjoy some tea and fruit. When entering our room we had swans made out of towels in the shape of a love heart. Everyday we came home to some treat.. passionfruit juice, smoothies, a whole banquet of spring rolls, rice, satay sticks…! The staff were always willing to help and booked our cooking school (with Grandma's cooking school - also awesome), and even our flights to HCMC. The breakfast is out of this world and goes later than other places on our trip. When we unfortunately had to leave Hoi An, we checked out and were given a gift. So nice! The only thing I would say is heads up, don't hire the bikes from the lady next door. They are noisy and very old! If I ever go back, I will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Ecuador
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I wish the world (not just Vietnam) were filled with hotels like this. They had comfortable large rooms, HUGE (and good) breakfasts & treats (like smoothies) to greet you at the end of the day. One night, they were saying goodbye to some long term guests and invited ALL the guests to join in a very good complementary dinner. The staff was very helpful. Thuy (our favorite staff member) drew a a map of how to get to My Son that we couldn't have done without. For one fellow guest, she served as a travel agent (without personal gain), calling and reserving all the necessary tickets for them. Really, the staff makes the whole stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple