“Pleasant stay in Hoi An”

Vinh Hung Library Hotel
Ranked #48 of 144 Hotels in Hoi An
Cape Town, South Africa
“Pleasant stay in Hoi An”
Reviewed 17 January 2013

My wife and I had a very pleasant stay (3 nights) at the Vinh Hung 3 hotel in Hoi An.
The room was very comfortable and spacious and the PC in the room with free wi fi was a bonus.
The swimming pool was great , as it was extremely hot during our stay. The breakfasts were good and the hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Being only a 5 minute walk to the Hoi An old quarter , we can definately recommend this hotel !!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank robinpatterson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed 14 January 2013

A very nice hotel with extremely friendly staff. Room was clean and had nice furniture, huge bed, nice bathroom, the window faced a brick wall, but we knew that before as it was clearly mentioned in our booking. Breakfast was good, they prepared fresh eggs directly in the dining area and we could choose how we want them. Pool looked nice, a pity that we couldn't try it because it was too cold! And finally, the WIFI was extremely fast, even in our room in 2nd floor.

I just could criticize that it was a little bit loud when people were talking in the corridor or were slamming their doors, but I think it's more or less normal in a big hotel. Except that, everything perfect!

Room Tip: Maybe a room on the top floor if you are very sensible of noise?
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank anna-pitchoune
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We were welcomed with friendly smiles from the moment we arrived. Staff could not have been more lovely. The room was very nice, plenty of space and clean. It was towards the back of the hotel and quiet. Breakfast was included (was a very small buffet but fruit was fresh and eggs cooked to order). The shower was amazing! Hot water, pressure and large shower head- very different from elsewhere if you've been travelling on a low - medium budget.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank dchap19
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in Dec. Very ordinary hotel. Rooms were clean and functional. Toilets were bright and clean. Only grouse was that the shower cubicle was really really small.
Breakfast was ordinary with small selection of food and omelette cooked on request. Nothing fancy.

Theres a pool at the rooftop but did not get the chance to use it as there was plenty to do in Hoi An itself.

We booked a room with a balcony for 2 nights and then switched to a normal one without a balcony. My advice would be skip the balcony. Rooms with balconies are either front facing, which can be really noisy, or back facing, which faces some community hall, not that much of a view if you want to lounge outside. Otherwise, the interior of the rooms are very much similar. You can save the extra bucks and spend it on other stuff.

We rented a motorbike from the vendor outside and i've read reviews where he was a little dodgy with the fuel only after i came back. He did the same thing with us. Gave us a bike which was virtually on empty, rode pillion with me to a nearby petrol station and instructed the guy to fill it all the way up even though i said just a little would do. Its only a couple of bucks difference but it does leave a sour taste in your mouth.

Location-wise its a little of a walk to the main old town area around the river but that was fine with us. Hoi An is quite a pretty place and the walk and cool weather suited us fine.

Not sure if i'll stay here again if i return. I'm sure there are other places with equally good value.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed 13 January 2013

From the moment we arrived this hotel filled with friendly staff made us feel welcome. We were given a 4th floor room with a sweeping view of the town and the room was clean, comfortable, and the internet worked well (except for Facebook of course, but that is Vietnam's problem, not the hotel!).
All tour and transfer arrangements were well run and good value for money. No hesitation in recommending this hotel (although I know nothing about the other rooms).

Room Tip: The rooms in the middle of the hotel may not have windows - but that is true of many Vietnam small h...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mature_traveller00
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Great location and I must say the staff of Vinh Hung 3 were very helpful and friendly. We were greeted with big smiles from the front desk staff the moment we arrived and they were so attentive. We would like to give a tumb up for the supervisor Amy Lee she made us feel so at home and comfortable. We really enjoyed our stay at Vinh Hung and we would like to thank the wonderful staff for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary P
Hoi An, Vietnam
Reviewed 10 January 2013

On arrival I was impressed with the cleanliness, sytle and amenities of the room. The staff showed me to my room and saw that I was comfortable. Unfortunaltey the next day I had a fall on the stairs, I'm an early riser and it was still a bit dark - the staff came running, they tried to reduce my shoulder pain with massage but I really thought there was more damage, I was soon in a taxi to the hospital, two staff members came with me. I left the hospital with two broken ribs and badly bruised foot and leg. At breakfast the Trang, the receptionist made sure I didn't have to get up for anything (I'm not used to being waited on hand and foot); then she gave my leg a massage wtih ice for 40 mins. Her friendly concern and help continued for the rest of my stay, my ice massages and ensuring I had all I needed. I can't speak more highly of this hotel. Hopefully you will not need such service in your stay here, but you will still be made to feel welcome and enjoy the environment and food. Julie

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo