We stayed here for 3days 2nights. It may be an inconvenience - location wise - if you’re looking forward to walking to and fro between Hoi An town and Thanh Van 2 as the hotel is located outside of the ancient town’s borders. Usually there’s 1 person at the receptionist desk who can converse in English, the others wouldn’t even understand what you’re trying to say. So things might get a little hectic when there are a bunch of people trying to communicate at once with the receptionist.
• We tried walking, there’s quite a distance, and it’s definitely not the take-a-brisk-5-minute-walk-to-a-café kind of short walk. Also, it starts getting dark around 6:30-7:00pm (it was July - summer - when we visited) and there aren’t that many street lamps. But Hoi An seems to be a peaceful place though.
• The hotel provides shuttle bus services that are limited to transfers between Thanh Van and Thanh Van 2 Hotels. Thanh Van is nearer to the old Hoi An town.
• You can borrow bicycles free-of-charge, just don’t lose them or rent a motorbike instead.
• Another option is to get the hotel’s receptionist to call for a taxi to get to the town, they charge by the meter (usually less than 25,000 VND, certain streets within Hoi An town is not accessible via car). Avoid taking taxi services if their fare isn’t charged based on meter as the prices are usually doubled.
• Trishaw (they call it cyclo there) rides are pricey for local standards, but go for it if you want a slow-paced tour around the Hoi An quarters.
WiFi is available, but it seems that connection isn’t the best when we’re in our rooms. As usual, computers (desktops) are available in the lobby with internet connection.
A swimming pool is available; it’s not large by any means but clean.
Sheets are clean but not pressed; it seems that this is a common practice in less luxurious hotels in Vietnam.
Bathroom was exceptionally large, but the floor was very dusty. It’s like no one has stayed for too long and the cleaners didn’t bother to mop the floor.
Buffet style. They had cheese! Haha. The food was not bad, I think it changes every other day as breakfasts we had for 2 consecutive days were different.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Like Hoi An Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.