“Basic and cheap”
Review of My Chau Hotel

My Chau Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hoi An
My Chau Hotel
Ranked #236 of 275 Hoi An B&B and Inns
Nha Trang, Khanh Hoa, Vietnam
“Basic and cheap”
Reviewed 30 January 2013

We stayed here in a fan room for $8/night. I would recommend paying for aircon though as we were too hot every day and night. At one point I tried to sneak down in the middle of the night to sneakily switch on the aircon but it didn't work as you need the remote! Worth a try! I did notice, in doing this, that the drawers and cupboards are all left unlocked.

The room and bathroom was adequate enough and we were fine with everything. The only problem was that we had an army of ants in the room that were going for the bin where our orange peel was.

We booked our onwards travel from here to Nha Trang on the sleeper bus and left our luggage in the back and everything was still there when we left it for the day. They also had a shower which we could use whilst waiting for the bus.

There is a restaurant opposite the entrance which seems to be used for funerals and they play really loud music throughout the morning and day.
Further down this street are a couple of good street food options; some really good and very cheap beef noodle soup for example.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 26 October 2012 via mobile

I don't usually check reviews but a friend informed me of some horrible ones just after I checked in. So I spent my time there a little paranoid I was going to have my room raided.
Luckily I did not. I did keep my key with me rather than returning it to the desk, and I declined housekeeping service while I was out.
So dispite my paranoia the place was rather pleasant and a decent price, $7/night for a single room. The girl at the desk was lovely and helped me book a tour to My Son temples, and my bus to Hue.
I did however have to ask them to come clean the toilet again as there were sticky pee spots on the seat when I arrived.

• Stayed October 2012
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 27 August 2012

In a nut shell, dont stay at thís hotel. Stayed hểre for 2 nights an had 150 euro taken from our roôm. Another couple also had money taken from their rốom the same night as us. Coincidence?
After confronting them, they denied everything and accused ús òf lying and shouted at us in Vietnamese.

Thís hotel ís one big scam and it starts at the bús station when they try to lure you to their place.

Good location, rooms are average yet not clean.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Hoi An hotels

Hoi An
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I am surprised to read some of the reviews on here. I stayed here June 2012. Room was clean, with tv, and air con (both had remotes). All for $10. Not a huge room but had small closet and desk. My room was on the first floor (so up the stairs). It was quiet. Door locked fine and seemed secure. I had computer, camera, and money in my room. They have a guy who sleeps by the front door of the hotel.

Located about 10minutes from river. They rent bicycles for $1 a day.

Staff seemed friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I have stayed there 1 night.

About 10 mins from hotel to old market.
About 5 mins from hotel to Sinh tourist that is no.1 tour/transportation service in Vietnam.
SInh tourist can pick up you at the hotel.

Near to Sinh tourist, you can rent bicycle to go old market area. Actually you can walk to there.
And you can cycleing to Cua Dai beach about 4 km from old quarter.
Some local menus are waiting there in good atmosphere e.g. Cau Lao(yellow noodle with pork and soy bean sauce), My quang, Banh Can, Ngao nuong(grilled shellfish) etc.

Staffs are friendly in normal level.
Facilities are in good condition and suitable price.

You can find local foods in front of the hotel in the morning and lunch.
It's good price but you need to ask price first for food.

Hoi An people are always friendly. I love there and miss there.
It's hot city, chill and noisy in old market area.

Xin cam on,

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Abha, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Rooms were nice although needs some tlc in places, I strongly urge you to get an A/C room as fans are inadequate. Staff friendly and location is pretty good being on the outskirts of old town...

Room Tip: Get A/C... fan is useless!