“Very pleasant hotel”

Nhi Trung Hotel
Ranked #60 of 275 Hoi An B&B and Inns
“Very pleasant hotel”
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

We read the reviews on Tripadvisor after spending a day at a terrible hotel next door (Hop Yen) and booked a standard room at Nhi Trung. Even though the room had a window the place smelled like moist. So we asked if there was a superior room available and they showed us a room with two double beds but we had to pay $4 extra which was too much for us. After a short conversation in Vietnam between the man and the woman they showed us an other superior room. This room on the frontside was perfect for us: clean, nice bathroom with bath and shower, comfortable bed and a balcony. If you can afford it (+$2) I would recommand you to take a superior room.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank dutchkim1984

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sydney
Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

A group of three of us stayed here for 3 nights in a triple room (1 queen and a single). The main guy on reception was exceptionally helpful. He checked us into our room early, told us to have a rest and then come out so he could tell us about "his town." He organised airport transfers for us, insisted we had breakfast even though we slept in and they had cleaned up, and even got up at 5am to make sure we got our transfer to the airport and waved us goodbye.

We paid approx $27 a night (that's 9 each). Air con worked perfectly. Room was beautiful, impeccably clean and were cleaned each day to our surprise, and the beds sooo cozy. Great wifi too. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2013
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Hoi An is an expensive town by Vietnamese standards, so this was a pretty decent option for the price. We paid $21 a night, which is the most expensive room we've had in Vietnam. The room itself was really small, but it had AC, although the unit was in the bottom corner of the room, so it only blew on one person, instead of cooling the whole room. There was a small old tv, an electric kettle, complimentary breakfast and private bath. They claimed to have wifi in the entire hotel, but it only worked in the lobby. The beds are AWFUL, but the shower head is superb. The breakfast is good, but be warned that you get ONE food item and ONE drink included in breakfast. Order anything else and it's extra, but they won't tell you that outright. We asked before ordering, but we saw several people being unhappy with their charges as breakfast is not explained. I also would not buy a bus ticket to Hue from them, it is twice the price of just going to Sinh Tourist right down the block. It's a decent place, but nothing to rave about.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Denver, CO
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We had a huge room with a balcony on the third floor, and it was very nice. The breakfast is a little odd (eggs made in a microwave) but about what you'd expect for an included meal. Staff is a little odd, and was clearly trying to sell us train tickets until they learned we knew what the real price would be. I would steer clear of asking them for any advice or sales. Otherwise, very nice place to stay.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights, the room was decorated very well, other rooms that I saw had balconies but they paid more and I can't grumble about our room too much. The only problems was that we were invaded by ants, not a massive problem as they stayed on the wall and ants are very common in most SE Asia hotels. We had a fridge in room, TV, AC and complimentary toiletries. This is also the first hotel we stayed in that provided a kettle and sometimes sachets of tea and coffee (we got 2 coffee sachets the first day, 1 on the 2nd and none on the 3rd. We asked for some more but the female receptionist didn't know where they were kept so we went and bought our own. Our room was cleaned daily with fresh bedding and towels. The bathroom was lovely, the shower was the best I have had in 4 months travelling, lovely hot water and a decent strength. We weren't told until our second day that we were entitled to breakfast. You had a choice of bread and your choice of eggs (scrambled, omelette etc) on the menu. I would stay here again without a doubt, maybe upgrade to a room with a balcony though. The location is great, about a slow 5 minute stroll to the Old Quarter where there is an abundance of shops, tailors, restaurants and bars. Plus it is great for visiting local tourist sights such as the river, Japanese bridge etc. It is very beautiful in Hoi An.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 February 2013

The room here was by far the best price/value room I stayed during my time in Vietnam. I didn't give them the highest rating because they waited until I checked out to tell me that their credit card machine was "broken." I had to make an unplanned and very expansive cash withdrawal from the ATM to pay my bill.

Also, AVOID the tailor shop they refer, T&C Tailor. They made me a decent suit and some shirts, but then ran a very unsubtle, bait-and-switch scam on me when it came time to arrange the shipping home. The price for shipping, first quoted at US$30, jumped to US$50 with a very dubious explanation, then made a big show of carefully packing and taping my stuff up in a big, nice box and took it away. My suit arrived in the US squished into a glorified envelop, wrinkled as hell, requiring dry cleaning before I could wear it. Just blatant and cheap nickel and diming.

This is really too bad. If things had gone smoothly, I would have ordered (at least) one more suit and several more shirts. By running a scam worth only $20, they lost hundreds of dollars in future business and referrals.

Room Tip: Asked for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Leif P
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 11 February 2013

We booked this through recommendations on trip advisor and were so glad we did! In fact, it was our favourite hotel in our three week trip through the country.

It's a little away from the 'old' part of old town, maybe five minutes walking, but this wasn't too bad, as the walking is a lot calmer than in other cities in this country!

We had a street facing room with a little balcony which we loved because we could smoke there and also watch the life on the streets below. It did mean the room could be a little noisy in the mornings, but we had ear plugs so this wasn't an issue for us. You could select a room at the back of the hotel if you don't like noise. They seem to open onto a central courtyard and some seem to have balconies (we peaked through an open door one day).

The bathroom had a bath with a shower in it. All very clean and lots of hot water. Most spacious bathroom we had in Vietnam.

Also, the room was really massive compared to other hotels we were in, lovely to have a sense of space. We paid $24 a night for the room, not the cheapest, but not much more than other places for a much higher sense of quality.

The staff were really helpful and friendly at all times. Most professional staff we encountered in Vietnam.

We hired bicycles from across the street for $1 a day and rode to An Bang beach for a lovely day of chilling at the beach bars.

We had a breakfast included option and were really impressed that we could have fresh mango smoothies and omelettes for this. Delicious.

I'll definitely recommend this to friends and will stay here again if I ever come back... which I hope to do, because Hoi An was my favourite place we went!

Room Tip: Street facing rooms are noisy in the mornings - if you have ear plugs, they are great for the views...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple