“OK for location and price”
Review of Tan Phuong

and 1 more site!
Tan Phuong
Ranked #140 of 163 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Dont come with tout, Taxi or "friendly locals"!
The 8Dollars for a double room hot shower andTV in "clen" Room for Vietnam is ok. But dont expect a bargain.
They tried not to give us a room but to bring us to their homestay, further away. Much nicer for only little more they told us. We did not want to be further away as Hoi An is a place for one afternoon, not more, a very expensive shopping mall full of scammers.
No prob if you miss it you mainly missed some ancient scams, no more.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 June 2013

The rooms were tidy and clean for the price we paid. After reading other reviews in regards to the manager we were very wary of him however he only tried to take us to his brother or cousins tailor shop once and there was no further talk of tailoring and pushing us into tours during our stay.

Breakfast was greasy, however was included in the room. But if able to get the room cheaper with no breakfast we would highly recommend this and go to the lady two doors down for yum pancakes.

All in all not a bad place considering the location and price. A reasonable place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Naomi S
Reviewed 14 April 2013

The staff are very pushy...constantly trying to sell you tours.
The manager is manipulative and nosy and often acts in an inappropriate way.

The food is greasy and dull.

Be careful what you tell the staff here..they are very indiscreet and will use it to embarass you.
Avoid this place like the plague!

Room Tip: Don't stay here...you'll regret it!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I am currently staying at Tan Phuong Hotel. Arrived there because my driver convienently dropped me there. I imagine there is some comission involved there. Even though I explained to them that I was looking for a room cheaper than $10 they wouldnt let me go. After 30 minutes, they decided to finally show me a $7 room, that's probably worth about 3. I am a backpacker so I don't mind too much, but the shower-toilet (understand squat toilet cubicle with shower on top, so you shower at the same place where you relieve yourself) is quite interesting. There was also a problem with the lights and instead of fixing it straight away, they tried again to sell me the $10 one. When I accepted the room, they harassed me at least 7 times in 10 minutes for me to give them my passport. Other annoying details including them charging me for using their phone even though the call lasted a minute, them advertising the free computers at the reception when only one works. When mentionned, they did not even care. And when I bought my bus through them, they tried to charge me more (when converting from dollars to dong, they nicely added a few mysterious thousands), but thankfully, I realised in time. The cleaners scream in the corridor at 7am. Finally only one plug socket works in the room (one completely comes off the wall!) so you have to choose between watching tv or using the fan. They are desperate and they dont even try to be nice to their customers. I think when I leave tomorrow, I will advise them to go and read their review on Trip Advisor

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank froggyfran
Reviewed 5 December 2012 via mobile

Well, accommodation is really expensive in Hoi An normally cause there are no real hostels. I found this place and they gave me a single room (big!) with a fan, private bathroom and a huge bed for 5 dollars. What was more to expect than a mouldy and dirty room? And that's what I got.
The man (the owner) is always trying to sell you trips and tickets, and he can hardly accept if you buy tickets anywhere else though you've got it cheaper. The woman and the girl speak really bad English, and when the owner is not at the hotel most of the day it gets difficult to communicate which is why I didn't buy my tickets from them. They use a bus company with bad ratings and many accidents in their scrapbook, and the girl told me that the internet lied, because it was the best company... That made her seem to be a really untrue person to me, so I didn't book anything.
They close the door outside at 10-11 pm so every night I came back home I had to yell and knock the door to wake up another old man who is working there and sleep in the reception every single night...
Well! If you don't mind to sleep in a mouldy place, a staff that's ALWAYS trying to get your money and never let you relax so that you have to wake up the angry receptionist every night to enter the hotel, this is a good hotel for a cheap price.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Kasper-Hz
Reviewed 20 November 2012 via mobile

Rooms smell really bad and evrything is humid and full of mold... Even the head lamp and cushions were rotten!!

The bad room is very small and the rooms are on the small side also.

There is a fridge, TV and wifi in the room but go on Ba Trieu street just 5 minute walk from there closer to town and you'll find better hotels at same price (10$/night).

Don't let them charge you more for AC and stuff like this just pretend you leave and they will include it right away.

AVOID IT!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Cathlitalien
Reviewed 10 November 2012

When we arrived 2 of our friends had booked in and were told $8 per night for the room. We asked for the same deal but were told due to them only having a big room available ( 3 double beds) that it would be $13. We managed to slightly bargain to pay $21 for 2 nights. At first the staff seemed friendly, however this changed when the next day we were told we had to move rooms or pay an extra $5. After numerous arguments with the manager and the lady working there trying to tell them we had agreed a price and that is what we are paying for the same room we didn't get anywhere. Normally I wouldn't mind changing rooms but I had a stomach bug which they showed no sympathy for . We found the staff severely lacking good customer service. This is the worst place we have stayed in since arriving in Asia 2 months ago.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple