“Good, but...!!”

Ranked #48 of 144 Hotels in Hoi An
Tervuren
“Good, but...!!”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I stayed 5 nights and booked Agoda. Room (deluxe) was large and very clean. Swimming pool is small but ok.
Breakfast: JOHN and VICKY did a wonderfull job. Always very friendly an smiling.Offer is limited.
Don' book a trip to My Lai by the hotel. I asked the young receptionist how much it would cost for a 1day trip to My Lai. She answered 2.750.000 dong. This is very expensive, so I walked in the streets and asked again in booking offices. Well, I paid 1.000.000 dong for car and driver! When I was back in my hotel I told her that what she offered was 1.750.000 dong more expensive. "Oh, she said, but than you don't have lunch and a guide."
Well, I think she was not honest. So, it was a good hotel but I was really disappointed about the behaviour of this woman.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Dzung-VH3, Owner at Vinh Hung Library Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Dear Mr/mrs Jurgje,

Many thanks for your review about our tour service at Vinh Hung 3 hotel.

I am very sad to read your review about the trip to My Lai that you didn't use our service due to the mis-understanding and the staff did not explain in detail to you for what included in the tour. She is a new commer to our hotel just for a month but we missed this information to provide to you for a sympathy for her.

On behalf of the owner, I would like to explain to you as follow:

- tour to my lai: we combine with the other stop at My Son holly land, listed by unesco as the world heritage. Therefore, the distance is more longer than the direct transfer to my lai, we have to charge more so the price is higher about 400.000 vnd (20 usd) but the staff did not mentioned for your understanding this. As you said you can book out site to direct My lai about 1.000.000 vnd, but we make sure the vehicle is old and not comfortable than us. You book us, you can make a complaint about the provided service easy than from them. So I would like to explain.
- the tour also includes guide, lunch and entrance fee, for example: entrance fee for my son site is 60.000 vnd + my lai: 20.000 vnd. = 4 usd. Lunch is 200.000 vnd/ meal/ pax = 10 usd. And guide fee: 500.000 for a trip.

If we make the total fee I mentioned above, maybe it is not fix with the number you wrote, anyway we are very sorry for not explain in detail and not take care you during the time stayed at our hotel.

We hope our message here helps you know about our service and on behalf of the new staff, I would like to say "sorry" to you again.

Hope you have a good health and see you back to our hotel in the next time.

With best regards,

Dzung/mr
Owner of vinh hung 3 hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Hamburg
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Vinh Hung 3 was a very nice hotel. Beautiful rooftop pool, spacious room, welcome towel and drink. The beds were comfortable, everything was clean. Excellent showers. Good breakfast. There was nothing I can think of to complain about or criticise.
The staff were very friendly, helpful and attentive but not desperately trying to sell us tours or anything (which has happened elsewhere).
Would happily stay here again and would happily recommend the hotel to anyone I know that is fully mobile (there are stairs, but no elevators).

• Stayed August 2012
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Very helpful staff, lovely rooms and located about 5/10 minutes to where everything happens, still it is in a quiter side street off one of the main roads so that you can chill down after your trips from here. Also the the Swimming pool on the top terrace is a plus. Thanks!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank OscarPsycho
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Location was great - a little bit of a walk from the riverfront, but it was a good way to get to know the town. Bike rental was cheap. Pool was nice. Staff was friendly and helpful. Beds were a little unfomfortable, but fine. Laundry was a little slow and breakfast was pretty good, but nothing special.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Tauranga, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Our family stayed at the Vinh Hung 3 for five days, the staff were great and really friendly, nothing was to much trouble. The breakfast is good and plenty of it.
The location is great you are really close to old town, and everything you need is outside the door. Bike hire, Laundry, and a couple of resturants. The roof top pool is nice and gets sun for most of the day.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
barcelona
Reviewed 2 August 2012 via mobile

The hotel is clean, has a swimingpool. The rooms are quite ok, the only pity is that most of them have a window without views, because is stucked to the building beside. Wifi is working most of the times. Is an option if you do not find something else.

• Stayed July 2012
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I stayed at the hotel for a week with my boyfriend in June. It was the best value hotel I stayed at of all the places I went in a 2 month southeast asia trip. Rooms were clean, modern enough, hot showers, no bugs. Only complaint is the beds are a bit hard but thats quite common in vietnam. For 25 dollars a night it was a fantastic stay. Incredibly friendly staff as well!

• Stayed June 2012