“Not Worthy of Lonely Planet”
Review of Hoa Binh Hotel

and 1 more site!
Hoa Binh Hotel
Ranked #124 of 162 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We found this through the LP.
Overall we were disappointed.

The first room was cramped and several broken objects incl light, TV remote control etc...

We got moved the next day but had to pay extra.

Pool is no good as indoor.

Shower heads are fixed and very low down.

Mainly we were dissatisfied with the poor breakfast and rude/miserable staff

Hotel is very good location and clean
Rebecca and Andrew - UK

Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I left the hotel feeling quite upset for the first time in my 4 months travelling!
I checked out at around 4pm, there are no signs anywhere or any indication of a specific check out time however I understand this is later than the norm so expected some sort of charge. When I spoke to reception to check out & pay they were really rude about the time, insisted I'd told them I wanted to stay longer threatening to get out CCTV of me booking!! I hate confrontation & was really polite & apologetic, eventually they agreed to only charge a half day extra rather than a full day & again I was really polite & grateful, they continued to look really angry as though I'd just committed the worst crime!
Then later that evening I had a minibus to the train station, I was told to wait at my hotel from 7.45 but that the bus left at 8pm. I tried to have a quick dinner with friends before catching my bus so arrived about 7.50 & it was there already! Having travelled through Thailand, Laos & Cambodia with buses always arriving late I had not expected this! So I hurried to collect my backpack & as I was doing so the staff started to have a go at me for being late. I hadn't even booked the minibus through them it was just picking me up there, completely unnecessary comments & really not the way staff of a hotel should treat their guests.
The dorm room was fine but a bit cramped, would be better as a 4 bed dorm. Swimming pool is not that nice & breakfast ok.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We liked this place. Very friendly staff with quite good English. We got their pick up from Da Nang Station, no hassle and on time.

People talk about the breakfasts, yes we enjoyed 4 mornings and each day different. Hot and cold food and even corn flakes! OK coffee even, all included in the room price.

Comfortable rooms and good service. Hire the bikes across the road but hold out for the newest ones. Biking is the BEST way to explore the town and surroundings. They also arranged for us an early van (four people) to My Son for 35 usd. Go as early as you can. We left 7.30 and could have gone even earlier as it is terribly hot there.

Reliable, friendly and helpful place - popular too so you might want to book ahead.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

The Hoa Binh Hotel in Hoi an is in a really good spot, a few minutes walking to the old town and the river. It has an INDOOR swimming pool in the middle of the restaurant, kitsch but ok! The rooms are pretty clean and the breakfast is very good, as the price is!

BUT the staff is not that kind you may think at first sight: they're helpful, always smiling and accomodating, but we have had some problems (they failed our train resevation and plus we payed for it more and more than the real price, we asked for one extra night and they charged not the dealed price, they don't accept credit cards and they told us only a the check out,..) and so we can't say that we're satisfied with this place. But except this the situation was ok.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Pros:
1) Location is close to the Old Town tourist areas
2) Buffet breakfast.

Cons:
1) Our room was so small that we couldn't really walk on the sides of the double bed. No room to unpack our backpacks. It had a window that faced a wall outside, so no outside light. It was like staying in a closet.

2) There was a leak in the bathroom above the toilet, so we were getting dripped on while going to the bathroom. It was too expensive for the size/quality of the room.

3) Internet was slow.

We left after 2 days and moved to a nice place outside of town, where we had a huge room with great wifi and also a buffet breakfast... We ended up staying there for 2 weeks we enjoyed it so much!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Ok, the price is not that cheap to Vietnam, but if you consider that the buffet breakfast is included, you'll see that is a really goog value for money. We arrived early, they took us at the bus station and that is great! As the room was available so we could get into before check in time. The staff is a little "quiet", but they helped us with our bagagges, and gave us some good tips for going to the beaches and renting a motorcycle. Good location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Considering the price it is pretty good. Location is just 5 minutes from the centre without central prices. The breakfast is one of, if not, the best we've had. A bicycle shop across the road makes beach access easy. Laundry was done efficiently. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Wifi was slightly hit and miss, and the staff weren't as endearing as other places. But still very nearly 5/5.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple