“Great Value No Scamming !”
Review of Tan Phuong

and 1 more site!
Tan Phuong
Ranked #129 of 147 Hotels in Hoi An
“Great Value No Scamming !”
Reviewed 25 October 2011

We were treated with utmost respect. At first the manager did try sell everything in hoi an to us but after a single decline we weren't bothered again. When I got the bill I couldn't believe how little it cost. As a backpacker I think this was a great choice for us as it was soo well priced and had everything I needed and we were never taken advantage of. Highly recommend it!
Mike, South Africa

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Mikeykoen

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We went there without reservation because they picked us up from the bus with bunch of other tourists. They said this hotel has it all but it isnt that black and white.

Reception and doors closed up weirdly early and the night off turned Wi-Fi was annoying. Rooms were dirty and the bar next to the hotel wasnt helping

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank gimmiebest

Travellers are raving about these Hoi An hotels

Hoi An, Vietnam
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I checked into the hotel with a group, and we got a few rooms. The issues with the manager were as follows;
- Organized a twin room for two in the group who were to turn up later that night. When they turned up, no twin room was available anymore, so they had to each spend more on singles.
- Was offered a single room for $6, or $8 with aircon. Booked the $8 room, only to find it impossible to turn air conditioning on. Went to speak to manager, and suddenly he claimed $8 room also had no aircon. When I pushed pushed the issue, he claimed to "forget to enable aircon", and fixed the issue.
- No hot water in the morning in most of our rooms.
- Rooms were dirty, cigarette butt left on the floor of the bathroom in one of the rooms. Upon complaining, it still wasn't cleaned up.
- Stains on the sheets.
- Turned internet off at 11:30pm, so wifi didn't work anymore.
- Closed off common area at an early time, and sent guests to their rooms.

Definitely the worst hotel I have stayed in on trip through Vietnam. You can do better elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Adamp3
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 3 July 2011

I stayed in this hotel for about a month, because I was looking for a house in Hoi An (I live here now). During my stay there were multiple incidents about which I would like to warn single female travellers about. The manager, Phuong, seems pretty nice at first. However, after my friend left he became pretty aggressive. Kept on inviting me for beers in MY room, kept on hugging me at night and touching me at places he really shouldnt even come close to, knocking on my door either late at night or really early in the morning, trying to let himself in. The end of the story is that he put big amounts of beer, water and laundry on my bill that I really didnt use, but since I had no proof I had to pay for it. During my stay there I saw several people being ripped off for his tours, and being taken to his tailor that he takes about 50% commission from. (really high and not a good tailor!)

Also, in Jan, a bar opened next door ( I think it is owned by the manager as well as it carries his name) and it starts playing extremely loud techno music at 7 am.

All and all, the rooms are quite good value for money, but I would not recommend this to anyone since the owner scams everyone.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Emmelie V
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 19 June 2011

I stayed in this little hotel 11 nights alone and came back with a friend for 5 nights more.
The rooms are clean and in every room is a well running refrigator and air-con.
The staff is very friendly; they offer breakfast, lunch and dinner; motobikes and bicycles, free internet, laundry, all kind of tour tickets; it's also possible to hire motocycles there from a German-Vietnamese joint venture in Hoi An, we had a motocycle for two days, very good quality for a fair price; it's also possible to go with the motocycle to south or north and leave it for example in Nha Trang and some other cities.
You don't have to be worried about your lagguge or valuables in the room.
The price for rooms and especially the beverages in the hotel are cheap.
For me it was luck to find this hotel, I enjoyed the time there very much.

Steve, Germany

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Hoi An, Vietnam
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Reception:
At reception desk was manager of the hotel he make me fell welcome and show me the room for $8 this was included Air conditioner, WiFi, TV, free bicycle, free parking, and hot water, great value for your money.
Stuff very friendly pleasant and very very helpful, which make me feel like home.
Room
Room very clean and very well furnished, to an addition to air conditioner I had fan and small fridge with cold beer and cold drinking water. Bed very comfortable with clean sheets and blanket, to my surprise I didn't hear any noise coming from street, I slept like baby. Hotel located close to market and old town.
I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends.
Stayed there for 1 week and love it.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank travelerjohn80
Auckland
Reviewed 5 April 2011

After reading the last review, I was reluctant to stay there, but it was cheap and close to everything. I thought the last review was not justified- however, the Vietnamese are always looking for opportunities to make money and it is their culture. The manager is very friendly and to call him a scam artist is taking it a bit far.Of course, he, like everyone else in Hoi An tries to sell something, but when I said NO, he certainly didnt push me.It's all part of the fun but the other reviewer as mentioned had just spent 24 hours on a bus, so it is understandable he was stressed. I am used to travelling in Asia and this is the way things are done- either accept it or dont go there. The rooms are basic and do need upgrading, so dont expect the Hilton, however like everything else, you get what you pay for. It was withing walking distance of everywhere and half the price of many other hotels we looked at. I thought the staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple