“Room Ok but Terrible Staff” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Phuong Duong Hotel

Phuong Duong Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hoi An
Phuong Duong Hotel
Ranked #214 of 244 Hoi An B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Room Ok but Terrible Staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have been in this hotel 3 nights and i have to complain about the staff from the front desk! Very rude! When i did check-out the woman wanted to charge me 50% more because i left 12.15 and every-day made pressure trying to sell the bus ticket for my next destination! The room quality/price good!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Pedro P

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Picked this hotel because it was cheap and recommended by lonely planet, but I regretted it. There were tiny bugs crawling all over my bed and the rest of the room/bathroom. Wifi didn't actually work. Staff kept pushing me to go to businesses/tailors they obviously would have gotten commission from. When I decided to switch to another hotel after one night, the front desk girl was very rude and annoyed. The shower and A/C worked well though.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank montanalove1000

Travellers are raving about these Hoi An hotels

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

I didn't really enjoy the couple of nights I spent in the Phuong Duong Hotel. Although the rooms look as they're good value-for-money, all different kinds of bugs in the room (crawling over the bed and all over the bathroom) made my stay not quite pleasant. A/C makes a lot of noise as does the traffic throughout the night.
One plus is the friendly staff who can help out with all your travel plans.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Giant J
Paris, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

The room here are moderate, friendly staff, the room we stay in is decent and clean,the thing i love most is that this hotel is a walking distant to downtown hoi an. And very close to the spa i go to.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank rachelray1991
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

On arrival this hotel seemed ok. It was clean enought but nothing special. When I tried to use the Internet the wifi didn't work, on going downstairs to question the girl behind the desk her response was for me to open the window! If that didn't work I could sit outside to use it. Opening the window didn't work. So sitting outside it was, which lead to every easy rider motor bike tour to stop and try and sell me a trip. The next day I asked a different lady about the Internet she said someone was coming to fix it but they are busy. The Internet never worked in the room for the duration of our stay.

The first night we arrived back at the hotel after a meal the man on reception (with limited English) wouldn't give us are key. In the end after me telling him our room number several time he phoned his brother and I spoke with him saying we just wanted the key to our room. The he gave to us but it was an unessasery fuss just to get into our room!

The keys were always left on the top of the counter with little concern for who is taking which key.

On needing to book a hotel for our next stop (still in Vietnam) I went to reseption to ask them to book it for me. This all seemed like a lot of effort for her and she just passed the phone to me just seconds after contecting the call. When I had finished the call she said she will add the 15,000 to our bill! I questioned this saying every other hotel had booked rooms for use without any charge. I questioned it some more and she said I just had to pay 10,000. Now I know this isn't a lot of money but the fact they let me make the phone call then said after I have to pay is awful.

The hotel it's self is ok for the price and location but there customer service leaves much to be desired. I would not recommend this place its the worst treatment we have revived in Vietnam.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Rachj87
Virgin, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

We arrived early after a long flight and were still able to access our room which was much appreciated.
The staff are friendly and service excellent, There was no bathtub in the bath room but it's no complaint - the toilet and bath area was in good size. Good option for budget travelers.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Colonie S
Gloucester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

First off- Hoi An isn't the cheapest place to stay in Vietnam. When you arrive at this place- there's a sign on the wall indicating room prices. Ignore this- because they do. We agreed to a room with private bathroom for $16. The room was cleaner and safer than many we had seen a similar price range. Location is a 10 minute walk to Hoi An centre. Wifi is temperamental but router just needs switching on and odd (if its on your floor just do it yourself). It's no frills, it will do the job.

• Stayed July 2013