“Fantastic Hotel, let down a little by average staff and shuttle driver”
Review of Like Hoi An Hotel

Like Hoi An Hotel
Ranked #63 of 157 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed 20 July 2011

This hotel is fantastic, the bedroom and bathroom are spacious and beautifully appointed. The buffet breakfast is excellent with superb cooked to order eggs! The pool area is nice and a welcome escape from the heat in Hoi An. Beyond this however our experience was pretty average. The staff are very lazy as far as helping you with anything. The adjoining travel agent totally useless. The hotel is about a 15-20 minute walk to the main old town of Hoi An and because of this the hotel provides a free shuttle. Whilst this is a nice service it was very unreliable. Supposedly running every 30 mins according to the posted timetable, on numerous occasions it did not arrive at all. One evening we waited in town at the sister hotel (pick up point) for 45 mins until asking the staff for the second time "is the shuttle coming?", next thing a private taxi pulls up, turns out the shuttle driver was AWOL. This unfortunately happened numerous times in our 4 days in Hoi An. Our advice is to forget the shuttle and take the free bicycles, it's a 5 min flat cycle to town.

If you can get over the somewhat lackluster service we received the hotel is great and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Hotel staff also failed to tell us it's ILLEGAL to take bicycles into the Old Town on Full Moon...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrRGW
There are newer reviews for Like Hoi An Hotel

Reviewed 21 June 2011

One hour after we arrived at the hotel, the manager started to be very pushy about taking us to the affiliated tailorshop. At first glance, it seemed ok. My friend and I ordered 3 items (price was ok). They asked us to pay the entire amount of the order, telling that we had to trust them because they didn't want to have bad reviews.

When we came back the next day, nothing was fitting well so they told us they would fix it during the day. We came back 3 times for more fittings and only small changes were maid. One piece of clothes was maid so small that I wasn't able to put it on by myself. They have bring me to the house of the tailor and I waited 1 hour watching them trying to fix the problem.

After 3 fittings, it was
better but still unweara
ble. I asked for a refund, because it wad obviously not going to work an they insisted to do another fitting. I refused and they got mad and started yelling at me and my friend.

After a one hour argument with the staff of the tailorshop we came back to the hotel to discuss with the manager who told us to come with him to the tailorshop because he wanted to hear both versions of the story. It was simple, I was unable to wear the piece of clothe I had ordered because it was to small (without elaborating on the poor quality of it)! Finally, he said that it couldn't do anything for us.

This was a very bad experience!!! Hotel is ok but the experience around it wad very disappointing.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Exotikfruit
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I stayed here four nights and it was fine - breakfast good, rooms spacious and pool area pleasant (although the pool was mostly shaded). It's quite a distance from the town compared to it's sister hotel and others in Hoi An and probably not worth the hassle given the level of service etc.

Some staff were lovely but others were quite rude and unhelpful. I had problems checkin out as they tried charging for an extra day but this was resolved after a few phone calls.

I stayed in a standard room - it was nice with good, clean bathroom but on the 2nd day there was a really strong smell of sewage on the ground floor and this reoccured doe long periods throughout my stay - the smell was so strong one morning it woke me up at 7am.

They charge you to book swap and spa is OK but other, more relaxing ones close by for cheaper.

Overall it's an oK place, I wouldn't rave about it and would probably look for somewhere in a better location I revisited Hoi An.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights and wished we had stayed longer. We were in the deluxe room 1 on the 3rd floor and we felt like royalty. It had a beautiful open plan living and a nice modern Asian decor. The tour desk was usually unattended so we just used the reception desk with the lovely ladies on the front. They helped us alot with tours to my son, marble mountain, cooking classes and airport tranfers (which was cheaper than our taxi to the hotel from the airport). The pool is small but refreshing with a nice tropical decor around the pool. Breakfast was good with a variety of western and vietnamese dishes, and if you leave too early for bfast to go to the airport they packed bfast for you. The only down sides to the hotel was the distance from the old town and the 'oh so common' hard bed situation in Vietnam the bed was better than other places tho. However they have a complimentary car that comes every half hour to and from there other hotel located in the old town and you can hire free bikes which have locks on it. if you do want to walk it takes bout 15mins to get to the old town.
Overall great hotel with rooms ranging from between US$20-45 which I thought was a bargain considering the value we got.

Reviewed 6 June 2011

On arrival we had to haggle down the price with the receptionist - down to the price advertised on their website.
They don't let you swap books from their bookshelf as it is under lock and key - if you want to swap a book you must pay the hotel $2!! I found this hilarious as the books are clearly what guests have left behind. I went for a swim and left my sunglasses next to the pool and they were stolen.
The hotel staff tried to literally force us to use one of their taxis to the airport in Danang and to use one of their over-priced tours to My Son. Both of which we politely refused and used alternitive and cheaper means.
The pool is nice and the rooms are cheap - IF you can get the staff to agree to their own advertised rates.

Reviewed 3 June 2011

A modern hotel with friendly, helpful staff. This place is great value for money and the buffet breakfast included in the price is fantastic! The swimming pool is not huge but it's well-maintained and provides a great place to relax. A free shuttle service into the centre is an added bonus and being slightly out of town is only a benefit for the hotel is in a slightly quiter setting. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Reviewed 3 June 2011

We are 4 friends in our mid-50s, spent 4 nights here and the rooms were very clean and comfortable, bathrooms huge, pool a welcome relief on a hot afternoon, a shuttle car or free taxi always arranged to transport us into Hoi An old town 3mins away, included breakfast was terrific as were the staff. Overall could not have been happier.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends