“Peaceful and friendly Hotel”
Review of Like Hoi An Hotel

Like Hoi An Hotel
Ranked #66 of 159 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This hotel stays in the main street in Hoi An. From this hotel, you can walk or ride by bicycle to Ancient Town (free bicycle by the Hotel). If use bicycles, it takes about 15 minutes to Ancient Town. The service is rather good compare to the price. This hotel makes me feel very peaceful.
You can go overnight and the receptionist always wait for you with lovely smile. I like this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
truongvinh, Manager at Like Hoi An Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Sammy ,
Greetings from Thanh Van 2 Hotel . Thanks a lot of from your good comments .It’s really a valuable recommend and that’s is a big encouragement for our hotel . We are so delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
In the future , we try improving our services to get more good reviews . So, if you have any idea about our hotel , we hope you will let us know about that . We always listen from you.
Hope see you again in Hoi An and don’t forget to contact with us to make reservation .
Have a nice time ,
Best regard ,
Hotel Management
Mr Vinh

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Well, from where to start....i went there day before and asked them to show me the rooms available, since i needed one next day. They showed me delux room and superior room on the 3 floor. I said...good, ill come tomorrow and take the superiour room on the 3 floor u showed me. Alright, they told...we keep it for you. Thanks, i said, i make my booking in web for superiour room and see you tomorrow...confirmed, that is it sure i can get the room with balcony 3 floor what u just showed me...answer was"of course". What made me a bit suspicious was, that they really didnt want me to make my booking on web, but pay directly to frontdesk....hmmm, i thought, why?
Alright, i met some arrogant attitude already....but ok, room was still just fine. So, i arrived there next day...said im here now and i made my booking in web, so can i go now in my room in 3 floor. Ohhh...they showed me the room on the 1 floor or something, no balcony, not even window you can see through...and told...thats your room....i told..not good, not good at all, i was here yesterday and the room you showed me was deffenetly not that one. Their response was....well, you booked in web, we have 20% discount there, and now u take that room....since you didnt want to pay in to frontdesk, where they dont accept mastercard. And since you booked in web, were here yesterday and asked us to save you a room...now you have booked 2 rooms:)))). Ohhh, really....nothing so redicolous i have never heard...im solo traveller and i always book 2 rooms just for myself:))).
My response was, that hello out there, thats why i came here yesterday to see how your rooms look like and if im happy, i book it in web and come tomorrow. It was not ab 20% discount on web, it was ab im able to pay for the room with mastercard and my travelinsurance runs with my mastercard, if i pay with it....but for them, it probably was ab 20% and ...well yeah...i still got my 3 floor room with balcony.....:).
Alright...i checked in ab 11 am, went out of my room ab 12-13pm. Before that i did some photodownloadings from my camera to my USBstick. I came back to hotel....and what is not there, is my USB and camera connection kit...lovely....there suppose not have been noone in my room same day i check in. When i askedab it...their response was....you forgot it in last hotel, you forgot it in beach, you forgot it in restaurant, you.....anyway, you have lost it yourself or you never had it:))). Well, if i wouldnt have downloading my photos in that hotel in that afternoon....i couldnt be sure 100%, but....i am sure. I left it on mirrortable.....and i always, alwyas know where i put my stuff...
After that they told me, that they will check the camera if someone has been in my room and telling me they watched camera 5 hours and noone has been there...ok...before leaving hotel, i simply asked them to show me where the cameras are placed in hotel, is it really possible to see who is entering my room or not. I was in 3 floor, camera showing same roomtype was just on the 1 floor, not 2 floor, not 3 floor. There was camera on 3 floor, but not in place you can see the room 308 who is coming or going....anyway...the talk ab we checed the camera and we saw noone to go in or out...was pure lie...cause such a camera in place to see room 308 did not exist...
After that..i was really angry, cause i lost lots of my photos, in so called 3 star hotel:))), they still tried to convince me, that im stupid. They told me, that if someone took it, why they left other things....indeed...all other things...my i pad, my camera, my phone, my money and cards.....all other things i had with me while i was out....
Anyway, the attitude i met there was extremely arrogant and bad since i stepd in that hotel lobby, it got worse after my things were missing from my room....and they just had nothing much to say...just that im a hard person:). Really? Everything was not ab USB memorystick, but i lost my photos...so sad...hopefully they enjoy them as much as i would have done.
Always trust your first gut instincts. If you genuinely feel in your heart and soul that something is wrong, it usually is. I ignored that fact, even i felt it the moment i stepd in that hotel, and i learned my lesson.
Happy for people who love that place, but my advice.....dishonest, disrespectful, arrogant and very bad attitude people work there, at least those ones i had to communicate...
So...yeah, thats my experience ab that place....and others....be careful with your valuables...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Kersti K
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights an d were extremely pleased. The pool was beautiful and extremely refreshing! Our room was very spacious, clean and had the best sleep of our trip here. We had a little sitting area, huge bathroom with a bathtub and balcony. It was a little bit outside of the old town, about a 15 minutes walk or 5 min bike ride. There is also a free shuttle that runs on the hour. We took advantage of the free bikes, which made getting around town very easy. Free breakfast were decent and the staff was always very helpful!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed 3 nights in this hotel and were extremely happy with all aspects. The staff were very friendly and helpful, including assisting with organising our on-ward travel. It was fantastic to use free bikes to get around and only a short ride to town or the beach. We didn't use the free shuttle to town, as we preferred to walk, however the shuttle would be a big help to weary or older travelers.
Our room was HUGE and totally comfortable, including a nice bathroom. The pool was great, especially after a hot day out and about. Breakfast was very good value - large selection of options.

We would highly recommend this hotel to travelers wanting to avoid the bustle of the main town area. The beach is also worth visiting as it is clean, beautiful and has some nice restaurants.

Room Tip: We had a huge room on the first floor, overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed in Thanh Van for 3 nights. It was a lovely experience. The hotel staff was very friendly and greeted us by name when we entered and left the hotel. Very helpful and helped us connect with the tailor shop next door. Thanh Van Tailor an ABSOLUTE must do!! The breakfast was good, plenty of options, fruits, pastries, eggs to order, coffee tea and juice. We enjoyed every morning on the outdoor patio. Location is great, near the tailors and just a 5-10 minute walk to the riverfront. 20 minute bike ride to the beach, and bike rentals located just outside the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Spete1015
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Good hotel about 1km outside town and 3km from beach. Very clean hotel, helpful staff with excellent English and alot of knowledge of the area. Get the free bikes available and cycle around for best experience.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Great staff, bubbly and fun, we stayed in a superior room for 5 nights, our mini palace, extremely clean, large comfy bed, great shower, buffet breakfast with lots of choices. 1km from city, nice pleasant walk, or take one of the free bikes provided. They also have a shuttle bus every hour to town, we prefer to walk or bike. Can be a wee bit noisy as on a busy main road, overall I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
truongvinh, Manager at Like Hoi An Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Mrs Ruth Etheve ,
Warmest from Thanh Van 2 Hotel . Thanks a lot of for your spending time with us and for your nice comments . We are truly appreciate it .It’s a big encouragement for our hotel . We are so delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you had next nice trips. If you can sharing your experience with us , we are very happy to listen that .

Please recommend our hotel to your friends and let them know that they can get a good price with your recommend . Don’t forget ask them make booking direct with us . And with us , you are always a special customer . We sure we will have surprise for your next staying .
We look forward to welcome you back in Thanh Van 2 Hotel in next trip to Hoi An.
Wish you have all best things ,
Kind regard !