“Good place”

Hoang Trinh Hotel
Ranked #23 of 270 Hoi An B&B and Inns
“Good place”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

The room was clean with big bed. Great shower. The hotel is in great location. The breakfast was good too. The service was delightful but be careful and don't book bus from there! I asked to book bus to hanoi. The price was 750,000! Then I told her that it is too expensive so she said 650,000 and then 550,000. Later I booked through travel agency in 350,000

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Ko Samui, Thailand
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

On arrival you get tea and cake amazing! The staff are great, map on arrival and lots of info. 5 minutes walk to the old town. They also do food which was really yummy, I had pho which was probably one of the best I've had in Vietnam. The rooms were a really good size, and bathroom even had a bath, could maybe do with a shower curtain though. The wifi didn't work in the rooms but they had computers downstairs although these were very slow. Breakfast was amazing on the terrace. The staff definatly made this place especially the friendly handy man :)

• Stayed May 2014
North Bay, ON, CANADA
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

If you need a break from backpacker spots this hotel is a great respite. The service I had was excellent and the room was immaculate. The breakfast was delicious and you can eat overlooking a gorgeous temple with a stupha across the road. Admittedly the place is geared to couples but suits solo travellers nicely also. Large air con room two beds with heated shower and tub for $17 /night, $21 / nigt.ht w. breakfast. I would return and reccommend.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jonny s
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I would think this is a great place to stay during the cooler months. Hotel is quaint, clean with great friendly and good service staff. Breakfast is huge with quite a fair bit of options. Ideal location. It is located next to Confucius Temple and is about 15mins walk to the start of the old town walking street and probably about 1.5 - 2km to market, central food hall and also very near to Ban Mi Phuong (famous Phuong's Sandwich made famous by Anthony Boudain in one of his travel and food series)

We were unfortunate to arrived there in the heat of Summer. The only complaint I have was the aircondition in our room were hardly working. One would need to turn on the aircondition and fan, shower and lay still on the bed for half an hour before feeling cool enough for sleeping.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank hweeze
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed 3 nights at Hoang Trinh and were really looking forward to it after all the fantastic reviews, however we were left slightly disappointed.

Our room was on the ground floor next to reception and got quite noisy early in the morning. There was a window that looked out onto a brick wall about 10 inches away so really no window. It wouldn't have been too bad but the main lighting in the room was a fluorescent strip which was very harsh. The WiFi pretty much never worked in the room and only sometimes in the lobby. These aren't major issues if you know what to expect beforehand.

The breakfast was ok, fruit and pastries before your order and the staff seemed nice. Also a good location for the old town, but I think for the price you could probably get better value in Hoi An.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carriemybags
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

The rooms are spacious and very well maintained, with detailed attention to the decor.
Breakfast was huge. I filled in just from the fruit, and there are also pastries, before getting to the actual breakfast...

But mainly, the staff was very welcoming and helpful. Miss An keeps making you feel at home.

Just one note - Wi-Fi signal was very weak inside the rooms. Had to go out to the lobby several times because of it. But, I thought it would bother me more, but it didn't with the great value I got for the rest. Very recommended!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Funster1978
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here last year in July on our 6 month travels through SEA. We arrived in Hoi An and decided to give this place a go as it had so many amazing reviews. Well, little did we know we had just walked into the most gracious, kind and warm establishment. The staff were so amazing that we had tears in our eyes when we had to finally leave. We ended up extending our stay by another week just because we loved staying there so much.

The food in the mornings was so awesome, so much choice and such a huge serving. The staff would often pop by and offer us delicious smoothies just for fun.

One night they even invited us to a complementary dinner with all the other guests. This night was one of the highlights of our trip as we got to bond with the owners as well as the other guests.

I can honestly say that if ever I am back in Vietnam (I really so) that this place is 100% worth the stay and you will be blown over at the kindness of the owners, not to mention the spacious rooms, great service and fabulous food.

I know this review is late, but nonetheless THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.

Room Tip: Try and get a room upstairs if you can