“Excellent Service”

Hoi An Philong Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #104 of 245 Tours in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: Hoi An Philong Tours is run by Mr.Toan Philong. We arrange the budget Vietnam Package Trips & We also arrange the Ecotours in Hoi An city, Vietnam.We have lots of tourist service.Children under 6 year old:free. Director :Mr.Toan
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Excellent airport transfer service from/to Danang Airport to/from Hoi An for $14USD. Both transfers were on time with excellent communication from Philong in the days prior. He spoke English and had a driver, which allowed him to focus on answering our questions. I think the cost also included a free stop at Marble Mountain but we forgone the visit. If I ever revisit Hoi An, I will definitely use him again.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

Mr. Philong met us at our hotel an our after our arrival to give us our tickets for our 5am tour of My Son. We pre-booked a private cooking tour and were very pleasantly surprised when he picked us up on his bicycle (we had already rented bicycles for $1/bike/per but he offered to rent them for us.) His wife and family were home and warmly greeted us. Mr. Philong talked us through all of the different foods we prepared, showed us the ingredients, but more importantly gave us a history of why they eat the foods they eat.

I couldn't recommend this more highly. He then arranged a car to take us to the train station and rode with us to make sure we got off alright. This was all very reasonably priced and well worth the little bit extra for a private tour. (My husband and I keep kosher and they didn't skip a beat when we told them our dietary limitations.)

Reviewed 26 June 2012

I booked return airport transfers with philong from Danang to Hoi an. On both occassions the transfer was on time with good communication from Philong in the days prior. I was unable to go on any of the trips philong had to offer but im sure they would have been excellent value for money. I have no hesitation in using philong tours again.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

Mr Philong was on time whenever he pick us up. The car he hired was clean. On our way to the tourist sites, he told us about the history and showed us some pictures and illustrated very well.

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We actually booked this class just through a random travel agency in Hoi An without many expectations other than a 3 vegetarian dish lesson at a restaurant. The tour began with Mr. Toan picking us up at our hotel and cycling down to the market to pick up some fresh ingredients. We were pleasantly surprised that he spoke fantastic English and that he'd be our guide and interpreter (as the chef spoke little english). We ended up being a group of two (my girlfriend and I) and would therefore not be going to the restaurant to cook but a little ways out of the city. We were a little skeptical, especially when we turned up at a regular looking house - his house in fact. His wife was the chef and their 'kitchen' was a front room of the house overlooking their small garden out front.

All our anxieties that this may not be a professionally run class disappeared when it was obvious that we were getting so much more out of it - a local business owner had just welcomed us into his home and immediately made us to feel like part of the family! We made 3 dishes (all made especially vegetarian/vegan for us) - Banh Xeo (Vietnamese pancake), fried spring rolls, and the famous local dish: Quang noodles - which was excellent!

We were shown what to do but never felt that we just spectators as all the chopping, cooking, stirring, plating, and of course eating we did ourselves. After each dish, we were meant to write down all the ingredients and steps we took to prepare as a way to reinforce what we just did plus to have a copy of the recipe!

The lesson was meant to be a 4-hour day, however we ended up really taking our time and enjoying each dish and chatting that we ended up in the kitchen for 6 hours!!

All in all it was a great course, great chef, great guide and totally recommended!