“Don't be fooled by the first impression, STAY HERE!”
Review of Sunflower Hostel

Sunflower Hostel
Ranked #167 of 306 Hoi An B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 May 2011

We were dropped off by the bus travel company in Hoi An and once we alighted, we were Swarmed with people asking us to check into their hotels, including this one. they even offered something even more ridiculous to begin with, pick up service to anywhere within Hoi An. (which some 5 star hotels in other cities i have stayed before don't even have it) so i thought this was too good to be true and persuaded my friend to go to the original hotel down the road which we originally intended to stay in.

But i was wrong, this was the best hotel you could get, excellent service, staff in the lobby spoke great english and was very friendly and will strike a conversation with you / greet you at the door when you arrive back at the hotel. and best of all, free shuttle service to and from the hotel to anywhere in Hoi An town just a phone call away.

the rooms are spacious and clean, no frills, with a great swimming pool. this is the best value you could get!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,100)

Reviewed 12 May 2011

After an awful nights stay at another hotel in town we booked into The Sunflower.We were a bit apprehensive after our last experience but we shouldn't have worried. Staff greated us on arrival asked us which room we'd prefer and away we went.

The room was small but very clean they're were even fresh flowers left on the beds for us. Location is in the middle of the beach and town - but you can hire bikes right outside for 1 dollar a day (just be careful because we think the bike lady took our key and then charged us for losing it!)

Pool area was great and breakfast was buffet style.

The service made our trip what it was and we messed the lady about over our open bus tickets but she answered all our hundreds of questions and made us feel like we were no trouble at all.

Hoi An is one of the best places to go in Vietnam and so id thid hotel. STAY THERE :-)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2011

Where do I begin?
Some fellow travelers raved about staying here, so when I came to town, I checked it out and immediately loved it's sweeping staircase, smiling staff, and lovely pool in the back. It got better as I got more acquainted with the place.

The rooms are spacious, the halls extra wide, so you feel
Ike royaly. At the end of each hallway, the views are picturesque.

The ladies I had met had happily mentioned the breakfast buffet that is included with your stay. I was wondering how good can it be? Well folks, it is excellent. So much to choose from AND, they change it up each day. This foodie was impressed.

The staff are wonderful, so happy! My first night, I ordered room service because I was a bit tired from the daylong motorcycle ride. The woman who came to my door was so sweet and helpful, she brought a big smile to the face of this weary traveler.
Any questions or needs were tended to with the utmost of care and consideration by all the staff.

It is located is between town and the beach so one needs a scooter, bicycle or cab to get to where the "action" is, and this was fine with me. Accessible to everything in under10 minutes with my scooter. Oh, they offer free personalized shuttle service that I didn't use, but was told it comes in just a few minutes.

I had a lovely room with a balcony overlooking the pool. It was one of those kind of rooms that you enjoy hanging out in.......comfortable, clean and pleasant. TV with tons of channels in English, a giant armoir, and water that ran well and hot in seconds. There was a fridge and hot pot too. The management has really done the details with this one. Even the red "nightlight" lamp made me more comfortable when going to sleep.

I had to leave Hoi An to meet up with a friend in HCM, and it was hard to leave this place that I SO enjoyed. Thinking about going back during this trip, I really enjoyed the time I called The Sunflower "home".

I keep thinking of more positives to share, but I better stop here. Don't want the price to go up the next time I roll into town. :)

Room Tip: Pay a bit more for the balcony, SO nice.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Acquablue
Reviewed 29 April 2011

staff very helpfull,great food, they do not accept any credit cards

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 April 2011

For everyone who like the beach, a not sleeping city and a beautiful area need to go to Hoi An. We rent a scooter and crossed around in the area of Hoi An. The Sunflower Hotel was the perfect place to stay. The people are very helpfull in explaining the good places and routes. In case you want to do something, they are willing to organize it for you. The location was perfect, although we did a lot of things with the scooter, we walked also to beach (30 min.) and town (15 min.).
Maybe more important: the room, hotel itself and the breakfast area are clean! Very nice to start and end your day. And not to forget: the swimming pool!!

We were more than happy to stay here and will come back here in future!

Room Tip: Be honest about what you want
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2011

Loved everything about this place. Our standard room was spacious, with a comfy bed, a balcony and a nice bathroom that included a bath. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful well above the call of duty. For example, one night we asked if they had a lighter we could borrow and without us knowing one of the staff ran down the road to buy one for us to use. Buffet breakfast included a range of cereals, toast, fruit, yogurt, eggs cooked to order AND six different (sometimes slightly random e.g. Pumpkin soup; sometimes awesome e.g. Loads of bacon) hot things every morning. As others have noticed it is a little way out of town but the free hotel taxi leaves anytime you like, a regular taxi costs less than 30,000 dong (USD$1.50) from town and it's actual a pretty easy walk. It was far nicer than the places my friends stayed in and they were paying far more than we did. Highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2011

I chose this hotel on the last minute. I've actually made a reservation else where, but I was told that the room has to be canceled.

My friends got the room number 305 (I guess). Its right in front of the staircase. Me and my wife got the room on 2nd floor, I forgot the room number but the location is on the left, right after you go up the stairs you make a left, and the room is the last on the left. The toilet smells sooooooooo bad! Really bad!! I don't know where it came from.

We were happy to know that the rates we paid is including breakfast, and the breakfast was great. More than you could ever expect from a 22USD. I didn't try the wifi, And there's an extra bonus... The transit van. This van that will transfer you through the 4 intersections from the hotel to the old town.

The staffs were also kind and helpful. I somehow needed hot drinking water and it was midnight, and I went to the lobby to ask for the water and the staff said they are going to send it up to our room. It's the little things that makes everything better.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel, but just choose the right room, but I'm not going come back here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends