“Dishonest and greedy staff..$100 stolen. AVOID” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dai Long Hotel

Dai Long Hotel
Ranked #158 of 244 Hoi An B&B and Inns
“Dishonest and greedy staff..$100 stolen. AVOID”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

I agree with the other reviewers who say the the staff is terrible. They're constantly on your back when you're coming and going through the hotel about booking tours and bus tickets through them (which are way overpriced). That's annoying, sure. What's downright infuriating is the $100 USD that went missing from my backpack. My boyfriend and I tore our bags apart searching for it but to no avail. I am POSITIVE it was one of the housekeepers. When I brought it up to the front desk girl she just said that it must be somewhere in my bag and brushed it off. Hoi An in general has been very disappointing due to the money hungry nature of the people and the shameless ways on which they soak foreigners. This was just the last straw! STAY AWAY!!

• Stayed March 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

I am one of the lucky ones, no ants in my room :-)
I wast really planning to stay here, but after an exhausting taxi ride from Da Nang I just went into the first hotel I saw.
I think 20dollar is acceptable for the room itself, though i have problems charging my phone etc because of broken "plug-ins".. fridge does not work, not a big problem for me. The service is ok, but not without a doubt.
Overall it an ok stay for a night or 2, but 15d would be a more suitable price, my saying after lived in 7 hotels in vietnam so far.

• Stayed February 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights, we came from an overnight bus and got in about 9am, I sent an email 2 days before we left saying our time and date of arrival asking if we could meet someone at the bus station from the hotel, heard nothing for 2 days just before we got the bus I got an email back with a map attached saying they don't do transfers and to find our own way. (if it had said get a taxi we wouldn't of minded, but 'find your own way' didn't sound good) we eventually found the hotel by taxi, he didn't really no where it was either. The room was ok nothing special. And the bed wasn't good at all, and there were a lot of ants around. When we went out into Hoi An we found the location of the hotel great! All in All the location is great but we won't be returning just because the hotels nothing special.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nottingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in december 2012. The hotel is in a great location, easy to find and the road it is on leads to Ang bak beach (about 4km) and you can rent a bicycle across the road for $1, the road isnt very busy. Many resteraunts are 2 mins walk away. The room was very clean, no sign of the ants mentioned in other reviews, there is a mosquito net for the bed which was nice. It had hot water, was very clean, working Aircon and fridge, free wifi etc. Hoi An itself is beautiful and we wish we had stayed longer.

The one negative experience we had at this hotel was the bus we booked through them to Nha Trang. When the bus arrived, we talked with other travellers on the bus who got the trip for a full 50,000 VND (2.5 USD) cheaper per person than us, so the hotel took 100,000 off us for basically calling the travel agent. They charged us 400,000 VND (20USD) each, which looking back on it is far too much. Shop around, there are many travel agencies within 2 minutes walk (we wish we had). In addition to this, the company that the hotel books with (An Phu) is aweful. We had to switch buses 3 times! during the 11 hour bus ride, which would have been many hours shorter except the bus kept stopping so the conductor could shout at local people in every village if they wanted to get on. Very unprofessional and just made the long bus ride even more horrible. The seats were hard and very cramped. I suggest that you avoid using this company, and look for other operators.

Other than this, the hotel was great and i would recommend it other than for bus bookings.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor room 202 which was great.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for four nights. Initial impressions were good, friendly staff, shown to our room, and given helpful directions for the town.

However, we came back later that evening to the room and I found my toothbrush covered in ants. This infestation was a problem throughout the stay. So despite our initial impression, it wasn't as nice as we thought!

Other negatives included seemingly the noisiest air-con unit in the world, slow and intermittent wifi, and the staff trying to sell us overpriced transport. The bed was so uncomfortable, perhaps we may have been better off sleeping on the floor. Also they told us we had to be out of our room by 11am and not 12pm, which we then found to be untrue - something that usually would not bother us but my boyfriend was unwell.

I would say that the hostel is excellently located to explore HoiAn, and we had an extremely spacious room. Although it does not include breakfast, the cafe opposite is reasonably priced and has a variety of options.

(Written by AnInspectorCalls_Rob's girlfriend)

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank AnInspectorCalls_Rob
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

My wife and I spent two night in the hotel, rooms were small but clean with basic facilities like TV and mini bar.It is very near to old town.It is small hotel ,which is soleny managed by a single girl.She helped us to book few of our tours and find a good indian restaurant,which was very near to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012 via mobile

Not really much to say about this hotel other then the staff were friendly and helpful, it was a comfortable 10 minute wall to the restaurants and river. We were here on full moon so the old market turns of the electricity and you eat by candle light and little children sell you candles you can float down the river.
The room was good with a nice bathroom a tv A/C and a fridge.
Our train was in the evening so we had no where else to go so did late checkout and they got us a taxi to the train station.
Great stay and we would definitely come back here.

• Stayed October 2012