“Under New Management!”

and 1 more site!
Hoi Pho Hotel
Ranked #172 of 297 Hoi An B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights and had a great time. Next door is a fantastic shop serving Pho/ Cau Lau (variations of noodle soup) in the mornings and Chicken rice at night. The staff were very geniune and honest. It was surprising to see the poor reviews given.

The hotel has since changed hands from the poor reviews.!

Also motorbikes can be hired for 80 000 dong just up the street.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

My bf and I arrived into Hoi An on 29th December and had no where to stay. After checking a few hotels en route to the old town we tried Hoi Pho. We got a double room with a single bed too and a decent bathroom. The ladies were v friendly and helpful. Breakfast you can get for $1 but portions aren't huge.

Shower was hot but like in all places on Vietnam they run cold if you stay in there too long!

It's location was good, being 5-10 min walk from the old town. We hadn't decided how long we were staying for but we kept extending our room and it was never a problem as they were alway so accommodating.

There's a man across the road who you can rent bikes from and it's cheap!

We booked our sleeper bus via the hotel to nha trang without issues and the hotel even impressed us more because we were already settled on the bus at the hoi an bus station when the lady suddenly appeared as my bf had left his jacket behind!! So thoughtful and considerate as I think some places may of just left it!!

Was a good 3 night stay and would def come bk. We had room 204! X

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I was quite shocked when I saw the low rating. Although the best thing about the hotel was the staff, the rooms were quite nice and everything was in good condition. The price was reasonable for the region as well, especially because it is located right next to the old city center. Thanks to Tho and colleagues for the great time! I will consider it again if I ever return to Hoi An.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We stayed there for two nights. In the beginning they are really friendly and nice. We negotiated the twin room for 12$ without breakfast. So this was ok. The smaller rooms aren't nice at all. But there is no service at all at the rooms. You even don't have WiFi in the rooms, which is the first time in Vietnam that I didn't had one. In the morning the shower didn't work. So you should go at night for a shower.

Then my worst experience in whole southeastasia about lies and ripping off tourists:

We booked unfortunately our bus ticket to nha thrang over them.Since they were really understandable with our bad bus experience before, they told us they can book us a much nicer bus. I compared to other booking office as well, and we agreed on a price for 300000 vnd for a tourist bus. But what we got was the most [--] up bus in southeastasia I had so far (in 3months). Who ever travelled with vitamese sleeping busses, knows what I mean. But don't get me wrong, if I would have known that it is the local bus for 200000 vnd, I wouldn't complain. But in this hotel and their booking office, they told us it is a really nice one and we should trust them. They had a lot of experience with busses and we can trust them...such kind of betraieers and Vietnamese people make your whole Vietnam travel really sad although Vietnam itself is really nice and you meet as well really nice people.

So just avoid this hotel. Directly next to this hotel is another nicer one, for 18$ including breakfast. And many other hotels a long the street all between 10 and 30$.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We read the previous reviews to this hotel a day after checking in and it scared us almost half to death. So we decided to show the staff the reviews and told us that they are under new management now and going through some major upgrading hence the building work and noise in the morning (which doesn't occur every day like some say).
We met Mrs Flower who was extremely helpful reccomending tailors and shoe shops also not to let anyone local "help" you shop etc etc.
anyway, the room we were given was beyond our expectations as it was actually a double bed with single bed (there are only 2 of us)
the beds were comfy, sheets clean staff was friendly and noone stole anything from our room..
We are overall completely satisfied and want to let everyone know who previously stayed here that Hoi Pho has completely changed for the better :)

Room Tip: Get room 302.. it's the best one at the top of the hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Reading all the reviews, we were quite shocked that so many people rated it so low. We had 3 good nights in the hotel. It's clean, the staff is friendly and helpfull, it's nearby the citycenter and it's quite cheap, only $10,- a night for a double room. We had a really bad place before, so we were really happy with this place. We could recommend it!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2013

If you tell other locals you are staying at Hoi Pho, they laugh and ask how much she is charging you.

In the morning I complained to the hotel owner that the water heater and the air conditioner hadn't worked, and I asked for some of our money back. She told me she had already discounted my room to $12 and could not discount it anymore.

"We're already the cheapest place in Hoi An," she pronounced.

"That's not true," I said. "There are plenty of places for $10."

"Then why don't you stay there?" she asked. A very good question.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple