“Great Stay! Highly recommend!”

Vinh Hung Library Hotel
Ranked #52 of 162 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Found this hotel at the last minute. What a gem!

Close to everything. Clean. Aircon. Wifi. Friendly staff.

Right across the road from some great restaurants.

Highly recommend.

Delicious complimentary breakfast.

Only think is the window opens up to a brick wall so it's dark all the time. But hardly spend any time at the hotel so didn't concern us.

I'll be back! Definitely!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 January 2014

For 30 usd a night this was the best place I stayed at in Vietnam. I'll admit the rooms can be quite noisy (due to sound proofing not being great and hard floors), but I didn't think the other guests and staff were particularly noisy, it was just that noise carried easily. it didn't bother me, but light sleepers might find it an issue.

otherwise it was in a great location, had very friendly staff, a small but nice pool and was clean with everything in the room working fine. I booked 2 more nights in the hotel after my first 3 because hoi an was my favourite place and this hotel was just right for me.

Room Tip: avoid rooms on the 4th floor near the pool, I can imagine they are quite noisy
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I booked a superior room described as having a balcony, but when I checked in they showed me to a ground floor room with no balcony. When I expressed my dissatisfaction they told me this was also a superior room as it had a nice view, well the view was of a load of old paint pots and what looked like disused Scaffolding. They offered me an alternative room but only after 6 pm and then I would have to move rooms again first thing in the morning. As I had been on the road for last 2 weeks I'd really been looking forward to having one base for the next few nights so was very disappointed by this proposal. In the end I moved to a different hotel. This hotel needs to review how it advertises its differently graded rooms if it does not want more customers feeling let down, messed around and insulted as I did. The staff tried to imply the mistake were somehow my fault as I had not expressly requested not to be on the ground floor in the booking comments. I rechecked the room descriptions, no definitely not my fault the description implies ALL superior rooms come with balcony and the one they tried to fob me off with most definitely did not. I won't be booking with this hotel again, and won't be recommending it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Nomad_Spagsie
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and it was ideal. Good value for money, clean and spacious rooms and helpful staff. It is a 5 minute walk to town and has bikes to rent right outside. The inclusive breakfast was plain but nice.
The one negative thing is that it's quite noisy at night. The walls are paper thin and sound travels from the street.
Otherwise a nice place and worth a visit.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel has good, spacious rooms. It is very clean. Breakfast is quite good. Very close to the old quarter (max 10 minute walk). The only problem is the noise. We were staying in a room right by the stairs. The sound insulation is shocking, so you literally hear every person coming up the stairs and all conversations. We were woken up every night by people coming in late. We were also woken up every morning by people getting up early. If you stay at this hotel, request a room at the end of the passage away from the stairs. You will literally hear everything happening in the hotel if you stay close to the staircase.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 12 January 2014

By far the best value accommodation of our 15 days in Vietnam! Our room was clean and tastefully decorated. We went for the cheapest room which was about $30 per night and included a breakfast buffet with eggs cooked to order. The only down side I see to the cheapest room is that the window opens to a brick wall that is so close you don't have to put forth much effort to reach out and touch it. But I suppose you get what you pay for. The slightly more expensive rooms had balconies. The bathroom was modern and though the shower was a relatively small cubicle type shower, it was my favorite shower in all of Vietnam. It had a nice rainfall shower head and what seemed to be an unlimited supply of hot water. It might be nice if they would supply each room with a kettle for coffee and tea but they were more than happy to bring a Thermos of hot water to your room upon request. The staff were nice but not exceptional. We booked a car through the hotel to pick us up from the airport. The service was good and the driver was waiting for us at the airport lobby but you can arrange cheaper private transfer through other hotels/tour operators in Hoi An. We also booked a tour to My Son through the hotel's travel services which was easy and convenient and we were happy with
the tour, cost of the tour, etc. I highly recommend Vinh Hung 3 if you find yourself in Hoi An.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We enjoyed thoroughly our stay in Vinh Hung Hotel. On arrival we were seated at beautiful table and served some ginger tea, while our booking were processed. I have to mention here the all time impeccable service, the girls working there were beyond nice and helpful. Next to reception, there was large dining area with some computers for guests.The swimming pool was just beside our table, so it was nice feeling eating breakfast and looking at the pool. Room was quite compact, but beautiful, with some nice touches like old fashion phone or carved furniture. There was also small balcony overlooking the pool. Hotel location wasn’t bad neither, just a short walking distance to old town. They also have bicycles and motorbikes available for rent. Altogether, I would recommend staying in Vinh hung Hotel.

Stayed: January 2014