“loving it”

le belhamy resort & spa
Ranked #87 of 163 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed 3 June 2014

lovely resort with exceptionally friendly and nice staff. very friendly receptionist greeted me and helped me checked in asking whether i need help getting my luggage to the room. green spacey out side. elegant from inside . our villa have large pool in garden , room is clean. superb place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank ivanyuchi

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Staff were great at arranging seating for our group of 10, prompt at taking orders for meals. All meals were delivered quickly and enjoyed by all, no criticism from anyone in regards to their food. It was a nice evening at the Inglewood Hotel. Thank you to the staff.
i love the beach very beautyful and green garden.The two bedroom villa provided was very clean and spacious. With a pool, Bathroom is also a good size with a adult sized bath included. TV in the living room many chanel . Only slight issue was air conditioner, as there is only one for the whole apartment. Bedroom doors need to be kept open to get the coolness.The buffet breakfast was also nice and hot with a good variety. Otherwise a great place to stay with happy helpful staff. Good value for Perth expensive standards.

3  Thank dannytayl0r
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great location and free Wi-Fi. have shutle bus to down town The room is gorgeous, and clean. They also offer complimentary bike rental (which I didn't take advantage of).pool is beautyful with font of beach I'd go back here again.

3  Thank nenis g
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights in May 2014. We stayed in a Hoi An garden room which is the cheapest, booked with a tour company on our last leg of a Vietnam and Cambodia tour. We were given a ground floor room, which we immediately asked to be moved from. It was very tired looking and smelt musty. We were then given an upstairs room in another block, still Hoi An garden room but it was bigger and did not smell. We saw other rooms when doors open and they varied greatly so pot luck I think or more expensive options.

But there were a few things that were not good:-
Enclosed shower leaked in one corner and flooded bathroom.
Enclosed shower not too clean, grouting mouldy.
Shower over bath, but no curtain so can't really use it.
Bathroom floor looked dirty most of the time.
Sheets were stained. Clean but had stains on them so really needed new ones. Same with bathroom towels.
Resort information was just a tatty folder with pages coming out.
Airconditioning blew straight onto the bed, could not change it.
No ordinary tea in room, only green tea, and no milk or creamer.
Had a safe in wardrobe but it wasn't screwed down and could just be lifted up and taken.
Breakfast was in the open. The fruit options were in direct sunlight so were not an option. Same with the meats.
One day thought we would have muesli, poured it out of container and two moth like insects came out with it.
Pool near beach looked cloudy.
Had more than one filter cover missing so just big holes at bottom of pool, not good if you got your foot trapped in it.
Life guards who were meant to be there to save lives on beach were nearly always curled up asleep.
Shuttle bus into Hoi An could have been more frequent. One at 4pm, then nothing until 7pm. Although taxis were cheap.
Lunch menu quite expensive.
Everywhere looked as if it needed some TLC or redecoration.

Good things:-
Breakfast staff were lovely.
Reception staff were very helpful.

If you are considering excursions, do some investigations. We wanted to go to Marble Mountain and found that by booking our own taxi to take us and bring us back, we saved a third of the price quoted by the resort.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pajaro2c
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Had a great stay recently. I was horrified at the bad reviews however it was in our price range so I agreed to stay here and my first impression driving through the gates was ARGGHHH!!! as it is right on a busy main road and I thought it was going to be a big concrete jungle (which it wasnt - the gardens are glorious) Following my initial impression I had absolutely nothing to complain about. Check in was easy, room was lovely - no musty smell or fungus anywhere. Air Con was easy to adjust and we did so to ensure it was just right for us. Bathroom was lovely - we used the shower over the bath as the other shower would have left the toilet floor wet. As mentioned elsewhere the shuttle could have been more often however the taxi was quick and cheap - reception staff will call for you. If I had to say anything negative it would be to advise the management to get a friendlier shuttle bus driver - was a bit of a misery with no pleasant greeting to anyone but didn't really affect us.....he drove safely and got us to where we wanted to go. Staff were friendly and helpful - cleaners, gardeners, reception and restaurant staff. Both pools were clean, plenty of sun-loungers on the beach and spa treatment was very relaxing. I too have travelled extensively throughout the world and think that Hoi An is the most beautiful town - I will certainly be returning AND will be staying at Le Belhamy.

5  Thank deb1000
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We were very fortunate to stay in the honeymoon villa on the beach here. It has its own pool, private garden, large bedroom, shower room, bath and beachfront access onto a stunning beach.
However there are many things about the hotel that are not right, but could so easily be corrected.
Breakfast is a real mish mash . . food often not in the buffet containers, or cold if it is there. After paying so much for the villa it would have been lovely to have been able to have the option to have breakfast brought there rather than endure the bun fight for tables in the restaurant.
Food at lunch and dinner was also very average and quite expensive by Vietnamese standards. We were not impressed with what was on the menu or indeed arrived but needing food, and not being near anywhere else, it is all we could eat.
The shuttle into Hoi An is a reliable asset both ways, but often overbooked with not enough room for all those booked on to it. It would be so easy to keep the number of bookings per bus and then let people know there is no more room so they can get a different bus or get a taxi into town.
Staff wear their own clothes so we never knew who was coming into the villa, cleaners, technical staff, pool service etc..
The main pool of an evening (after 6 when it is meant to be shut) is often very rowdy with staff ignoring drunken guests rampage around in it until they are requested to do something about it.
The storage in the villa could be rearranged somewhat as there are no shelves for smaller things like swimwear and underwear (they are filled with tea and coffee etc) there is a HUGE wardrobe but only 6 hangers so we could not even hang up all of our clothes. A few extra shelves/hangers in here would be great.
The shower in the villa was ridiculous, you could not leave the showerhead on the wall as it flooded the rest of the bathroom because of the angle it points out at and there is no adjustment. Having to hold it makes showering and washing hair very difficult.
I realise these are only small matters to some people, but they could be amended quite easily to make a holidaymakers stay here so very much better and therefore get a rise in their present ranking on trip advisor.

Room Tip: beach front villas are very good but expensive
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank naughtydel
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I have travelled to 54 countries in my life and used to work in the travel industry so I have seen a LOT of hotels in my life and I honestly CANNOT believe all the negative comments on this site about this hotel! I think they come from people who are used to staying in 'plastic' new-styled resorts where they would pay much more than this hotel in HoiAn. NEVER - in my 6 night stay, did I feel like there was ANYTHING to complain about at this resort. It has character, it is atmospheric, I never smelled any mould, never saw any mould - the resort and in particular our rooms were extremely clean and the staff were truly pleasant. I feel like this place is being targeted by some very negative people with unrealistic expectations.

What I loved:-
A few lovely clean and fresh little local restaurants just outside the hotel to eat at that also sold basic conveniences and did laundry at a very cheap price
Included Hotel breakfast was fresh and lovely with plenty of choices - including Yogurt if you asked for it
Rooms large, fresh, clean with great bathrooms and quick room service and laundry service
Quiet resort that made me feel like I was in Vietnam and not in just any touristy beach resort
2 pools to choose from - one was extremely quiet with no children
Great beach to walk along, swim in, with lovely shady beach huts with lounge chairs provided so you can sit and read comfortably after enjoying a swim in the ocean.
Shuttle service in and out of the town of Hoi An were reliable, although perhaps not as frequent as I would have liked
Only a 10 minute and $5 taxi ride into town if the shuttle times didn't suit you
Smiling staff and a definite 'can-do' attitude by reception
The Reception area - which I know needs to be dark to keep it cool - always had fresh flowers, plenty of seats, helpful staff and no musty smells - funny, as I would have stayed at the resort at the same time as another guest who reported musty smells...and my job is to inspect residential properties and pay particular attention to any musty smells...
No problems with any bugs in rooms, around pools or the restaurant.
Great air-conditioning with the rooms being kept cool at all times
Beautiful spa where you can have a massage by the beach if you like.

Only negative:
The lifeguards at the beach reallly never paid any attention to people swimming in the beach and were often not there or were asleep.

This was a perfect option for a beach resort and also the best way to make the most of Hoi an. We spent the mornings at the resort and the beach and waited until the cooler part of the day to head into town to walk around, enjoy a cocktail and eat dinner in some of the many great restaurants in this picturesque historical fishing village. I would definitely come back to this resort.

Room Tip: We just stayed at the rooms near the garden pool and stayed upstairs which was better because we did...
5  Thank Marcelle W