“a lot of small inconveniences”

Vinh Hung Library Hotel
Ranked #49 of 142 Hotels in Hoi An
Hanoi, Vietnam
“a lot of small inconveniences”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Ok,check in is ok, the receptionist lady doesn't give you much information.So on my question when's the breakfast she says "I'll tell you when you go down".Then after my second ask she says its at 7 but doesn't say when does it finish. o_O They don't give you much info, I was badly surprised when found out the swimming pool was working only until 9pm(( so when I came at the hotel after dinner wanting to have a nice evening swim the same woman(I think she's a senior) said "too late, go to sleep". So her attitude is a big minus.
Other thing is we got a room with no window which was kind of depressing and we never knew what was the weather like.
The try to rip you off if you want to book a bus ticket with them, when in other travel agencies its double less.

The amenities weren't great, just a little soap and the shampoo. So for the travelers who didn't take much staff is quite uncomfortable.
I will definitely choose another hotel next time, I think you don't quite get what you pay for.
The breakfast and the breakfast staff is nice though.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Dzung-VH3, Owner at Vinh Hung Library Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Dear Mr/Mrs Veron Limon,

Many thanks for your review about the attitude from our staff brough a not good sense to you during the time at my hotel.

Because some members of trip advisor don't use the right name for a nick name so it is very hard to us for a double check the name of traveller who stayed at our hotel.

Please five us your name with the time stayed and room number impossible. I checked for all and will send the feedback to you soon.

With best regards,

Dzung/Mr.

Owner of Vinh Hung 3 hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We usually stayed at more basic hotels during our travels in Vietnam, so for us this was a splurge. It was great to have a proper, clean, bathroom and an actual showercabin for a change. The room was lovely, spacious and clean, and there even was a computer with free internet in the room.
Nobody seems to use the pool, maybe cause the hotel is not that far (about 5km) from the sea. The pool was really nice, however, and we liked going in for a swim after a day of sightseeing. We were always the only ones there, which made it even better.
The only downside was the noise. Our room overlooked what must have been a popular street, because every night, we were kept awake by drunk tourists passing by, and by Vietnamese restaurant/hotel staff talking to each other (they wouldn't run up to each other though, they stayed in front of their respective hotel/restaurant and conversed by shouting). It really was impossible to get a good night's sleep. I've read other reviews where people write it was a quiet hotel, so I guess our room was just unfortunately located. But all in all, you get good value for money and I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2012 via mobile

On first arrival the staff at this hotel didn't seem amazingly friendly however as our stay continued we found them to be very helpful and polite.

Our room was in the first floor and at the back, the room was plenty big enough and the room facilities and bathroom were both more than acceptable.

The mattresses appear to be made of foam, we slept fine but some fellow guests I think would have preferred something a little softer.

The breakfast has the usual stuff and was fine for our needs.

The hotel has a roof top pool which at first might seem a little unnecessary but given the heat and humidity of Hoi An's compact streets it's excellent for a post sight seeing swim! The pool is cleaned daily and there are a few sun loungers dotted about.

The hotel has a great location it is at the top of the town but less than 5 minutes from the "old town". Early one morning there was a band and a person talking through a loud speaker which was very annoying but I think it was a one off and other than that we had soundless sleeps every night.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone heading to Hoi An as it's right by the touristy places but not actually on the busy and sometimes noisy old town streets.

Tervuren
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I stayed 5 nights and booked Agoda. Room (deluxe) was large and very clean. Swimming pool is small but ok.
Breakfast: JOHN and VICKY did a wonderfull job. Always very friendly an smiling.Offer is limited.
Don' book a trip to My Lai by the hotel. I asked the young receptionist how much it would cost for a 1day trip to My Lai. She answered 2.750.000 dong. This is very expensive, so I walked in the streets and asked again in booking offices. Well, I paid 1.000.000 dong for car and driver! When I was back in my hotel I told her that what she offered was 1.750.000 dong more expensive. "Oh, she said, but than you don't have lunch and a guide."
Well, I think she was not honest. So, it was a good hotel but I was really disappointed about the behaviour of this woman.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Dear Mr/mrs Jurgje,

Many thanks for your review about our tour service at Vinh Hung 3 hotel.

I am very sad to read your review about the trip to My Lai that you didn't use our service due to the mis-understanding and the staff did not explain in detail to you for what included in the tour. She is a new commer to our hotel just for a month but we missed this information to provide to you for a sympathy for her.

On behalf of the owner, I would like to explain to you as follow:

- tour to my lai: we combine with the other stop at My Son holly land, listed by unesco as the world heritage. Therefore, the distance is more longer than the direct transfer to my lai, we have to charge more so the price is higher about 400.000 vnd (20 usd) but the staff did not mentioned for your understanding this. As you said you can book out site to direct My lai about 1.000.000 vnd, but we make sure the vehicle is old and not comfortable than us. You book us, you can make a complaint about the provided service easy than from them. So I would like to explain.
- the tour also includes guide, lunch and entrance fee, for example: entrance fee for my son site is 60.000 vnd + my lai: 20.000 vnd. = 4 usd. Lunch is 200.000 vnd/ meal/ pax = 10 usd. And guide fee: 500.000 for a trip.

If we make the total fee I mentioned above, maybe it is not fix with the number you wrote, anyway we are very sorry for not explain in detail and not take care you during the time stayed at our hotel.

We hope our message here helps you know about our service and on behalf of the new staff, I would like to say "sorry" to you again.

Hope you have a good health and see you back to our hotel in the next time.

With best regards,

Dzung/mr
Owner of vinh hung 3 hotel
Hamburg
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Vinh Hung 3 was a very nice hotel. Beautiful rooftop pool, spacious room, welcome towel and drink. The beds were comfortable, everything was clean. Excellent showers. Good breakfast. There was nothing I can think of to complain about or criticise.
The staff were very friendly, helpful and attentive but not desperately trying to sell us tours or anything (which has happened elsewhere).
Would happily stay here again and would happily recommend the hotel to anyone I know that is fully mobile (there are stairs, but no elevators).

Reviewed 8 August 2012

Very helpful staff, lovely rooms and located about 5/10 minutes to where everything happens, still it is in a quiter side street off one of the main roads so that you can chill down after your trips from here. Also the the Swimming pool on the top terrace is a plus. Thanks!

1 Thank OscarPsycho
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Location was great - a little bit of a walk from the riverfront, but it was a good way to get to know the town. Bike rental was cheap. Pool was nice. Staff was friendly and helpful. Beds were a little unfomfortable, but fine. Laundry was a little slow and breakfast was pretty good, but nothing special.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends