“Amazing time”

Ranked #1 of 89 Food & Drink in Hoi An
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Activities for older children
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Activities for older children
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We had a great time at this coming class. It was a long day but I had read other reviews so I was prepared for it. We picked stuffed squid and fish cakes for our dishes and they were both great. The class was well prepared and the instructions thoughtful. If I wasn't sure of something van (the teacher) would repeat the instructions. My advice is to eat small amounts of the first few dishes as you will be totally full by the last.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have nothing but praise. Van is an excellent teacher, friendly, and a natural when it comes to working with groups. The day began with an informative and productive trip to the market to gather all the perishable ingredients for the many meals we were preparing that day. Then we went to her kitchen where each of us in the group began preparations for our meals. Each person got to cook their dish one-by-one, then all of us got to eat each one :)

I liked this course so much better than others, first because Van is such a great teacher, and second, you get to choose which dish you would like to make. The list of available dishes is expansive, including many vegetarian dishes.

Again, a must do!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Van was an excellent hostess and I can't recommend this enough. The thing that sets this apart from other cookery courses is the fact that you choose what you want to cook (from a long list supplied by Van prior to the class) & Van has an army of helpers to do the washing up and cleaning between each dish, allowing you to focus on the chopping and the cooking! We started by visiting the market and selecting all the items for our dishes which was really interesting in itself. We then went back to Van's lovely house/cookery school and each cooked our own dish. There was 11 of us so 11 courses in the end! We were kept topped up with water & beer too.. Needless to say we were stuffed. We felt very well looked after & for the equivalent of £30 it was an absolute bargain when you consider the amount of food and the quality of the experience.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

loved the personal and friendly attitude. cooking and sharing food was great idea rather than cooking and eating own choice.
Market shopping fun
all in all highly recommended. Van, the teacher a wonderful , friendly and helpful chef.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I would echo all the other positive reviews about Van's cooking classes. She is a wonderful teacher we learnt so much and there was so much wonderful food I could not have eaten another thing. I would highly recommend the class to anyone visiting Hoi An.