“Friendly service in a great location”

Vinh Hung Library Hotel
Ranked #48 of 144 Hotels in Hoi An
Sydney
“Friendly service in a great location”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

From the moment we arrived this hotel filled with friendly staff made us feel welcome. We were given a 4th floor room with a sweeping view of the town and the room was clean, comfortable, and the internet worked well (except for Facebook of course, but that is Vietnam's problem, not the hotel!).
All tour and transfer arrangements were well run and good value for money. No hesitation in recommending this hotel (although I know nothing about the other rooms).

Room Tip: The rooms in the middle of the hotel may not have windows - but that is true of many Vietnam small h...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mature_traveller00

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Great location and I must say the staff of Vinh Hung 3 were very helpful and friendly. We were greeted with big smiles from the front desk staff the moment we arrived and they were so attentive. We would like to give a tumb up for the supervisor Amy Lee she made us feel so at home and comfortable. We really enjoyed our stay at Vinh Hung and we would like to thank the wonderful staff for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary P
Hoi An, Vietnam
Reviewed 10 January 2013

On arrival I was impressed with the cleanliness, sytle and amenities of the room. The staff showed me to my room and saw that I was comfortable. Unfortunaltey the next day I had a fall on the stairs, I'm an early riser and it was still a bit dark - the staff came running, they tried to reduce my shoulder pain with massage but I really thought there was more damage, I was soon in a taxi to the hospital, two staff members came with me. I left the hospital with two broken ribs and badly bruised foot and leg. At breakfast the Trang, the receptionist made sure I didn't have to get up for anything (I'm not used to being waited on hand and foot); then she gave my leg a massage wtih ice for 40 mins. Her friendly concern and help continued for the rest of my stay, my ice massages and ensuring I had all I needed. I can't speak more highly of this hotel. Hopefully you will not need such service in your stay here, but you will still be made to feel welcome and enjoy the environment and food. Julie

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank injured1
Melbourne
Reviewed 10 January 2013 via mobile

The staff here are wonderful. Friendly, helpful and honest. As we were leaving in the taxi the hotel organised one of the ladies on reception gave me 150 VND and said she had accidentally charged us twice for our laundry. I really appreciated her honesty. The rooms are basic and the wifi hit and miss. The location is fantastic.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Miniscus
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 7 January 2013

A pretty box standard budget hotel. Has decent sized deluxe rooms with tv and computer.
Offers an average and limited breakfast. A small but clean and refreshing pool on the roof which comes in handy after a hot day.
Good location as it only takes 5 mins to walk to the river and Japanese covered bridge.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PriyalDodhia
Bendigo, Australia
Reviewed 6 January 2013 via mobile

Breakfast was the same as most places, fresh fruit was lovely, pool was nice and its an easy. Walk to everything, my long issue was there was no lift and we were on the top floor so lots of stairs but the staff were very attentive, would always help us with our luggage, any wifi issues and organised an airport transfer for us

Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chloe W
Reviewed 2 January 2013 via mobile

This hotel was just fine. You get what you get for the price. The beds were very sparsely made (read: only 1 sheet!). The service however was very friendly and gave us a fair price for the airport/train transfer. Before booking this hotel I would go check out vinh hung 1 and 2 - passed by them and they looked marginally nicer.

• Stayed January 2013