“Good hotel and location, ok breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Like Hoi An Hotel

Like Hoi An Hotel
Ranked #57 of 141 Hotels in Hoi An
Vientiane, Laos
“Good hotel and location, ok breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

A pretty new hotel 2 blocks from the entrance to the old quarter, giving it a great location, unless you want to party. They gave us a family room, which was huge. One of the largest and nicest bathrooms I've enountered in Asia and a nice view of the city from the 4th floor. The pool looked nice, although we never went in it. They have laundry availble at the hotel for 30,000/kilo - a service we used twice. We spent a lot of our time at the beach (a 20 minute bike ride from the hotel). Breakfast was standard with breads, fruit, eggs (be sure to ask for no oil), ham/bacon, and some fried rice. Nothing special, but decent. I'd opt for scrambled because my man's omelet sucked both mornings. It was really nice that they had bikes for you on site to rent, just get up a bit early to make sure you get a comfy one. We booked the bus to Hue through them and it was a nice comfortable sleeper, took 4 hours and cost us $9. The manager (the older Asian man behind the counter) isn't helpful and pretty indifferent. When asked a question, he either ignores you, doesn't acknowledge you, or just puts you off to someone else. Hoi An is pretty easy to explore yourself so just grab a map, a bike and enjoy the town.

Tip - We used Yaly for tailoring since we were having a 3 piece men's suit made. Their selection of fabric was huge and prices might be a bit higher than elsewhere but service was great. Use tripadvisor to find other recommended tailors. Eat at Balewell.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Vietnamese first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

The hotel is very friendly and clean. A little out of town but I found it a nice walk. Rooms were a good size with KS bed. Bathroom was good but the water was not all that hot, not that it needed to be. My friend had good hot water in his room.
WIFI was not good in room or lobby. LAN in room was excellent. computers and printer in lobby as well. Aircon was very welcome.
Rooms are clean and in good condition.
Staff were very helpful.

Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
hanoi, vietnam
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

Stayed there in 2010 and again 10-13september 2011. Rooms and service are quite the same as in the previous year, except that I think, they now lack of some toiletries.

Buffet breakfast has improved with more items but some of the cold cuts are not as fresh as we had expected. Owner is usually around over breakfast period, to say a good morning or hello to the guests which is a kind gesture.

Could be we were there during the low season but let's see if it improves in our next trip?

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

The best thing about this hotel were the rooms. Very big and tastefully decorated, and ask for a room in the corner, because the bathroom is huge.

The hotel itself was average.
Liked:
* the rooms, as I said
* bicycles free of charge
* computers in reception area, very fast

Disliked:
* very NOISY! Hammering in the hotel started at 6:45 AM. Very bad, considering the main purpose of a hotel is a place to sleep. Also across the street they were building something, so you could never rest.
* Room was leaking, huge spots on the ceiling and it was dripping all the time.
* I got the feeling that reception staff sometimes didn't know what it was doing
* internet didn't work in the room
* breakfast was nothing special (the "fresh milk" was not so fresh anymore, out of date instead)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Sussex
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

Stayed at hotel 3 nights last month.2 large twin beds. A/C worked , Clean towels/ hot water. Small pool but ideal for our purposes. Courtesy shuttle to sister hotel every 30 mins. Breakfast satisfactory. As previously advised staff OK except reception who were alouf & offish, not good impression as front of house. Value for money

Eltham, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

This hotel was very clean and well run. The best part was having my local support manager from Your Local Booking.com meet me as I arrived at the hotel from Hanoi. I trravelled on my own and Phong was really helpful, she took me out to dinner at a local restaurant off the beaten track on my first night and was really informative with her local knowledge. She helped me book into a cooking course I wanted to do and introduced me to a great dressmaker who made me some wonderful clothes, best of all nothing was too much trouble for Phong. She literally adopted me and looked after me so well, I was amazed at her level of support and friendliness. The best part was the trip to Ba Na Hills with her Vietnamese friends which was really special. I felt like part of the family.

Room Tip: Luckily I was upgraded to the honeymoon suite as the aircon in the room I ahd booked waas faulty, bu...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Angela2263
Hoi An
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

Stayed here for 5 nights and enjoyed every minute. It's not a plush 5* resort but the rooms are beautiful with dark wood and extremely comfortable kingsize beds. We were particularly impressed with the marble bathroom. Very friendly staff. Good service. Free bikes into the centre (about 5mins away by bike) and overall extremely good value for money - we paid $25 per night (breakfast included - good, buffet breakfast with fresh fruit, breads, hot food and made-to-order omlettes). Thoroughly recommend.