“Value for Money Hotel”

Ranked #65 of 152 Hotels in Hoi An
hanoi, vietnam
“Value for Money Hotel”
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Stayed there in 2010 and again 10-13september 2011. Rooms and service are quite the same as in the previous year, except that I think, they now lack of some toiletries.

Buffet breakfast has improved with more items but some of the cold cuts are not as fresh as we had expected. Owner is usually around over breakfast period, to say a good morning or hello to the guests which is a kind gesture.

Could be we were there during the low season but let's see if it improves in our next trip?

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Vietnamese first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 9 September 2011

The best thing about this hotel were the rooms. Very big and tastefully decorated, and ask for a room in the corner, because the bathroom is huge.

The hotel itself was average.
Liked:
* the rooms, as I said
* bicycles free of charge
* computers in reception area, very fast

Disliked:
* very NOISY! Hammering in the hotel started at 6:45 AM. Very bad, considering the main purpose of a hotel is a place to sleep. Also across the street they were building something, so you could never rest.
* Room was leaking, huge spots on the ceiling and it was dripping all the time.
* I got the feeling that reception staff sometimes didn't know what it was doing
* internet didn't work in the room
* breakfast was nothing special (the "fresh milk" was not so fresh anymore, out of date instead)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Sussex
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Stayed at hotel 3 nights last month.2 large twin beds. A/C worked , Clean towels/ hot water. Small pool but ideal for our purposes. Courtesy shuttle to sister hotel every 30 mins. Breakfast satisfactory. As previously advised staff OK except reception who were alouf & offish, not good impression as front of house. Value for money

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Eltham, Australia
Reviewed 28 August 2011

This hotel was very clean and well run. The best part was having my local support manager from Your Local Booking.com meet me as I arrived at the hotel from Hanoi. I trravelled on my own and Phong was really helpful, she took me out to dinner at a local restaurant off the beaten track on my first night and was really informative with her local knowledge. She helped me book into a cooking course I wanted to do and introduced me to a great dressmaker who made me some wonderful clothes, best of all nothing was too much trouble for Phong. She literally adopted me and looked after me so well, I was amazed at her level of support and friendliness. The best part was the trip to Ba Na Hills with her Vietnamese friends which was really special. I felt like part of the family.

Room Tip: Luckily I was upgraded to the honeymoon suite as the aircon in the room I ahd booked waas faulty, bu...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Angela2263
Hoi An
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Stayed here for 5 nights and enjoyed every minute. It's not a plush 5* resort but the rooms are beautiful with dark wood and extremely comfortable kingsize beds. We were particularly impressed with the marble bathroom. Very friendly staff. Good service. Free bikes into the centre (about 5mins away by bike) and overall extremely good value for money - we paid $25 per night (breakfast included - good, buffet breakfast with fresh fruit, breads, hot food and made-to-order omlettes). Thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Wollongong
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Stayed here 4 nights, the rooms are large and clean, The swimming pool is great and shaded most of the day to stop you from getting fried. It is a little way out of town and on a fairly noisey main road. There was some renovations going on, hammering down floor boards which was driving some guests nuts,but I didnt hang around the Hotel all day as there is plenty to do and see in Hoi An (Ancient Village, Marble Mountain and My Son). The cleaners,yard hands and kitchen staff were all friendly.Same cant be said about the reception staff, they wanted to swipe my credit card just for their records even though I had all ready paid and they have a large sign sayin "credit cards not accepted", then accused me of having a faulty card even though it was their machine not working. They rang up and demanded my passport even though they already had it. (Luckily they didn t lose it permanently). Whilst in the middle of booking a tour,one of the rude counter ladies turned her back on me and started yelling in Vietmanese to another staff member.
Get rid of the counter staff and it would be excellent.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Asten (NL)
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We had a very bad experience with this hotel.....
We left an Iphone in a closed room. The staff of the hotel has seen that.
After we came back (4 hours later) the IPhone was gone => IPHONE ROBBED
The cleaning of the room was already done, but the staff could com on the room.
After this accident the STAFFwas NOT HELFUL.

TIP: NEVER GO TO THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family