“Review of Riverside Resort”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Pho Hoi I Hotel

Pho Hoi I Hotel
Pho Hoi I Hotel
Ranked #136 of 141 Hotels in Hoi An
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Review of Riverside Resort”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Great pool! Very convenient situation and reasonably quiet. Beds horrifically hard, sheets hardly fit, pillows equally hard...but the room was tidied every day and the towels changed. Breakfast was mediocre and it struck me that the staff were tired of tourists!! although obliging and helpful.

Room Tip: Overlooking the garden.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JoeyOsborn

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

The only thing that was good about this hotel was the location - it's within walking distance of everything convenient, restaurants and the river.

When we first got to the hotel, the lady at reception seemed very grumpy and said we had to wait an hour to get a room (they were cleaning it). We left for breakfast and came back to a guy instead and explained to him that we already had a room waiting but would like to see if there was a bigger room available (as the previous employee told us there might be one). He said "WHY YOU WANT TO SEE?" and insisted that all the rooms were the same and persisted to keep us with our allocated room.

Later on in the afternoon we asked about getting laundry done, the same guy said "$3 per kilo" which was a little bit more than we were hoping to pay but he angrily said that we had "no chance to find cheaper!"

We stayed 5 nights ONLY because we couldn't be bothered to move and because the location was good. In the space of 5 nights we had TWO cockroaches in our room and a BIG bug that I couldn't even recognise.

The only time the staff EVER smiled at us was the day we left!

Terrible. don't bother.

I have also just looked through the photos that are available online (agoda) and the hotel looks nothing like it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Samantha R

Travellers are raving about these Hoi An hotels

Bethesda, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

Although the room we booked was good size and the breakfast was adequate, the rooms are dirty, smells very musty and we were disgusted to find our room keys hanging on the top of the front desk table ("because it was past 10 pm" where it was only 20 minutes past 10 pm) where anyone can walk into the hotel from the street. For a hotel that we paid over $30 a night in Vietnam, what hotel does not have front desk staff 24 hours a day? Also, even though we booked the room online, the hotel staff still asked us for online booking details which they did not seem know how to work with the website directly. The hotel staff asked me to log onto that site again (agoda.com), she wanted to control my mouse when we are on the site on my account. When I asked her not to, she was pretty rude. We will not go back again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, period.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank GreatFoodisHeaven
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

The rooms are cheap (both in price and in quality) though not cramped, and it's in a very good area of the city. There's nothing wrong with the hotel really, just that the owners could have been a bit more friendly. I would recommend this hotel if you're not planning on staying for very long, otherwise you can dish out a bit more dough!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Gizmabel
Peterborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

This hotel is in a fantastic location and the staff here are lovely.
The rooms are cheap ($10 a night) but the room really reflects the price and feels like it could do with a really good clean! If you're happy with a basic room then it does the job - there is hot water and a comfy enough bed with cable tv.
The fan isn't that strong on the ceiling and the wifi flicks on and off in our room on the 2nd floor but the wifi is good in reception.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura E
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2012

Budget rooms in Hoi An are limited. This place is well prices and very centrally located right next to the market and just a few minutes walk from the best eating places in town. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are decent but not great. One window was broken and there were some ants. They will kindly help you get or do anything you want. They helped us purchase a motorbike but it turned out that we paid WAY too much for them. Over 300 USD, when it should've been closer to 200. They also failed to tell me that it was a 50cc engine, hardly what I needed for a cross country trip through the mountains. I'd stay there again, but wouldn't make any purchases through them or their friends.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012

Worst hotel in Vietnam we had so far. Water dripping from the ceiling of the room, walls are very moist.
Room was not clean at all. Dead cockroach behind the fridge, fridge smelled like durian.. Water was not avaible for a whole morning. Bed was absolutely not clean!!!!! Wifi is not working well, and also there is no signal in the rooms. Also everything in the bathroom was leaking (sink, toilet, shower) and the whole bathroom floor was totally wet/dirty all the time.
Rental bike broke down after 1km. Staff not helpfull and not very happy either.

The only positive thing we can say was the location (in the middle of the old town) and the laundry service (fast and clean)

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Ban Thach Riverside Hotel
Hotel Hai Yen
Hotel Hai Yen
#107 of 141 in Hoi An

Been to Pho Hoi I Hotel? Share your experiences!