le belhamy resort & spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$155
US$120
US$78
Travelocity
1,023 results
All reviewsprivate poolshuttle busbeachfront villafamily villacoconut treesgarden roomtennis courtsda nangevery morningrestaurant staffhoi an ancient townshuttle servicespecial thanksmarble mountainbeautiful gardenbuffet breakfasta lovely stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 September 2010

Recently stayed here in a pool villa , a fantastic room .The service though was appalling , keen and eager staff but absolutely no management or guidance so what could have been a fantastic stay was sadly let down by shambolic organisation. An example of this is despite 4 of us staying and having 2 bathrooms we were provided with only one small shower gel and just enough towels for the main bathroom, and even when we took some to the ensuite they were taken away. Also the hotel seemed to be penny pinching ie charges for providing dvd player in room or for the use of bikes (all provided free at the much cheaper Life Heritage) Admittedly we did stay during its soft opening period so the room was discounted but le Belhamy made no effort for any feed back. Definetly a case for the Hotel Inspector( a tv show in the UK where they rescue a failing hotel ).
The hotel is situated on a beautiful beach though and not far from Hoi An (about 100,000 Dong or £3.50 or $5.00) about 5min in a taxi which are easy to get now.
Would i return , possibly with better management , but would definetly stay in Hoi An town and use this beach location as a bonus(???)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank rooky
Reviewed 23 August 2010

La Belhamy is a great place to stay and we didn't understand whywe hardly could find it on the internet and the rating on tripadvisor is so low. We just stopped on our way to Hoi-An and asked for a room and were very surprised. It has a beautifull beach, nice swimmingpool, good breakfast, big (very big) accomodation. You can choose a bungalow with your own private pool, a two storey queen villa in which we stayed with our family of four, a japanese room and many others, Staff is very helpfull and friendly. Oke, like all the beachresorts in Hoi-An it is a few km's from town and you will need a shuttlebus or a taxi (3 euro) to town which was no problem to get.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank RobNetherlands
Reviewed 13 August 2010

We stayed at Le Belhamy Resort for 14 nights during July 2010. We got a deal through the Accor website and paid 69 Euros a night with BF for a garden villa.

Resort Area: Belhamy Resort tried to incorporate a Hoi An feel to the resort. Partly they succeeded. The garden villa's are nicely situated in a lush and beautiful landscape. The newer pool villa's are more or less divided in blocks. The entrance of the resort if very poor, the parking place looks more like from some local company rather than a resort entrance. The reception is like a barn. Very poorly designed and we first thought we were placed in a waiting room before going to the actual reception. So, your first impression of the resort will be a poor one. The lightning is very poor. In the evenings, it is very dark at the resort. Especially around the appartments and it is quite difficult to find the door opening.

Beach: A fantastic beach. Clean and large and so much privacy. When we were there, during 14 days, we had maybe 1 or 2 days, there were more than 3 parasols taken. Usually there is 0-2 couples on the beach. Some days we had the whole beach for ourselves.

Rooms: We stayed in a one room villa and got "upgraded" to a seaview villa, which is basically the same, only you can sea the sea. The room is spacy, yet, it does not have a cosy feeling, due to the high ceiling. On the second floor is the bedroom. You cannot cover one window, which is very annoying in the early morning when the sun rises around 6am. The worst is however, the amount of insects in the villa. There are ants and flies, I don't know where they come from, but they just lay dead on the floor, bed, tables. I assume through airco. Anyway, you have to keep all your bags, etc. closed if you don't want to have them inside your stuff. Gecko's visit your room frequently. Now, in general I do not mind gecko's at all. But these ones keep on making noises throughout the night and worst of all they poop. Also on your bed when you sleep. But the very worst are the cackcroaches. I don't even know how many I killed, but they are especially in the toilet area, but also in the living room and bedroom. This made our stay not pleasant. We made a few complaints and the last 2 nights we were allowed to stay in the pool villa. What a difference! Very clean, no animals and a lot more cosy from decoration, etc. point of view. I wished we would have been more persistent with our complaints as sleeping inbetween gecko poop and cackcroaches is not our idea of holidays. In any case, if the price is right, definately don't take a 1 bedroom villa, but take the poolvilla.

Breakfast: Was good. A lof of fresh products, very good cofee and nice staff. We never got bored with it and this is usually the case if you eat 14 days a bf buffet. However, they should improve the airco as it gets very sweaty, they should put some signs with the dishes, as especially with the hot dishes, it is impossible to determine if you eat fish, vegetarian, pork or something else. And in addition, they should keep cheese and meat in a cold place and not put it on the table in a hot room.

Guests: During the weekend, there were quite a view Vietnamese guests. During the week and weekend, there were about 2-8 couples/families from outside Vietnam. All in all, it was very quiet. Only during the weekend with breakfast, it was sometimes a bit busy, but still, nothing compared to other places we have seen. All in all, the resort is extremely quiet. However, this might change of course. They are building like crazy between Da Nang and Hoi An. In addition, Belhamy just opened and so not discovered yet.

Personnel: Very friendly. The English language skills are on a low level and sometimes it is difficult to make yourself understandable. We noticed that when the management is not around, service is somewhat of lesser quality. Especially during lunch time. But all in all, the staff, with a few exceptions, are extremely polity, friendly and kind. The management: A Swedish guy at breakfast, he is friendly and speaks to the guest. The director, a French guy, doesn't really interfere with the guests and shows up during breakfast to eat with his family.

Location: About 40 minutes from Da Nang airport (approx. 280.000 Dong by taxi). About 10 minutes from Hoi An centre (approx. 85.000 Dong by taxi). As there is nothing around the resort, you'd have to go by taxi to Hoi An every evening e.g. for dinner (it is still cheaper to go by taxi to Hoi An and back and go for dinner there, then stay at the resort and eat in the (empty) resort restaurant.

All in all: The resort itself is nice, the staff is nice, the beach is great and it is extremely quiet, but the room (with the exception of the pool villa) was disappointing. Would I recommend this place: If you go to a pool villa and get a good deal (less than 100 Euros a night), I would recommend it. I would not recommend to go to to Garden room or a non pool villa and for sure not if the price is not right. As mentioned, we got a good deal, 69 Euros a night and even for this price, I would have expected a cleaner and more cosy room.

Tips for Hoi An:
Food: Definately try Morning Glory (Vietnamese food), Cargo Club (International + great desserts in the cafe downstairs) and Good Morning Vietnam (delicious pizza).
Clothing: Kim Chi is professional, they speak good English and delivery great quality for a good price. DO NOT go to Impressions boutique for shoes, what a joke. Very poor quality and they rip you off ("fake" sneakers are of bad quality and you can find the original version cheaper in e.g. Hong Kong, Seoul or any other city). Also do not go to Blue clothing shop. This was recommended by a girl of Belhamy. I assume she got provision, but the quality was not good at Blue, the people not friendly and not interested in you, only in your money.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Helsinki1972
Reviewed 8 July 2010

I was referred to this hotel by a friend and also trusted that they belong in Accor group, they should be good at least to my Vietnamese standards. However, it is not so. I can't imagine how an American would think.
When I arrived after a long ride from Danang airport, I thought I was gonna be welcomed by a great reception. However, when I got there, I was greeted by a very rude bellboy, he didn't open the taxi door for me, but instead he opened the front door to bargain for another customer to get to the airport. In my opinion, that was really rude, considering noone should bargain like that in front of a customer.
After that he told me to get my stuffs to the reception that i had to walk a bit to (that's fine, without any help!!!), but then he just told me that i didn't need to call it reception (in English) and i could just use the word in Vietnamese. I was in complete shock.
When i thought things couldn't get worse, i started hearing a receptionist bellowing into the phone asking curtly the person on the other line names and information. I never heard anyone in upscale hospitality industry sounded like that in my entire life. That was so far the only problems I had with their staff. Other than the miscommunication they had with my staff regarding my lost Accor card. They told my staff that it is ok that i don't need to have the card to get a discount, as long as I have my information in the system, which was not what happened.
Anyway, the resort is beautiful by nature. Very spacious. Still a lot of places are under construct when i was there in June. I stayed in a deluxe room with garden view. There are lot of problems with this room despite its spaciousness and detailed oriented design. First of all, the electrical switch is located at the end of the room, so when you enter at night time (with limited lighting outside), you will have to walk in the dark through all the furniture to get to that switch. Unless, you get creative and make some kind of a key to replace the only key that you're given, then your electricity will be on all the time. I hit my knee against the tea table and the bed twice in 1 night I was there.
Secondly, water in this resort has weird taste and smell like medicine. I suggest you brush your teeth with their complimentary water bottles.
Last but perhaps the worst, I could hear almost too clearly what people did in the room above. Walking, moving furniture. It was a nightmare.
Other than 2 spider webs I found in the closet. The room was clean. There was a safe in the closet. I don't know if there was internet in the room, I got really bad signal wifi using my iPhone. Normally, in Vietnam, wireless should be free everywhere. It's standard practice now, unless, in 5 star hotel, they will charge for ridiculous price.
I can't say anything about the breakfast cos' i didn't wake up early enough to try. But the only restaurant in the resort is hot without any air conditioning (only fans and it is almost 40 degree Celsius). Their food is not all good. The worst i tried was Pho Bo (Beef noodle). Their cappuccino and fresh spring rolls were pretty good.
Oh, by the way, did I mention that the bed was really really hard?
As the above comment, the resort is far from everything. I spent almost 1 mil VND just for taxi in 1 day. That is about 60USD. Expensive relatively to Vietnam in general. Oh, and there is no ATM in the resort. You gotta to travel to Hoi An to withdraw cash if needed.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
5  Thank duongthuylinh
Reviewed 26 June 2010

Booked this as a birthday treat for ourselves in the middle of a Easter backpacking trip. Have to concede it was soft opening. First impressions very good, nice layout, choice of pools etc. Room spotless and big. Biggest problem....location toooooo far from Hoi An and twice daily shuttle not helpful. Taxis abound in Hoi An, but none near hotel, this will change as area starts to grow I guess.
Staff friendly and happy but not well trained and poor English for a large chain. Lots of explaining, hand signals etc to request pillows, internet, working TV! No wireless and limited link to internet in 'hotspots'.
Mini bar and room service very very expensive, will no doubt cater to tour groups or cruise ships in teh end to make its money. There is a few local run shops within a ten min walk to stock up on soft drinks etc.
Brerakfast buffet and coffee good, staff hovering a lot as very quiet!
All in all wasn't the treat we expected. Would def stop in Hoi An itself which i a beautiful town, fab restaurantsm coffee shops, shopping and lanterns hanging everywhere!
Finally, was also surprised not to be given feedback forms as we were staying in there in 2nd day of soft opening!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple