“You couldn't expect more for your money”
Review of Hoa Binh Hotel

Hoa Binh Hotel
Ranked #126 of 159 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed 29 October 2011

The hotel is normal,rooms frpm 10 dolars,with a great swimming pool. The hotel is well located,5 minutes from the old town. Everything is quite good except the staff. Rude staff,when you want to speak with the receptionist you always have the sense that are disturbing her. Talking(is a way to say it..)to you while eating and don't try to find any ingormationfrom her

• Stayed: October 2011
There are newer reviews for Hoa Binh Hotel

Reviewed 23 September 2011

My friend and I arrived in Hoi An without a hotel to stay. Our contact at Hoi An Motorbike Adventures recommended the Hoa Binh. The staff was very friendly and the accommodations were perfect and a great value. The location is great and they have a restaurant too. They even have a swimming pool.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2011

After checking various hotels and guesthouses, we decided to check this one out because it was $12 a night. After we checked in, we were horrified to stay the night after all the nasty reviews given. We decided to stay one night and give it a try. We ended up staying 3 nights. We had a nice large double bed on the first floor with AC, satellite tv, fridge, fan and hot water. Our room was cleaned while we were out for the day which was a plus. The internet only worked one day while we were there, but that was ok since we spent most time exploring the lovely city. My husband took a dip in the pool, although small, was a nice way to cool off. There was some noise in the morning from outside traffic but it didn't bother us as are used to travelling in Asia. The staff were friendly to us and didn't push us for tours. Note: we bought our bus tickets to Hue from a travel agency down the road located on 718A which cost 100,000 dong each. Also, i got a wedding dress made for $37 which was a great price. Just needed to go back a few times to get alterations done. If you decided to get a white coloured dress made, you may notice pink and blue chalk marks which easily come off with some soap and warm water. Had a chiffon party dress made for $23 after hard core bargainning. Was worth it though.

Room Tip: Smiling helps and being friendly to the staff.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2011

The staff are SO rude and extremely unprofessional. On our first day after we checked in we went out to get some lunch, upon returning our room had been flooded as the air conditioning was broken. When my boyfriend went down to reception to ask for somebody to come and fix it - he was handed a towel and a bucket and told to sort it out himself. I went downstairs and kicked up a fuss saying I wanted a new room or we were leaving. She offered us a room with 3 single beds as opposed to 1 double, as apparently they were otherwise full - and refused to give a discount when I asked for it. I put the key back on reception and told her we were leaving. Then she shouted after me saying "OK OK I give you another double room."

The new room was bigger, and had a double and a single bed in it. The air conditioning was pitifully slow and the bath didn't drain any water. There was a leak in the bathroom ceiling and no hot or cold water - just an in the middle luke warmish temperature that you couldn't change. There were clumps of hair under the bed and chocolate bar wrappers on the floor. When it rained the balcony outside our room flooded as the drain was blocked so water started coming into our room.

As if that wasn't enough, the lady who I had kicked up a fuss with decided to come on to my boyfriend in front of me whilst we were in the reception area.

The bus tickets we booked were extortionately expensive as well - so my advice would be to book anywhere else.

Hoi An is a beautiful place, one of our favourite places we have travelled to so far - so please please take my advice and don't stay in this place. The only good thing about it was the swimming pool!

Oh yes and the computers don't work properly. I think that's it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stephanie H
Reviewed 26 August 2011

I was intially impressed with this place, as on the surface it looked fairly well run and organised.
However, the staff are rude, to say the least. Enthusiasm is not their forteit, and you almost get the impression that you are disturbing them, whatever it is you go to approach them about. If they were trying to sell the place on their hospitality skills alone, they wouldn't get very far.

Bus tickets are over-priced here, as are the rooms. I also had some property stolen from my room, and reading that this has also happened to someone else, it's obvious this isn't a place where you can trustfully leave you things.

Avoid it! There are far nicer places around, maybe not necessarily cheaper but definitely more welcoming and trustworthy!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank 53Globetrotter2011
Reviewed 19 August 2011

The only reason we stayed here was because we'd already tried around 10 hotels and they were all full. At 25 usd for a double room this hotel is very overpriced, we were even more unhappy to learn that another couple we chatted to had paid 12 usd for their double room so we felt pretty short changed.

The price aside, the room was very clean, good location, not overly friendly staff but not rude either, would only stay again if the price was not so high.

Free WiFi and computer usage, restaurant also - OK prices but nothing special. (NB. the tuna burger is a burger bun with a can of tuna inside?!).

Room Tip: Don't get a room facing the road, very noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2011

The location, nearby the centre, is okay if you look at the price! we payed 21 dollar for three persons per night. and that's quite cheap if you look at the cleanness of these rooms compared to some other hotels here in town! I would not recommand this hotel but it's okay to stay here for a day or two!

• Stayed: August 2011