“Enjoyable stay at Than Van 2 Hotel”
Review of Like Hoi An Hotel

Like Hoi An Hotel
Ranked #65 of 159 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed 29 July 2011

The hotel is located at only 5/10 minutes from the ancient Town. We were really surprised to find such a wonderful / big room with AC, large bathroom with hot water for the price of USD 30,- incl. breakfast. The hotel has a small swimming pool, SPA and several computers with free internet. They also provide a shuttle to the Ancient Town.

Very friendly personnel and good service.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Amazing! Ridiculously good value. Really plush rooms with gorgeous balcony and bathroom. Free bikes and wifi were also a plus. We couldn't believe how great it was. A few blocks from town/cbd but not too far. Staff were really approachable. There tailor was a bit pushy though. We'll definetly stay here on our next visit to Hoi An.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I am writing this report laying by the pool, I have travelled a lot in SE Asia and this hotel was a pleasant suprise. On opening the door to the room I was impressed on the size of the room and the taste full Asian decoration. For 30usd a night I this is great value, sure you can find cheaper but stay here and treat yourself.

I have decided to extend my stay at this hotel am my Vietnamese girl friend both agree it's a great place

A little out of town but have a free shuttle bus every 1/2 hour

Come and check it out

Only downside is the wifi comes and goes

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Spent 15 nights here. Staff very friendly, food excellent and the rooms twice the size of other hotels and half the price. A 10 to 15 minute dawdle into the old town or grab a free bicycle or shuttle. Easy to travel around town just look everywhere when biking!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Raylene52
Reviewed 20 July 2011

This hotel is fantastic, the bedroom and bathroom are spacious and beautifully appointed. The buffet breakfast is excellent with superb cooked to order eggs! The pool area is nice and a welcome escape from the heat in Hoi An. Beyond this however our experience was pretty average. The staff are very lazy as far as helping you with anything. The adjoining travel agent totally useless. The hotel is about a 15-20 minute walk to the main old town of Hoi An and because of this the hotel provides a free shuttle. Whilst this is a nice service it was very unreliable. Supposedly running every 30 mins according to the posted timetable, on numerous occasions it did not arrive at all. One evening we waited in town at the sister hotel (pick up point) for 45 mins until asking the staff for the second time "is the shuttle coming?", next thing a private taxi pulls up, turns out the shuttle driver was AWOL. This unfortunately happened numerous times in our 4 days in Hoi An. Our advice is to forget the shuttle and take the free bicycles, it's a 5 min flat cycle to town.

If you can get over the somewhat lackluster service we received the hotel is great and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Hotel staff also failed to tell us it's ILLEGAL to take bicycles into the Old Town on Full Moon...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrRGW
Reviewed 21 June 2011

One hour after we arrived at the hotel, the manager started to be very pushy about taking us to the affiliated tailorshop. At first glance, it seemed ok. My friend and I ordered 3 items (price was ok). They asked us to pay the entire amount of the order, telling that we had to trust them because they didn't want to have bad reviews.

When we came back the next day, nothing was fitting well so they told us they would fix it during the day. We came back 3 times for more fittings and only small changes were maid. One piece of clothes was maid so small that I wasn't able to put it on by myself. They have bring me to the house of the tailor and I waited 1 hour watching them trying to fix the problem.

After 3 fittings, it was
better but still unweara
ble. I asked for a refund, because it wad obviously not going to work an they insisted to do another fitting. I refused and they got mad and started yelling at me and my friend.

After a one hour argument with the staff of the tailorshop we came back to the hotel to discuss with the manager who told us to come with him to the tailorshop because he wanted to hear both versions of the story. It was simple, I was unable to wear the piece of clothe I had ordered because it was to small (without elaborating on the poor quality of it)! Finally, he said that it couldn't do anything for us.

This was a very bad experience!!! Hotel is ok but the experience around it wad very disappointing.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Exotikfruit
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I stayed here four nights and it was fine - breakfast good, rooms spacious and pool area pleasant (although the pool was mostly shaded). It's quite a distance from the town compared to it's sister hotel and others in Hoi An and probably not worth the hassle given the level of service etc.

Some staff were lovely but others were quite rude and unhelpful. I had problems checkin out as they tried charging for an extra day but this was resolved after a few phone calls.

I stayed in a standard room - it was nice with good, clean bathroom but on the 2nd day there was a really strong smell of sewage on the ground floor and this reoccured doe long periods throughout my stay - the smell was so strong one morning it woke me up at 7am.

They charge you to book swap and spa is OK but other, more relaxing ones close by for cheaper.

Overall it's an oK place, I wouldn't rave about it and would probably look for somewhere in a better location I revisited Hoi An.

• Stayed: June 2011