“Excellent Customer Service”

Ranked #141 of 157 Hotels in Hoi An
Bialobrzegi, Poland
“Excellent Customer Service”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The bright and cheerful staff at this hotel must rate as the friendliest of any hotel I have stayed at anywhere in the world. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, especially the girls on reception who greeted us with enthusiasm each time we appeared. They were knowledgable about Hoi An, making excellent recommendations for trips to My Son. Our departure was almost tearful, as saying goodbye to the girls was like saying goodbye to family. Definitely consider booking at this hotel; you will not regret it.Thank and love to Luan.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Bathurst, Australia
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

To start with, this hotel is beautiful to look at, starting to show its age but the character is gorgeous. Our bathroom was big with a rainhead shower and huge bathtub. Private area for bed, big room and beautiful decor. Lovely pool, great location 2 mins walk to the action and really sweet staff. We left at 4am this morning and they got up and packed us a breakfast to take away. Nothing to much trouble.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed here in early oct. We picked this hotel for its reviews on trip advisor and its location. We had two rooms over our stay due to the staff moving us due to some renovations. Our first room was lovely even though the toilet and shower are in the same cubicle. We got to see the local children go to school and although noisy it didnt make that much difference to us. The second room was a family suite which was also nice.There was no information on the hotel or the town in the rooms which I found odd and the fridge was turned off at the wall so no cold drinks. In both rooms we only had 1 coffee 1 tea and 2 sugars, when we enquired about getting more we were told that we were only allowed 1 per day....Breakfast was disgraceful, with staff standing around texting instead of checking on food supplies. Possibly the worst part was being told that we must pay in cash as they dont accept credit card! Also I brought some jewelery from a local shop and it was going to be delievered to me by a certain time, an hour after it was due I asked reception if anyone had come, and the bluntly told me no, I rang the shop and she had been 3 times and they refused to contact me; when I met the shop assistant at reception she pointed out the same receptionist who seemly told her that we had gone. Very disappointed and I wont return here for my next stay, pity it has so much potential.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter Lisa G
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I had booked this hotel for 4 nights in October for our family of 4. I was not expecting the ritz but I did expect a clean room.
We checked in, which was fine, and when we got to our room were rather surprised to find it was much smaller that I had been told and the kids beds were up a very steep flight of wooden stairs.
The rooms were dark, bathroom even darker. The water was brown, even after running it for 10 minutes. The kids roof had holes in it, which had we stayed would have been a disaster on the night of Typhoon Nari! But worst of all, the pillows were dirty and the bed spread not just dirty, it was filthy. I called reception and they came to change the bedding and apologised. After travelling, and a very late night in Saigon the previous night, we decided to stay as we were very tired and hungry. We went over the bridge into town and had a delicious meal at one of our favourites, Morning Glory. As soon as I woke the next morning I went for a run in search of alternative accommodation, which I found , The Phu Thinh Boutique Resort & Spa, wonderful and I have written a separate review on it.
I told them we were checking out which they didn't seem surprised or bothered about and off we went.
Oh one other thing, we were woken up at 7am by the school next door. The teacher used a megaphone to communicate with the kids and then proceeded to bang her drums, had it been sweet music we were woken too I wouldn't have minded but boy could she shout. The only good thing about this hotel, location, it is just by the bridge which goes to the main street in Hoi An. It cost $98.50 for our room per night B&B, my husband and kids said the breakfast was awful. The hotel we found cost us $135 B&B for 2 rooms and a yummy breakfast. Spend the extra!

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank FABdubai

Travellers are raving about these Hoi An hotels

Kuranda, Australia
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We arrived without a booking and found ourselves in a $50 room without a balcony but right outside the lovely pool. We loved this large nicely decorated room, with space to spread out, even a tea nook for cups of tea while keeping an eye on my son as he swam in the pool. Breakfasts were really good with nice range of food, lots of fresh fruit and both Asian and western choices. Spa bath didn't appear to work and hot water didn't seem to either but it didn't matter.Staff didn't speak much English but were very friendly and helpful. Free bikes were handy to explore the streets. And the location is fantastic! Away from the noise and crowds but overlooking the river and all the action. Lovely views at night with all the lanterns across the water. Very glad we stumbled across this hotel.

Room Tip: ask to see the room before you decide
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel - I returned because of the great location, nice decor, pool and the professionalism and helpfulness of the staff during our first visit. Unfortunately my second visit was during a typhoon, and we did not have power for most of our stay there. If you travel to Hoi An at this time of year, I'd suggest you find out which hotels have generators, as you may encounter bad weather, flooding and blackouts. We can do without the wifi and hot water in this warm weather, but would have liked lights, or even a torch in the room. We were given a lit candle on our last night there. The staff on duty during this visit did not speak very much English, and actually told us when we asked, that the hotel does not ever flood. If you look back through photos on Trip Advisor, you will see that it certainly does. There was just some minor flooding to the lower level the last night of our stay, and we were moved to a higher level floor this night. The staff did their best to serve us what breakfast they were able to obtain and cook with gas during the height of the typhoon. The buffet breakfast was lovely when in full service.

The weather reports we accessed before arriving in Hoi An were mixed, and we suspected we may be caught in flooding. But once we arrived there, many locals told us that the weather would be fine. Luckily we found one very honest shopkeeper, who said that a typhoon and flooding was probable. She said that once we saw a car with a loud speaker going around the streets giving instructions in Vietnamese, that the storm would hit. A restaurant owner the following day said that the message from the speakers that day said that the storm and flooding has finished and take care. We had higher flooding that night. It's sad that the town loses money from the tourists during the inevitable flooding each year, but dissappointing that the locals can be dishonest just to keep you there. We walked through flood waters, ranging from ankle deep to mid thigh, so it wouldn't be advisable to go during flooding with and injuries or disabilities.

I'd stay at this hotel again, but not during their flood season.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This is the second time we have stayed here. The hotel is in a perfect location, walking distance to all of the Hoi An old city attractions. There is also bicycles available for free which is a great way to get around. We had travelled by train overnight to Danang so appreciated the warm welcome and easy check-in. The room we had was very spacious, airy, and although a little tired looking was very clean and had a soft bed!! The breakfast had a fairly large choice and the pancakes were a really yummy! The hotel is tastefully decorated and our room had a balcony overlooking the pool which was a great way to cool off from the Hoi An heat.This hotel is fantastically priced and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family