“Best spring rolls I have ever had!”

Morning Glory Restaurant
Ranked #167 of 1,060 Restaurants in Hoi An
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Street Food Restaurant owned and managed by Ms Vy (Trinh Diem Vy) who is also the owner and operator of The Cargo Club, Mermaid Restaurant and The Market Restaurant and Cooking School.
Reviewed 27 June 2018

We went to Morning Glory upon a recommendation of a local friend who came with us for dinner. The spring rolls were the best and we ended up ordering 2 portions (3 pieces each portion) for 3 of us. Then we went back before we left and ordered spring rolls again. They were fresh, meaty, juicy, and had a nice mix of flavors. Another dish that stuck was pork belly with red rice risotto. The red rice was cooked in a creamy sauce without the cream being overpowering. It was fusion dish but the elements went really well together. Try the dessert too, they are interesting and so yummy!!

Write a ReviewReviews (14,042)

Reviewed 27 June 2018

A awesome restaurant where you can sit outside enjoy your food and watch the people go by or inside where you can watch some of your food being cooked or up stairs with a balcony.
They are serving beautiful street food and other lovely mains as well. Licensed
just go

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

So we came to this place as one of the top spots adviced by TripAdvisor, former visitors and foodie Sonny from Youtube.
Do no be scared off by their looks they said. It's gonna be soooo good they said. Worth the money they said.

Let me tell you- HELL NO.
Yes indeed the staff was friendly. I guess for pricing their dishes that high the better be friendly! W
I wasn't to sure if ordering a lot like the other tables around us would be a good idea. Somehow... even after all the top reviews out there... I was still feeling, that it won't be worth the money.
At least I hoped it would be amazingly good...
To my deepest disappointment it was neither good nor was is much.
Just look at the cute plates we got.
Beautiful.

Along with a big bottle of water this meal amounted to 210k.

My advice: go to the market for wayyyy cheaper and yummy Banh Xeo (the yellow pancake). Check out my other review for that :)

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Morning glory was delicious. It was so good we went there 2 nights in a row. The food was great especially the duck rolls with tamarind sauce. There appetisers were the best. The service was great and came to you straight away and they were lovely. The only negative would be how full they were but that only shows how good they are.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I went here twice during my stay in Hoi An! Just an amazing choice of local food and everything I tasted over the 2 visits was absolutely amazing! And such good value and big portions! Highly recommend it!